It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun and games

Hi guys,

Ok I admit it, yesterday was fun and games and pips all over the place but today I had to find myself back. On top of that I wanted to trade the news and because of that missed a wonderfull trade up in eurjpy. After going south where I could recover myself I had to trade again and that was not such a good Idea.

Price action is flat and wall street is upper the pup again. I don't feel comfortable with that because those banks need some billions more. But what the heck the crisis has vanished overnight and Bernanke said to a question if it was true that the taxpayers have to raise 1.6 trillon dollar according to the IMF. No it will not cost a dime. Nothing to worry about was his answer. Now I have seen a lot of liers in my life but Bernanke steels the show.

Keep those printing presses roling M8.

Greetz,

Erik

Good morning

Stress Test is out later today, Interest Rates for GBP at 12pm and EUR at 12.45pm...

It is best to be on the defensive today as trends are difficult to read. Below are a few ideas to look out for but lets analyse the market at the time.

CABLE
• Major resistance at 1.5160.
• Potential double top play with stop at 70 if we can get a 45 bid for a 25 pip risk.
• GBPCHF looks heavy as well around the WR2 level at 1.7200

EURUSD
• Very messy with heavy resistance around the 1.3300/1.3325 level.
• Look for long plays if we see a break above 1.3325 with a 123 bouncing off the 4hr 20ma with stop below 1.3290
• Otherwise look for double bottom on MP at 1.3240/45 with stop at 20.

USDJPY
• Boxed between heavy resistance at 98.80 and support at 98.40.
• Lets wait for break and 123s for confirmation of trend.

Verdict
• Tough week so far and today isn’t any different.
• Market will be very jumpy ahead of IR so only tight plays (eg 25/30 pips) with reduced stakes.

Yes, this week has been a funny one so far, no trades at all for me apart from 20 pips in cable this morning. It could end up being a one-trade week unless something very tasty presents itself in the next 2 days.

Looking forward to getting stuck in tomorrow, although no pressure like you said. Don't mind a lean week every now and again, and in these markets capital-preservation has got to be a much more attractive option than losing pips just for the sake of being in a trade...

Ah good thought it was just me-I trade longer term-have had some nice moves today on eur/jpy and usd/chf (overnight UK time-order filled+exited at profit). Days like yesterday make me think I'm doing something wrong but it would appear not-phew! Nice one on the 20 pips(y)

Hi

Watch CABLE over ASIA for the pullback. I am short part and will add through break of support.

Must run.

D

Attachments

• cablet2w.gif
    cablet2w.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 205
Hi

Watch CABLE over ASIA for the pullback. I am short part and will add through break of support.

Must run.

D

thx dan I hope to see a decent pullback to 60m20 to sell. perfect analysis today on cable!

p.s.
longed UJ after triplebottom right over 60m20 + 20 and stops at be because of stresstest

First decent trade this week , took cable just before the break of ds1, never really looked like it wanted to retrace , so held full stake (naughty I know ), closed at 1.4950 for 78 pips. Waiting for retrace. Back at 15000 as I type.

Good morning

Well I have finally pulled my week together…Traded CABLE 3 times last night.
Short 1.5040 – Banked 1.4955
Short 1.5010 – Banked 1.4955
Short 1.5040 – Still short and stop at 1.5065

CABLE
• I am short and looking for resistance to hold at 1.5050.
• For those that are not, look to short around the 1.5030/40 with stop at 1.5065
• In triangle and looking for support to break around 1.4975.
• 1.4940 will be key level to break (yesterdays low)
• Unsure on how markets will play after Stress Test and purely working off a resistance level at 1.4950

EURUSD
13410 is the lowest level to short eur. small stake stop at 13445
eurjpy is a double top get it around 13340, stop 25 pips
eurjpy first target would be 13300
eurusd short here at 13420+stop 13455 and target 13380.

Hi

Overall a tough week technically...Many backed away from trading due to Non farm, Interest rate in UK and Europe and of course the Stress test.

My only major trade was the CABLE yesterday. Shorted 3 times and decided to cut last part at 70 as didnt want to lose much on the balance. That made me 80% of my P & L for the week. Otherwise its been very slow and tehcnically difficult.

Today saw me close out of CABLE but some good pips made on EURJPY and EURUSD by the pro trader Anders. Double tops and some great entries and exit plays.

From next week i will email all members my longer term setups so that u dont miss them. Eg like i posted on here last night with my CABLE trade.

As you all know u only need 1 great trade to make 80% of your P & L and the other small plays or 25 pips here and there should be only a fraction to what you should make per week.

Looking forward to better setups next week and some swing trades again.

See u then.

D

yesterday night I was out with friends, once back home (mostly drunk) I saw the set-up and shorted cable at the 4h20 and went to bed.

I have an expert which put stop at be after a certain amount of pips made. I break-evened, the price went 70 pips in my favour and then turned back and pulled me out.

I didn't set a take profit, I was too drunk probably.:rolleyes:

davide

p.s.
fair better Mr Slow Motion UJ +40 pips right now and gently sleeping :sleep:

yesterday night I was out with friends, once back home (mostly drunk) I saw the set-up and shorted cable at the 4h20 and went to bed.

I have an expert which put stop at be after a certain amount of pips made. I break-evened, the price went 70 pips in my favour and then turned back and pulled me out.

I didn't set a take profit, I was too drunk probably.:rolleyes:

davide

p.s.
fair better Mr Slow Motion UJ +40 pips right now and gently sleeping :sleep:

Hi Davide

Too drunk hey??? Use to happen to me but banned myself from drinking too much during the week. U still owe me that beer but guess i have to fly to Italy to receive it!

Have a good one...Wont be staying here late today.

Next week will be better for sure. I will nail 2 to 3 big trades for sure.

See u then.

D

Hi

Ok end of a tough week for me...GBP the only decent trade last night.

I need the market to play ball or otherwise it makes my life difficult.

Lets see what next week brings. Where are those swing trades...? Bring them to me baby!!!

See u monday.

D

How glade am I this week is over?!!!! -43 pips on the week, which considering how bad this week has been isn't too bad. Someone of my experience (or lack of) probably should have just sat on their hands for the whole week but that's very difficult.

I've learnt a lot this week. My entires have shown an improvement which has pleased me cos I was getting a bit concerned about that. All in all, to learn what I've learnt this week at the very low price of -43 makes it not a bad week at all. It's down to me to make those lessons count.

Can't wait for Monday morning and hearing what The Cable Master (Dan) and Anders have to say.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Brett

Hi

Well, well, well...It all kicks off Friday evening!

I honestly admit i did not see this happening. I was expecting a pullback to 1.4850 tonight before a big bull run next tuesday, wednesday... I have spoken to some pretty clued up guys and they will be going home with their tails between their legs with some very wrong positions. Some pretty big traders shorting EURUSD at 1.3300 and 1.3400 level will be hurting.

I am happy to be flat and re assess the market on monday morning.

Tough week after Interest Rates, Non Farm & Stress Test. Lets get some calm back into the market and make controlled trades next week.

Enjoy
D

Last edited:
Agreed, sat there all day pretty much twiddling my thumbs staying out of trouble,gave up for the week had a BBQ, logged in just now and saw that it all kicked off this evening...oh well.

Didn't cost me anything, just lots of "coulda woulda shoulda".

Hopefully back to a bit of trend next week.

Hasta Lunes.

PS Just found this thread Dan, good to read someone else's point of view and see that not everyone's (apparently) having it off every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.