It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Our patience paid off and the major currencies retraced. My trailing short stop on cable and Euro were hit and I bagged quite a few pips! Its been an awesome week.

I think this is just a brief pull back... there could be more upside to GBP or EUR vs USD. We have non farms tomorrow... it may provide the fuel for any continuation of the upside... who knows..

Erik

Im also a bear on the markets because Im witnessing what such a mess our UK economy is in. Our country has become completely obcessed with what house prices are doing from month to month. Any way enough doom and gloom I am in my little trading bubble and couldnt care less what happens.

I cant help but think that this Wall street has come along way from its bottom @ 6450 in March and its not stopped yet, not until we have had a decent attempt at the 9000 level. I think one more decent push up and we will be there. Maybe a decent NFP number tomorrow will be the fuel it needs!

DR

I don't want to divert Dan's thread, IMHO it's in danger of getting hi-jacked already, so I'll ask this and move on and off the thread. I'm a tad confused as to why late contributors appear to only trade 'one way' according to their fundamental deep seated prejudices. The pips available, (short and long), on for example cable and Euro/USD have been stunning over the past couple of weeks. Given Dan's 'school' is 'indicator trading' why havn't you bears been simply surfing the short term day trends and hoovering up the pips? :confused:

Good Morning All,
Non Farm Payroll today so trading may be limited; however there are a few setups I’m watching for. Yesterday’s rumor the Gordon Brown was stepping down has done little to help maintain the run on Cable. Whilst everything else has retraced cable is still sitting on the lows.
USDCHF:
• Clear triangle on the 15 minute chart all averages are in the correct order except the hourly 20 and 50.
• Looking for a break of 1.0655 for a possible short play or a break of 1.0700 for a long play.
EURUSD
• Looks well supported after pulling back to end yesterday flat on the day.
• A break of the shoulder line at 1.4250 would signal a move back to the previous highs.
• If we see this breaking down through the DP at 1.4150 then it looks as if we will retest the lows.
GBPUSD
• Has failed to make any significant recovery over yesterday afternoon and over night. Sentiment remaining weak.
• A break of yesterday’s lows could signal a move lower although we would prefer to see this pulling back up a bit first.

Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekanters
No comments anymore. Don't like to get caught in your discussions played on the person. Save your energy for bigger problems. I suggest you start your own thread and be master of the universe.

Erik

Quote Black Swan: Good to hear you're going to stay off the thread

Interesting use of the private messaging system there...

Hi Guys and Gals,
Dont often post on the threads as I find it takes too much time but I always spare and few minutes to read through in the evenings. Not sure what has supposedly happen but I feel that both Erik and Black Swan are valuable to this thread, we are here to share ideas and expeirence. In my opinion people always get critised for small things but never get praised for great things so please do keep posting as you add so much value to a truely great thread. The more posts the better...
Hope this is ok
James the Monkey (don't ask)

Pink Monkeys

Hi Guys and Gals,
Dont often post on the threads as I find it takes too much time but I always spare and few minutes to read through in the evenings. Not sure what has supposedly happen but I feel that both Erik and Black Swan are valuable to this thread, we are here to share ideas and expeirence. In my opinion people always get critised for small things but never get praised for great things so please do keep posting as you add so much value to a truely great thread. The more posts the better...
Hope this is ok
James the Monkey (don't ask)

Hi James

Great post.

With this in mind could I just say love the new haircut and pink shirt (but it could do with an iron - the shirt not the hair!)! :) Pssst, can you get that pic of Dan in the room next week as promised? Hope you didn't do it today 'cos I wasn't there.

Thanks

RS

PS I love reading everyone's posts.

"Pink Monkeys"! What the heck has been going on down there in Gib!

RS do you know something we don't? :whistling

Ken

"Pink Monkeys"! What the heck has been going on down there in Gib!

RS do you know something we don't? :whistling

Ken

Hi Ken

:cheesy: Nah, James did a little fashion parade in the room with his hot pink number on. Pouted and everything. Us girlz were hoping... but :(

RS

(PS He's cute, for a monkey with no hair).

FX Pink Monkey

Hi Ken

:cheesy: Nah, James did a little fashion parade in the room with his hot pink number on. Pouted and everything. Us girlz were hoping... but :(

RS

Hi RS & everyone

I was struggling to make any sense of this, but I think I understand now:LOL::
monkey (natural habitat damp cool UK)
this particular one is apparently bald (working with THE FX-P$MP may have caused this)
moves to the rock, where the sun is very very strong
result
One pink monkey :eek:!

Slightly more seriously, please do all keep posting, everyones contribution is appreciated. It doesn't have to be 'purely' on topic, as I am sure, like me, most followers of Dans thread enjoy some light hearted relief from the stress of managing trades all day every now and then!

James

Its good of you to post the notes up on Dans behalf, I guess he may be a little occupied with some other 'little trouble' at the moment!

best to all
Paul

I don't want to divert Dan's thread, IMHO it's in danger of getting hi-jacked already, so I'll ask this and move on and off the thread. I'm a tad confused as to why late contributors appear to only trade 'one way' according to their fundamental deep seated prejudices. The pips available, (short and long), on for example cable and Euro/USD have been stunning over the past couple of weeks. Given Dan's 'school' is 'indicator trading' why havn't you bears been simply surfing the short term day trends and hoovering up the pips? :confused:

Personally speaking ive been long eur/usd all week as I regard the trend as my friend. Dont trade the news so all out for nfp. Might have to review my strategy for next week and join the bears as its looking a bit iffy. Got to agree with you about this thread. Dont know about hijacked but its taken a wrong turn for sure.

Hi Ken

RS

No Way! & I missed it :(

Hey guys, this is a positive, happy thread; good trading-related posts with a bit of friendly banter thrown in. No need to change what ain't broke...

Julie

Oil analysis

Hey all,

I ( and I hope a lot of other people too ) learned a lot in the past few weeks.

Just want to check how good my technical analysis skills are. Here's a analysis of what I think Oil will do. In the attachment is my analysis of oil. Commentary below.

Oil:
Short term: short
Long term: long

1. Sell on the small pullback up the M15 20
( if that happens, otherwise go short on a later pullback )

2. Stop around the previous high ( 69ish ), Yes that would be a 80 pip stop so adjust your volume to that. ( most brokers will allow small lot sizes )

3. Bank some on the way down ( watch out for daily pivot and H1 50 ) and move your stop to break-even.

- Keep part of your position open on the way down.
- Oil might bounce on the trendline or on the H4 20 before going north further. Going long after a 1-2-3 with confirmation after the bounce.

Of course, reversals can always happen, but this is my view on oil at the moment.

Like to hear what you think about my analysis!

Greets,

Henk.

Attachments

• oilanalysis.PNG
    oilanalysis.PNG
    79.8 KB · Views: 192
No Way! & I missed it :(

Hey guys, this is a positive, happy thread; good trading-related posts with a bit of friendly banter thrown in. No need to change what ain't broke...

Julie

Absolutely , nothing wrong with some light hearted banter to pass the trading day along. But the odd trade related issue has to be addressed surely. It didn’t take Jessie Livermore to realize that the dollar wasn’t having its greatest week in history and someone made this point in a post. The reply was odd to say the least and one of the related posts seems to have gone missing. Sometimes it´s better to give an objective answer, otherwise it can be taken as obfuscation.

Good morning people...

Trust you are all well and had an enjoyable weekend.

I see some friendly banter has been posted on my thread. I totally agree with what James has said.

Personally i am happy for anyone to post on here as long as it is positive. I dont surround myself by any negativity and if anyone wants to critisise others, or me, or trades or views or anything then please go elsewhere. There are some great people on this thread and in the room and i would like to continue with this positivity. A view is a view and a trade is a trade. We cannot be right all the time and no one should be shot down for trying...

Enough of that..Happy bubble for me and for eveyone else who wants to remain on this thread.

D

Last edited:
A very good morning by the Monkey...

Lots of pips available. A very solid EURUSD trade.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.