It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all

Sorry struggling for time today...Will be discussing the live analysis in our chat room.

Cheers
D

Hi all

Not a bad morning in the live chat...

167 pips this london open, making a total of 784 pips this week. Remember this is only for the morning sessions. The US market has been very profitable this week with perfect breakout plays.

Short GOLD @ Average 730.00 - Banked at 723.50, 725.0, 725.5 (Average 53.5 Pips)

Short CABLE @ 1.6158 - Banked at 1.6115 (43 Pips)

Short CABLE @ 1.6190 - Banked at 1.6176, 1.6165, 1.6130 (Average 33 Pips)

Short DOW @ 9075 - Banked at 9065 & 9050 (Average 37.5 Pips)

Dan

Dan .... what a great thread. I have just read through 542 posts and have seldom seen so much enthusiasm and lack of negetivity. I have been trading a similar set up for just over a year with the same moving averages but with different CCI settings and timeframes yet still doing very well. My timeframes have been 5,3 & 1min with CCI 34 and 60 and 120. I also watch TEMA 34 period m/a with different UP and DOWN colours. I trade the ftse open every day without fail, look for it to reverse at around 8:30 and after that move onto forex. I usually pack up around 12:00 - 13:00. I set my exits differently though. I take half profit using a break through the CCI 60 chart trend line and the other half when CCI 34 crosses back over the zero line or the price breaks the 20m/a. It has worked very well for me until now. I have even experimented and come out on top by doing this with the bar chart hidden and only the CCI's visible (not recommeded). Hope to join you in your chat room.

Last edited:
Morning all

Big week with election, ISM and NFP in the States.

UK will also cut at least 0.5 BPS so we are going to see a big move in GBPUSD...The question is which way... The market is not following fundamentals and its all about risk at present.The US $ lost 5% on the CAD and 7% on the AUD last week.

CABLE and EURUSD looked weak last week but Asia have kept it higher and they look bid this morning. If CABLE breaks below the 1.6000 you know what to do later in the week. Be aware of any double top at the 1.6650 level.

I am looking forward to this week and i´ll speak to you all in the chat room....

D

PS I will answer private messages after the london open,.

Messy morning...

Been flat as dont like to sell into support.

Will wait for US open.

D

Ok GBP and EUR broken support...

Big afternoon ahead i feel.

Oil look sgd to retest lows as well.

D

Looking at a 15min and 5min...I have my longer term ma´s on my smaller time frames.

D

I have been off the ball today... Infact sharp as a beach ball!!!

Read everything perfectly and everytime the phone went the breakout happened.

Concentrate Dan!!!!! Huff!!!! It doesnt get easier!!!

D

Election fever... Sorry i will keep this up to date.

I ran out of time this morning.

See u tom.

D

Well the market rallied predictably last night with the Dow up over 300 pips.

Its a new beginning, lets hope confidence resumes and we can start building again. Figures are still appalling with manufaturing activity at its lowest but hopefully the States can grind this out and move forward.

Everything rallied yesterday so the pullbacks are on...

OIL prices moved up on threat of OPEC cut and has now broken out of the upside of the 4hr triangle.

GOLD is boxed in just above the pivot. If it can hold support here look for a push higher. The 123 could work well here.

EURUSD has a strong resistance at this level. If it can break and hold the support look for the bounce. A potential 123 play!!!

It will be interesting to see where the USD moves today. Will we continue our moves lower or is there going to be a rally for a weak USD.

CAble is moving lower and has a key resistance line on teh 15min chart. Watch play off this...

Ok speak later. Need to get into chat room.
Dan

Morning all

EUR and CABLE rallied strongly yesterday afternoon with weak US figures but we come in this morning and see them back down again and broken their key support levels.

At the moment i am looking for the downside to be tested but i need EUR to break the Weeklpy pivot before i get excited. Cable looks attractive now but going to wait for triggers and potential break of the figure at 1.28000.

Gold is hoveringa round the WP as well but looks weak with teh 60min 20ma just above. If teh short term ma´s match up and the trigger comes in i will be looking for a short..

Oil looks all set for testing the WS1 so keep an eye. Havent traded OIL for a while but i might get teased into this. Lets see how it performs in an hour.

Speak later
D

PS Great to see so many of you making good pips. Been quiet for me this week in the mornings but makig good pips around the late morning and afternoons which is nice.

I forgot to say its Interest Rate day...Could be a little unpredictable so be careful...

What a move in GBP. 200 pips down then 300 back up.

Made 125 on the way down and lost 75 on the way up.

Got greedy and lost out on what should have been a great trade. Huff!!!

D

Morning all

Well its been an interesting week and i have been off form to be honest. It happens and you cant win them all.

Only up small this week. Stayed out of the good trades, closed early on any ones i did take and got hit on a few bad ones. Frustrating but that is trading. I learn, dust myself off and move on. When markets consolidate they are often hard to trade as you are always trading into MA´s and pivots...Huff!!!

I promise to post more but feel free to come in the live chat. Very friendly banter and everyone trading off the same strategy now. Ask for teh template once in there and enjoy the fun.

Enjoy the weekend. Off to see the lovely wife.

Speak monday.

D

i like to know which broker platform you are using and which you can recommend

i have an horrible experience with my brokers trading platfor where i could not close my order after making some pips profit

Trust all are well...Wanted to introduce myself as i will be posting here on a daily basis and will be discussing usdchf, eurusd, gbpusd, usdjpy, gold and oil.

Hopefully i can give u a good insight into how i trade and how i make my pips.

I will be discussing money management a lot, as so many traders fail in this area.

I will be looking at these markets at around 6.45am and will post a few words of wisdom and will be posting a few ideas when and where i see them...I made 180 ish pips to day so a happy weekend ahead...

I do not trade all the time and probably max 3 hours per morning. My average pips each day (depending on market conditions) is around 50 -100 pips and has been for a while now.

I do this full time for a living, after a career in banking and left london to live in the sun 6 months ago.

I do hope i get some good characters on this thread and hopefully have a little fun.

I will try and answer questions as quickly as possible but please take it easy, as i refuse to look at charts all day...

Speak to you on monday.

D[/QUOTE]

You are not alone!

Hi Dan

I haven't posted for a while (as a little notice from T2W at the top of my screen has very kindly informed me) :cool:.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your posts, I for one am still reading and learning and digesting what you have to say and I didn't want you to think you are talking to yourself all the time (that's the first sign of madness I keep telling myself).

Anyway, thanks again and I am looking forward to dipping my toes into the chat room on Friday.

See you then.

RS

Last edited:
FxReal...

I'm confused...Are u asking me a question re brokers?

You have copy and pasted an old post!

D

Last edited:
Longer time-frames

Hi Dan

Wow, you pack it all in to your weekends don't you!

That was a wicked little flick over the head of that Pacific Islander to Sackey to give him that try under the posts - D Armitage, that's you isn't it? I knew you were a rugby boy but didn't know you played for England in your spare time. Cool :).

Anyway, I've got a question please.

I have always like the 15m and 60m charts, but can't trade them at the moment 'cos I'm not here. Should I look at longer time-frames, something I could just check twice a day, morning and evening? Hmmm, not sure as it would mean stepping out of my comfort zone, I like to watch my trades, but then again it's something I would like to look at later on, and I like the 4hr charts.

Is it just a case of being comfortable setting a bigger stop loss and also being comfortable placing a trade and walking away (and not suffering from apoplexy all day at work), or is there a whole lot more to it than that?

As always your words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

RS

Morning all

Trust you all had a good weekend...

Asia has bought into GBP and EUR this am but if these two currencies can hold their strong resistance levels, a push lower should be on the cards this week.

CABLE will always have support in the 50s but after such an aggressive move to the low 1.50s i feel the market will want to attack it again and soon test the 40s. As we speak the 60min 20ma has been broken on the downside and it could be gearing up. Lets see...If teh stoch and trigger come back into play i will be looking to short it.

It was very messy last week and i would like to see some trending markets again soon..

Enjoy.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.