It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Ikea wasn't too bad...

The good news is USDJPY has paid for the IKEA experience.

Looking to bank on the way down and sell on the retracements. This could go another 400 pips as explained.

See u tom.

D

Hi

The monkey told me you guys had fun this afternoon...Lots of JPY buying against the weaker currencies. Good work team.

I hear the email alert for banking 50% in USDJPY at this triangle and fib level went down well.

The new format is coming together after trial and error in the first few months as a team. We can only get better from here.

Happy Dan
:)

Daily overview

Hi guys,

Just a daily overview on the charts with some common indicators.

Erik

Attachments

• daily overview.jpg
    daily overview.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 204
Good morning

Again a lot will depend on the stock market today. Wall Street, Dax, FTSE look overbought but still holding up well. This will keep our wonderful GBP and EUR small supported for now until they weaken. The question is will they drop today or at the end of the week. We believe the market is small short of the indices and therefore could see a squeeze before a sell off, so we need to be careful in shorting our currencies.

CABLE
• Hard to trade at this level for me…
• It’s a bid market for now, gaps are too wide to downside so best to leave alone for now.
• When Indices go yes I will look to short.
• Yesterdays high is 1.5351 if this pops up to the 40 region then yes we could look for a small short with stop the other side of WR1 at 1.5360

EURUSD looks toppy up here. Safest is to wait for 13690-13700 to go short. I see the stop at 16732

EURJPY short from 13238 stop 13270 -1st target eurjpy is 13165

USDCAD short 11580-11595 stop 11615-20 area Target 11555

Argh missed most of the morning as had to go to hospital with the misses.

CABLE has fallen as expected...That was an expensive visit to the hospital..Huff :(

EURJPY short from 132.34 to 131.65
EURUSD short from 136.90 to 136.80 (Anders is still short)
USDCAD short from 115.82, target not hit at 55 so stopped out at 115.90.

Annoyed i missed so much...

Baby is looming!!!

D

Last edited:
BTW, my first day trading in the live room and had a lot of fun.
I shorted Eur JPY 4 times and USD CAD 3 times. Made about 200 pips. Only bad point I shorted cable too early and was stopped out.
Can't wait for tomorrow

I hope all goes well for the Missus and baby. Not gonna be easy on you, but you did the crime so you'll have to do the time..:cheesy: Or part of it at least.

BTW, my first day trading in the live room and had a lot of fun.
I shorted Eur JPY 4 times and USD CAD 3 times. Made about 200 pips. Only bad point I shorted cable too early and was stopped out.
Can't wait for tomorrow

What's this live room?

Can anyone go in it?

Amanzingly unlucky day for me,

missed EU because I was sleeping, missed EJ because I was...ehm in the bathroom and the announcement arrive very close to the price and then took the USDCAD for a 40 pips full stake loss. (full stake becase there was a golden cross on 1h, and price was below 20 ma.

Week turned red, very unlucky but lesson learned, not ready to trade that crazy cross named USDCAD and keep your laptop with you...everwhere!!

all the best for the little pippers Dan

see you tom
davide

Evening all

Ok been to hospital twice and vets once. Don't ask me who went where!!!

Still short UJ and sold DJ from the maternity ward, so reasonably happy.

Been one of those days but pips have been flowing in...

23 days officially till due date but think the little one is nearly ready.

See u tom.

D

Evening all

Ok been to hospital twice and vets once. Don't ask me who went where!!!

its sooooo obvious... hmm .. any thoughts about changing your avatar... :)

Still short UJ and sold DJ from the maternity ward, so reasonably happy.

Been one of those days but pips have been flowing in...

good to hear that!

23 days officially till due date but think the little one is nearly ready.

Good luck Dan.. all the best!!!

Hi Guys

Watch Head and Shoulders on this CABLE...

D

Attachments

• cablet2w.gif
    cablet2w.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 150
Good morning

Indices fell as expected yesterday with GBP and EUR crosses. Expecting a small pullback (potentially) first thing this am on the Indices before further falls.

CABLE
• Head and Shoulders pattern forming with neckline around 1.5100.
• We have put an order in at 1.5090 looking for a break lower
• We are boxed between the 4hr 20ma and 4hr 50ma and will need to wait for the break.
• There is a chance that this could rally initially up to the 1hr 50ma before testing the neckline.
• No long play (right shoulder) unless Indices show solid strength and we get a 123 with support off the 1.5200 level.
• If we see a squeeze up to the 1.5200 region in CABLE we will look for the trend reversal with a stop above the left shoulder at 1.5260

EURUSD

After yesterdays moves, we need some caution. The markets probably will be range bound here. Let see whats coming our way.EURUSD: Might be a short at 13600-10, with a stop above 13660. But the much safer play would be furter north at 13650 area and a 13710 pips stop. So I will be waiting for the market to unfold here. I don't trade full stakes here and the wider stop makes it dangerous... I ll be looking for other setups as well. CheersEURJPY same story, Levels will come. So lets be careful and patient and maybe we get greater setups thx

Do think as Dan also sais, we will see a short squeeze (meaning a little run north) so a retracement on the big mooves from y day. But I won't be on them

Hi

A range bound day to be honest...

We are looking at CABLE and EURUSD on 4hr charts...Head & Shoulders!!!

Lost on USDJPY from 95.75 and stopped out at 95.40 (Small scalp)
Made a few on CABLE from 1.5110 to 1.5125 & 1.5145 (Still holding part)
Shorted USDCAD from 1.1745 and banked part at 1.1712 (Still holding part)

Waiting for H & S for main trades..Still short UJ in longer term book and will use the 60min 50ma as a rolling stoploss.

Cheers
D

Status
Not open for further replies.