Jackson - the jokes

is there any thread on trade2win that doesn't end up in huge drama?

I've said this a few times, but all you have to do to trade vanilla outrights is identify the kind of market (or market phases):

1. Trending market. Use tight stops, large profit targets, and pyramid your trades.
2. Mean reverting market. Use wide stops, small profit targets, and average your trades.
3. Random walking market. Like 2, but you must always be earning the spread. Best avoided really.

So basically t2w is for lulz, innit.

Depends on the participants.
For some it's the safe version of grafitti and vandalism.

But poking fun at a bizarre skin bleaching is not at all racist.

Your right, it's not but I think you missed the point.... It's not the joke but the use of the word. Be it right or not enough people both black and white are seriously moved when they hear that word. Saying it here in the US is offensive enough to get you fired (sacked) no questions asked. It might not carry the same weight there. I just think the civil thing to do is not to offend. If that makes me a skeptic so be it. I can live with it alright.

Honestly I laughed too when I read it but that doesn't make it right or appropriate. So be mature, admit it was in poor taste and move on. Thats cool and that is all we are asking.

Your right, it's not but I think you missed the point.... It's not the joke but the use of the word. Be it right or not enough people both black and white are seriously moved when they hear that word. Saying it here in the US is offensive enough to get you fired (sacked) no questions asked. It might not carry the same weight there. I just think the civil thing to do is not to offend. If that makes me a skeptic so be it. I can live with it alright.

Honestly I laughed too when I read it but that doesn't make it right or appropriate. So be mature, admit it was in poor taste and move on. Thats cool and that is all we are asking.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree here; I do understand your point of view but my view is that clearly practically any statement will be found offensive by somebody and therefore each of us has to draw the line somewhere about how many people we're going to offend, and additionally, like it or not, how valid we feel their objections are. I don't think that too many people, at least if they give it some thought rather than just jumping at the word, are going to be offended by this statement - and I am pretty damn sure that their objections have very little validity (I mean, it's not absolute, I could be persuaded otherwise but it would be an uphill battle).

So it does come down to personal judgement, and I do feel inclined to stick to my (or Dino's) guns, even though I can see that it isn't black or white (lol).

And I don't care if I offend Aaron :LOL:

ok,ok, it appears to have opened a can of worms and I apoligise for that, it was not my intent and I apologise for that, Aaron, I have your PM, but will respond here rather than PM you back, perhaps I was hasty in my action and had the opportunity to reflect over a beer ans sky sports last night.

For the record, I'm neither racist, homophobic or any other permutation or mixture thereof. We all come into this world having being created the same way, we have eyes, nose mouth, etc, etc and dependant where on the planet you are, looks, skin tone etc alter, that is totally irrelvent, we are all human beings irrespective. Unfortunately there are many morons out their who are biased, why I don't know, its beyond me. The guy who sent me the txt, which forwarded on is my best mate of 15 or so years, and I'm proud and happy to have such a great mate, and long may that continue, I'm white skinned, he's brown skinned, so what, the only gripe I've got against him is in the summer, when I get suntanned, he often jokes, how much I'm trying to get to his colour without much success (git), hehe, all good fun and banter and so it should be. So lets put this to bed and move on, for those of you who never saw it, I will say it again, but asterisk the offensive word, and I say again, this was intended lighthearted

Scientists in America, have taken the DNA from Michael Jacksons corpse and Mixed it with DNA from Arnold Swarzenegger to make a clone, they are going to call it Michael Wasan*****

Lets move on

RE: the jokes

Yeah, well Jackson will have last laugh won't he?

He'll be remembered long after they're long gone, dead and buried ....

Cheers

Im a jackson fan. First tape I ever bought was 'bad'. Great singer/performer - Never found guilty of any dodgy stuff was he??

That being said:

Michael Jackson's girlfriend is said to be distraught. She was quoted as saying: "first my parents leave me in Portugal, and now this!!"

ok,ok, it appears to have opened a can of worms and I apoligise for that, it was not my intent and I apologise for that, Aaron, I have your PM, but will respond here rather than PM you back, perhaps I was hasty in my action and had the opportunity to reflect over a beer ans sky sports last night.

For the record, I'm neither racist, homophobic or any other permutation or mixture thereof. We all come into this world having being created the same way, we have eyes, nose mouth, etc, etc and dependant where on the planet you are, looks, skin tone etc alter, that is totally irrelvent, we are all human beings irrespective. Unfortunately there are many morons out their who are biased, why I don't know, its beyond me. The guy who sent me the txt, which forwarded on is my best mate of 15 or so years, and I'm proud and happy to have such a great mate, and long may that continue, I'm white skinned, he's brown skinned, so what, the only gripe I've got against him is in the summer, when I get suntanned, he often jokes, how much I'm trying to get to his colour without much success (git), hehe, all good fun and banter and so it should be. So lets put this to bed and move on, for those of you who never saw it, I will say it again, but asterisk the offensive word, and I say again, this was intended lighthearted

Scientists in America, have taken the DNA from Michael Jacksons corpse and Mixed it with DNA from Arnold Swarzenegger to make a clone, they are going to call it Michael Wasan*****

Lets move on

The so called N word has different meanings to different people depending on it's use, for example between people of a northern european descent (NED) to refer to people of african descent (AD), between two people of AD to refer to each other etc and each contextual usage has a historical background as most words in the english language do. The trouble begins when the user of the word does not fully understand the historical and modern day context of the word. An understanding of this nature is necessary only to avoid causing offence. I believe that this forum is not the proper place for a full explanation of the historical and modern contextual use of the n word. What I will say is that use of the word, even on a public forum should not be used either by a person of NED or AD for different reasons.

I have heard AD colleagues of mine calling other AD colleagues an uncle tom/coconut for allowing the N word to be used unchecked or without being challenged in the workplace. I have heard colleagues of NED being called racist by other NED's simply for using the word, even in a seemingly non-racist context. The safest option, if you want to avoid causing offence, is simply not to use it on this forum. I have found that the majority of AD's find the word offensive if used by people who are not AD's as well as AD's using it between themselves.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
I don't think anyone should be gratuitously offensive to anyone, unless they call themselves aarontechnicallymentalmalins or his alter ego hellotrader.

All this talk of the N word just reminds me of my dad back in the late 80s trying to tell his mother that calling her black doberman "Nigger" wasn't an appropriate thing to do anymore.

It was totally lost on her.

I still wonder if she went out into the garden late in the evening to call her dog in....

All this talk of the N word just reminds me of my dad back in the late 80s trying to tell his mother that calling her black doberman "Nigger" wasn't an appropriate thing to do anymore.

It was totally lost on her.

I still wonder if she went out into the garden late in the evening to call her dog in....

This is obviously a generational thing, have you seen an uncensored version of the Dam Busters? a dog in that movie has the N word as it's name which reflects the attitude of the time. Know what I'm sayin' caucasian?