It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There goes my cable order! Not in front of the charts today as at work but hope to have some nice news when I get home...

Also, hoping usdjpy breaks .12 as am still in short

Right, other stuff beckons, completely non-trading related ;)

Catch you all later

Julie

To confirm we are short from 1.5090 and banked at 1.5070 and 1.5065.. Still holding balance. Its not moving aggressively down as DOW is holding 50 so being cautious. Will let u know when i close balance.

Closed balance of USDCAD for breakeven as well as the 25% stake left on CABLE long at 1.5110

D

Ok DOW playing silly buggers with me...

To confirm all out CABLE at 10...DOW playing games..Think DOW could open higher and drag this up a little then i will look to short again on the head and shoulders...The right shoulder hasnt formed properly yet. Made a few pips but being sensible...

Wrong time of day for entry ahead of news.

D

Last edited:
Nice trade UsdJpy Julie! I didn't hold long enough... in fact not nearly long enough!

Wot a beauty - these really are the ones to wait for arent they... requires patience, but well worth it

Mike

There goes my cable order! Not in front of the charts today as at work but hope to have some nice news when I get home...

Also, hoping usdjpy breaks .12 as am still in short

Right, other stuff beckons, completely non-trading related ;)

Catch you all later

Julie

Yes stop in UJ long term play is at 96.10 for moi...I am following Julie.

D

Weak USD for now so CABLE not falling...They r both as weak as each other.

Mmmmmm

Patience me thinks! Want to bang it short again so badly!!!

D

Nice trade UsdJpy Julie! I didn't hold long enough... in fact not nearly long enough!

Wot a beauty - these really are the ones to wait for arent they... requires patience, but well worth it

Mike

ha ha Mike, I wish!!!

Was short from MP on Monday and how I wish I had held onto it from then :rolleyes: next time eh?...

In reality I have entered and exited a few times banking a very modest 30-50 pips each time, still holding a bit from yesterday though, looking for that push lower.

You're right, it is a beauty, golden cross on 15m, then silver on hourly then golden on hourly, holding DPs (nearly) all the way down, text-book stuff, the sort of trade I dream about ha ha :)

Happy to have got some pips out of it though and as account and confidence grows will no doubt hold onto these trades for longer. There'll be plenty more to come no doubt.

Have a good one

:)

Until this afternoons US retail sales numbers there were more greenshoots shouts than at Kew Gardens in the Spring. To use an oldexpression the latest piece of data put the skids up the market alittle, with bears once again growling and bulls talking of anomaliesand lagging data. You know my thoughts, all I can tell you is that mygut feel is that the street is long risk and reliant on customers to buyotherwise to coin an Alex Ferguson phrase it could be "squeaky bumtime"! Tonight should be a decent test as to where we are, ie just ablip or an inflection point. The safe money is that this is just a blipas there is still more money heading its way towards risky markets.Flow across the desk today was still biased to the buy side however I amhearing of widening and cash selling in the world of high grade and thatis usually a good forward indicator for our markets.

Mr P......

cable

Well, cable didn't bomb as I'd hoped, order got kicked in at 15090. It was my first time trying out IG's trailing stops so only -10 pips on that trade. Often on these breakouts the price shoots away and I like the idea of trailing stops for when I'm offline, gives a bit of security for when the price bounces back like today. Shame I wasn't around to bank 20-odd pips, never mind can't have everything!

That's the dilemna of not wanting to miss out on the big moves outside the London Open. Orders are great for getting good entries a lot of the time but it doesn't always work out...

Will have another look later tonight, but otherwise catch you all in the morning.

:)

P.S. Shame nowhere seems to allow you to attach trailing stops to orders. The order has to be filled before you can trail the stop. Orders with trailing stops for major breakouts, now that would be a great option... (y)

Taken a small position in CABLE at 1.5200... Its only small as i am still a little unsure with the USD but reversal pattern has tempted me.

D

Hi Dan and the gang,

not posted here before Dan and have been meaning to for ages.

I am in the fx500club and fxmonkeyschool and loving it. It has transformed my trading thanks.

Tonight I was just messing about online and realised I had forgotten to play Zaks yen video, what a sweet EUR/YEN trade long through the the daily pivot and upto the monthly pivot, then short off it again.

I got in at 130.03 took it up to 130.85 then reversed it and took it short away from the mp.

Happy days, the minty aeros are on me lol.

See you tomorrow.

Darryl

Good morning

I can't sleep...Keep thinking of GBP.

It looks a perfect setup but the USD is weak and i wonder how much energy it has to push lower.

I am short from 1.5200 and 1.5240 with stop at 1.5260. Needs to break back below 1.5200 for any real chance.

Lets see what this morning brings.

D

Oh yeah i closed my USDJPY position yesterday afternoon on the break of the 60min 50ma at 95.70...

That locks in 200 pips from open to close and will look for another re entry when it is offered.

D

Cable chart below...Its a funny market with the USD so confused.

Lets see how this turns out. Its limited risk with a stop above 1st resistance.

D

Attachments

• cablet2w.gif
    cablet2w.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.