J. Christoph Amberger

Fundamental traders want the world to know they bought and sold.

note from TheBramble: Seriously, one of the funniest....

When you make a successful trade, take 10 percent of the profits and buy something tangible, like a new hat. Reinvest the other 90 percent.

note from TheBramble: A new hat???

When you hit 100 percent gains on any equity trade, take your original stake off the table and forget about the remainder. Look it up in 10 years.

note from TheBramble: Well, OK, but you know what he means, right?

Economists are wrong.

note from TheBramble: Does anybody seriously ave any issue with that statement. I think we could actually go a lot further and suggest a strong fade on every friggin economist and especially every manicured talking head.

There is no correlation between consumer confidence and the stock market.

note from TheBramble: If I wasn't an anal retent and wanted to keep all this stuff in one place, I would have probably peferred to use this as a basis for a thread in its own right.

Analysts from brokerage firms have bought and want you to buy.

Analysts from brokerage firms are selling and want you to buy.

Analysts from brokerage firms want you to sell so they can buy.

note from TheBramble: I thought he'd got that wrong and was just about to call him, when....

Watching CNBC has never made anyone any money.

note from TheBramble: except CNBC of course.

The only sure way to become a millionaire in the markets is to start out a multimillionaire.

note from TheBramble: an old one and funny, and not true - as I'm sure JCA is aware. However, it's a lot easier to make £10M with $1M than it is £1M with £100K although you may not have as much 'fun' on the way.

You are not Warren Buffett. You will never be Warren Buffett.

note from TheBramble: Warren, this doesn't apply to you.

Successful options trading is like walking in front of a steamroller picking up dimes.

note from TheBramble: This simile is often used to demonstarte something that should't be attempted. In this specific case, it is an accurate depiction of how it actually works.

Eighty percent of options expire worthless. Or so they say.

note from TheBramble: Honest, this is one of his. He obviously doesn't have access to the invisible exchange...

Visiting companies and talking to CEOs makes me overly optimistic about those companies.The media is the same way.

Sometimes buying a ticker because it is a good ticker is a good idea.

note from TheBramble: I like that one a LOT.

In the back pages of the Economist you will find the Big Mac index and GDP growth figures. Find the country with the most undervalued currency and the highest GDP growth. Buy it.

Monitoring insider buying is the best, easiest way to determine if a tech stock will go up in value.

note from TheBramble: MrC - do you agree? I know this is an one of areas of specific expertise.