It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Mr & Mrs Armitage!!!!

I'm (and I know many others) are very pleased for you. I'll be having a pint tonight in the name of Thomas.

Brett

Evening all

Thomas William George Armitage was born at 5.45pm this evening and weighed in at 9lbs.

Mother and baby Tom are doing very well and Dad is dancing with joy.

Happy days :)

D

Lovely news. Congratulations to you and your family.

Happy

:clover: Congratulations Dan and have a wonderfull time. :clover:

:DKeep on dancing and regards to your wife and the rest of the family:D

Erik & Amanda

Hi

Thank you all for your kind words. It really means a lot and especially that i havent even met most of you.

For those in the Uk i will be having a drinks party in August and would love to meet up and put names to faces.

Again apprectiate your kind words. Tom is feeding very well and looks like a rugby player already.

A great victory for the Lions and cant wait for the Test matches.

Will be back in the room vv soon and hear James is doing very well... Great to see so many pips made this week so far.

Cheers
D

Last edited:
Congratulations Dan, and to your wife! Good to hear all is well :D !

Have a good Mint Aero, give the wife some new shoes and hope Thomas will grow up just as well as you did :).

Greets,

Henk.

Congratulations--hope all is well--you really didn`t need to name him after me but I am honoured nonetheless :cheesy:

Congratulations

Well done to Mrs Dan on handling the big baby as well ! 9 Lbs - if not a rugby lad, defintely should a fast bowler :clap:

Congratulations Dan, that's fantastic news! But don't rush back to the fx500club, take your time- I know how tough those first few days are (well months really!)- it's important to look after mum and baby, and James and Zak are doing a great job in your absence.

All the best,
Carl

Congrats Dan,

looks like he is going to be a mould of his Father
Give regards to Wife and have a very hapy future ya all

Paul

Good Morning all
Hope everyone is well, this morning will be a test of patience as most of the moves have happened through asia leaving us very few setups.

However I will be watching EURGBP, USDCAD and EURJPY this morning.

EURGBP
Looks Set to fall further
At the moment would require a 15 pips stop but a break of the support shown my chart around the 45 level will be key.

USDCAD
Formed a perfect head and shoulders and we will be looking for a move down to the neckline at 1.0935

EURJPY
I already have a small position but we will try to get another.

Gbpusd

Hi All

Two lovely trades on Cable today, both with the trend, both as the 5ma popped through the 20ma on the 15m chart with the CCI21 crossing 0.0.

First trade at 9.30am UK opened at 1.6433 and banking at my first TP target at 1.6458 (+25) and again at 1.6483 (+50) and finally closing at 1.6449 (+16) using 5m chart.

Second trade at 2.15pm opened at 1.6458 again with TP at 1.6483 (+25) and 1.6508 (+50) with final close at 5.05pm at 1.6548 (+90) with the price stalled for the last 40mins.

All in all a great day with two lovely trades!

Hope you all got some pips too.

RS

Evening all

Something really hit me today...

The best sportsmen always make their game look easy. Look how Jonny Wilkinson played for England at the age of 18. He wasnt flash but purely did the simple things well.

I was always taught from a very early age that if i did the basics well, the results would take care of themselves. Oh how right they were..

In trading once you chase the market you will always lose. Work with it and it will be your friend for life...

Oh boy do i feel revitalised and fresh after a few days rest with the family. I am going to come back (very soon) and start ripping up those piparoonies with you all. Infact i cant wait...

Mother and baby should be home tomorrow..Happy days!!

Cheers
D

PS This has also taught me how important it is to have a few days away from the charts...

"PS This has also taught me how important it is to have a few days away from the charts... "

So true Dan. I'm taking a few days off right now and will be ready for battle next week. Regards to Mrs Dan and Thomas.

Ken

Evening all,

Have a look at Natural Gas “ NG_CONT” - I reckon she is going to pop next week. Only caveat is its triple witching next Friday which might see a price drop.

Now back to bed – sick as a pig this week. :cry:

Moose.

Mellow...

Hi Guys

Hope all's good with you and you all had a great weekend. Where are all the regulars? - been missing you!

I know Dan likes to compare successful trading with sporting excellence in e.g. rugby and cricket, so I thought I'd bring another sport into the fold and share with you a little epiphany I had over the weekend while surfing...

If you ever get a chance, watch a good longboard surfer. They can't control the wind, the swell or the waves but they make it look so easy and chilled. They don't fight it, they just choose which wave to take, at what stage to pick it up and when to get out, and manage the whole ride with the minimum of effort...

I must be the most boring "trader" in the world, most of my trades are Cable break-outs with the trend during the London Open, but as long as I'm making my pips and my money each week, I'm happy. And most importantly, my mornings are stress-free and finished way before 0900hrs.

Wouldn't suit everyone granted, you adrenalin junkies and black-run skiers out there would get bored rigid :D I'm more of a blue-run kinda gal, and not ashamed to admit it.

So thanks Dan, Zak and James for helping me find my "trading style", soul surfer all the way!

Happy trading everyone and here's to keeping the trading mellow...

Ultra-chilled Julie (without even smoking anything ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.