It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Any1 of you have trace record from last month,only with calls from live room?:cheesy:

Hi all and especially Rossobonks

Hmmm, I have a confession to make.

I've been a member of the FX500 Club for almost a year now and I have only just read an article that I found in the shared folder. Ok, so maybe it hasn't been in there a year but I know it's been in there a while... tut tut.

Rosso, you posted at the end of July about your problems pulling the trigger. If you haven't looked in the shared folder and read the article called The Journey to Becoming a Competent Trader then I cannot recommend highly enough that you do this. It's an excellent read and has changed my way of thinking about how I approach the psychological side to trading. Even if you have resolved your issues it is still an inspiring and insightful read for all members.

Thanks Dan for putting it in the shared folder and you can be sure I will have a good nose through everyday for anything new.

RS :smart:

Not sure if this is a duplication (in part or whole) but it's a recommended read IMHO...

The 10 Essentials of Forex Trading - Google Books

hi trader

Hi

Any1 of you have trace record from last month,only with calls from live room?:cheesy:
there are alot more trades,than in the live room,we get notes of levels to be watching,also live calls when the room is open,also trades for the new york,open,longer term set ups,some people onlytake the live calls,only. not even all of them,james is going to set up a demo and post the results of all the trades taken in the room,i dont know if they will post them on here,thats not my call,what i will do is post a end of week pip count of what i have done,and also a monthly return % wise if that helps anyone,sometimes you forget when you first started trading yourself,and these are vaild points for any newbie, to know they are alot of sharks out there,but please be aware,my results will not always the same as someone else taking the same trades,im only a member of the group,before trading on my own,taking only a couple of trades a week,all i can say is,if you want to learn to trade a method that works,learn mm,be part of a goup of people who help each other ,and have a laugh,if you want to make money,thats down to you,you have pull the trigger and hold the trades,which is a whole different ball game,hope this helps,sometimes im a little bit rude in past posts,which is not helpful to anyone,:innocent:

hi gamma

Do try to be a bit more courteous while dishing out advice to new or novice traders look at tenapenny's post above.
coco9 has been hanging around all day,without a reply,im going to be nice,but when i smell a fish i smell a fish.the guys im working with do a very good job,thats the guys who work with dan and co.imho not many around mate.anyway btw.be asking u fib levels in cable next week.see u there

Many thanks Black Swan, I'll definitely have a read of this as you suggest.

RS :)

Clicking on the link takes me to selling of the book
Does one need to buy the book ?

Bangkokgee,

I am sure Dan will invite him and let him see for real what they do.
I have spent time at the club and found Dan and the other chaps very helpful and the end result will be a glowing recommendation.

Clicking on the link takes me to selling of the book
Does one need to buy the book ?

Bangkokgee,

I am sure Dan will invite him and let him see for real what they do.
I have spent time at the club and found Dan and the other chaps very helpful and the end result will be a glowing recommendation.

They've created something quite special there IMHO...

coco9 has been hanging around all day,without a reply,im going to be nice,but when i smell a fish i smell a fish.the guys im working with do a very good job,thats the guys who work with dan and co.imho not many around mate.anyway btw.be asking u fib levels in cable next week.see u there

I have sent a PM to Danarm when I was advised and I am still waiting.....
BTW What is all that "smell a fish" stuff? Are there things I should know about? war? camps?Enemy?
it's very simple.
I will like it or not.
I have my own strategy now, but it gets me very little, so I want to expand and find a new way.
So far....I know FACTS.....Fact: If I was to watch results and great signals/analysys/PROOF here.......I woun't find any.
I see so many content pple around.....that can only mean that either I am doing something wrong ...or it does not work and they are just "lucky" or promoting.
I need proof....I am not a church god beliver....belive and don't search. If I don't see it it does not exist! Show me and I'll go "ALL IN!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's it.Black or white.

PS: If I am disturbing.....I'll go away!!! No strings attached.

BTW What is all that "smell a fish" stuff? Are there things I should know about? war? camps?Enemy?
it's very simple.
I will like it or not.
I have my own strategy now, but it gets me very little, so I want to expand and find a new way.
So far....I know FACTS.....Fact: If I was to watch results and great signals/analysys/PROOF here.......I woun't find any.
I see so many content pple around.....that can only mean that either I am doing something wrong ...or it does not work and they are just "lucky" or promoting.
I need proof....I am not a church god beliver....belive and don't search. If I don't see it it does not exist! Show me and I'll go "ALL IN!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Coco9

I've been a Club member for about a year now so it will be great to see you in the room and you'll be made very welcome as all new people are. You will be able to see for yourself the calls that Dan and the guys make and as you say, make your own judgement. Just please don't pass judgement on one day's pass! As a group we tend to measure our success by the week or month not from trade to trade, and that's once we understand the strategy.

See you soon and happy pipping.

Last edited:
it's very simple.
I will like it or not.

(y):clap:(y):clap:(y):clap:(y):clap:(y):clap:

Hi Coco9

I've been a Club member for about a year now so it will be great to see you in the room and you'll be made very welcome as all new people are. You will be able to see for yourself the calls that Dan and the guys make and as you say, make your own judgement. Just please don't pass judgement on one day's pass! As a group we tend to measure our success by the week or month not from trade to trade, and that's once we understand the strategy.

See you soon and happy pipping.

Which takes as much time as YOUR OWN PERSONAL learning curve allows.

Hello
Sorry about my english

I was in the trading room last month and I worked all the signals that are called from guys (Dan, Hemal, James,Zak) in the room and I was in the red I finished last month in negative, Hemal has made good trade on Friday but missed last week many trades can specify for example EUR / JPY where stop loss was 100 pips and take profit 30 pips, of course, we lost 100 pips.
I know that they worked well before but now this is a disaster.
There are several guys who trade by themselves and thus cover the losses that were made in the room.
I do not want to say that guys (Dan, Hemal, James,Zak) do not know the Trade, on the contrary they know but it seems to me like they are too frightened and waiting for the confirmation signal, I can say that we missed most of the signal awaiting a better position to enter and do this at the end and we lose . They are good for people who never trade who are beginners.
My conclusion is that they need to do a little more relaxed and to have more trades and not to fear, and finally while we all wait for confirmation of entry signal it pass and it is to ate to get in.If you are bigginer in the forex they are excelent for start in forex, but if you know to trade it is very bad to go there.

I asked the same thing in a PM. No reply so far.

I have no axe to grind here; I have no opinion either way about the thread author, the club, or the method. What little I know of it (It seemed to be a little bit too short term for the style of trading I decided to adopt, so I decided not to pursue it).

I do have a couple of questions though:

Regarding Danarm: The club's website says that it is based in Gibraltar. I notice that Danarm's profile lists him as being in Spain. I realise that people cross the border there in order to go to work, but even so, it might be nice to clarify, especially as the issue of FSA jurisdiction was mentioned. (I have no idea whether the FSA's remit extends to Gibraltar, but clearly Gib is a different kettle of fish to Spain).

Regarding Sc0rpion: The small number of total postings made have all been in this thread, and I wonder why, especially as she is not a fan, clearly. Something slightly odd there.

I asked the same thing in a PM. No reply so far.

I have no axe to grind here; I have no opinion either way about the thread author, the club, or the method. What little I know of it (It seemed to be a little bit too short term for the style of trading I decided to adopt, so I decided not to pursue it).

I do have a couple of questions though:

Regarding Danarm: The club's website says that it is based in Gibraltar. I notice that Danarm's profile lists him as being in Spain. I realise that people cross the border there in order to go to work, but even so, it might be nice to clarify, especially as the issue of FSA jurisdiction was mentioned. (I have no idea whether the FSA's remit extends to Gibraltar, but clearly Gib is a different kettle of fish to Spain).

Regarding Sc0rpion: The small number of total postings made have all been in this thread, and I wonder why, especially as she is not a fan, clearly. Something slightly odd there.

just read the sc0rpion post in my e-mail, yet it's not on 'ere...removed, if so why so?

just read the sc0rpion post in my e-mail, yet it's not on 'ere...removed, if so why so?

Curious. I just did a search on all her posts, and there were only 8. Earlier today there were 9. That last one has gone, but the first one (which she quoted in the last one) is still there. I couldn't find her in a member search (might have been finger trouble on my part), but I can still get to the profile by clicking on the entry in my PM sent mail.

EDIT: ok maybe there is something slightly wrong with member name search: If I type in the whole name (carefully checked the spelling and case) it doesn't come up. If I type just the first 3 characters, I get a list and sc0rpion is about 2nd from the top. Still only 8 posts though; last one mentioned being 4th August 2009.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Apologies for not logging on to this site for a while but been busy with other things...

To clear a few things up… We work in Gibraltar and live in Spain like 95% of the working Gibraltan population. When you have an amazing coast line like Spain then I think all of you would choose to live there instead of Gibraltar.

For me the market has been very challenging in the last 6 to 8 weeks and as you know we have limited our trading in a big way and hardly posted on here. I have been looking more at the 4 hour chart setups but with lack of clear consensus in one direction (except yesterday) I haven’t really been posting that many ideas. We all have our personal view on Indices, currencies and commodities and all we do is give an educated assumption of where we feel the market could move. Of course this depends on market conditions and as I said I have found these conditions tough over the last month or so, as I know a lot of other traders have as well. Is it the summer months?? Maybe..Who know’s…That’s trading and we move forward and look for a profitable last quarter.

We are looking for a little bit of norm back in these markets again, as one day we are flying and the next day the ball park changes again. Try and hold a trade for longer than 24 hours and you tend to get bitten, which is very frustrating for me and others. Zak’s analysis on WTI (Oil) yesterday break of 68.85 was spot on moving over 200 points and one of the few trades that he has managed to hold for over 24 hours. The GBPCHF trade setup looked good early doors but by late afternoon it wasn’t great losing us 45 points. But having the diversity of 4 traders means that you can spot some fantastic setups over 20 odd different pairs.

Posting on here, posting on my members blog, speaking to people daily about ideas etc etc is too much and I need to cut back. I am here to trade and that’s what I have been doing since my early 20’s. I need to get back to the basics of watching these charts again in a simple and effective way. Yes this summer has been difficult to trade compared to last summer (on 4 hr charts) so short term charting seems at the moment the only way to trade and I am adjusting back to that but i dont believe in excuses...

There seems to be so much pressure to trade everyday, even when market conditions are poor that I need to stress again that don’t trade unless you are happy with a certain level and direction of the market.

As everyone keeps telling me, we offer a great starting platform for novice traders. As you know we are an education company, always have been and always will be. If you want to learn our view on how we read the market then great, if not no problem.

We have had a lot of experienced traders come into the member’s area (not because they need to) but because they want to share views and enjoy the club. Novices tend to appreciate the ideas on correlation, money management, psychology etc…It’s up to you and some of you will make great pips and others wont because trading is about money management and that’s where 99% of people go wrong.

If you want a tipping service then we are not the place for you. Let me repeat this… If you want a tipping service then we are not the place for you.If you would like to learn how we look at the market, share ideas and work as a team then great. If not no problem and I wish you all the best for a very successful trading career.

We don’t tie anyone in and for a small monthly charge you can come and go as you like. Some naturally love the Club and appreciate what we do and what ideas we share and others love their own strategy and believe that theirs is better and don’t need our analysis and education which is great.

At the end of the day that is always going to happen as different styles suit different traders but hopefully some of our ideas and education help a few.

What some people have said is laughable and not even worth replying to. I am a busy man and happy to help other like minded people but do understand it won’t suit everyone. I am going back to the old days and going back to basics. Trading can be made so simple but sometimes other factors get in the way. Maybe I need more sleep, so guess kids have to go and dog is put on Ebay! (Only joking and I am not married to Beyonce!) :)

Please email me if you have any questions on [email protected] Happy to chat and above all have a beer if you are keen. My round…

Have a great day and stay happy.
Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.