It is all a Fugazsy

Hi M

No my words mate, there are from a book I just ordered for myself for Christmas:

https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Psychology-Experience-Perennial-Classics/dp/0061339202

I thought the extract was very much relevant for trading.

I am very well aware of the flow, being meditating for years and practicing yoga, for me is that moment when I do not let myself follow the unceasing stream of thoughts and follow my essence instead.

But you do not need to have many years of experience in meditating to do that, anyone can do it at anytime, what is required is to have the will to have a look...

Poetry my Italian friend. Not for one minute am I in doubt it didn't come out of your head.
I'll look into the book.

Not sure if you know about Eckhart Tolle, it was a link sent over by Darktone ages ago, really cool guy is our Eckhart, very insightful, funny too.

You never fail to surprise sometimes mate, better than much of the....errrr....words of wisdom peddled around these ere' parts !

Thanks for the link mate.

Yes I do, that book is always around.....another gem.

Another book I suggest:

https://www.thehappinesstrap.com/upimages/The_Happiness_Trap_-_Introduction_and_Chapter_one.pdf

It well describes the essential difference between the thinking self and the observing self.

also:
https://www.amazon.com/Wherever-You-Go-There-Are/dp/1401307787
this is also a gem and light, there is a lot of Zen in it.

Those books are always around in my house and I always go back when I need.

Yes absolutely.

Problem is trading is very addictive and traders cannot resist waiting for the best setups, they need to get involved at every move otherwise they get bored.....well we are against the best in the field if we cannot wait we will lose.

I am glad you find it useful.

spot on.

I think that's why most traders lose (including myself). it's not only feelings of boredom that force trades, but the feeling that you are not a good trader unless you are constantly taking trades, or that you are wasting time watching charts all day and not taking trades, when the reality is you could be in a choppy market for the time being and if you waited long enough glorious opportunity could be around the corner!

spot on.

I think that's why most traders lose (including myself). it's not only feelings of boredom that force trades, but the feeling that you are not a good trader unless you are constantly taking trades, or that you are wasting time watching charts all day and not taking trades, when the reality is you could be in a choppy market for the time being and if you waited long enough glorious opportunity could be around the corner!

Yes.

Knowing what we are doing wrong is a good step forward but it will not be enough.

We all have certain personal trait ingrained in our conscious and unconscious level which can be not effective in our pursuit in becoming a decent trader and we need to rectify them and bring them to an optimal level.

Markets are not generous all the time. Trying to get blood out of a stone is not a prerogative of a good trader is only an attribute of a compulsive trader. A good trader knows he is against the best and he prepares himself, he create himself, he is constantly looking to improve himself and his style, he knows he knows little and studies not only the market but more importantly himself, which is f@cking fascinating.

oil, she is at resistance but in a strong bull, momentum coming up to it is too strong. Yen is clearly weak and has been for a while.

Said that there is a strong reversal at it after a fail final flag.

"Quando il topo non arriva al formaggio dice che non e' buono"

"When the mouse cannot get to the cheese says it is not good enough"

resistance has rejected prices, not much but enough, prices are getting to the previous month high....I do not trade oil but I analyze it with gold and dollar, gives me a sense of what is going on...

Attachments

• oil.png
    oil.png
    19 KB · Views: 190
Gold: daily and 240m

Attachments

• gold daily.png
    gold daily.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 130
  • gold 240.png
    gold 240.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 192
dollar, still in the parameters, bulls looking for better prices, bears are cautious rightly, there are no strong signals to go short...

Market movers are waiting, important week this week (news), than the 4th referendum in Italy ....

Last week was already slow for my liking, but patience is a must....let them move first, if the do not move go fishing...

dollar index

Attachments

• dollar.png
    dollar.png
    21 KB · Views: 199
Yes I do, that book is always around.....another gem.

Another book I suggest:

https://www.thehappinesstrap.com/upimages/The_Happiness_Trap_-_Introduction_and_Chapter_one.pdf

It well describes the essential difference between the thinking self and the observing self.

also:
https://www.amazon.com/Wherever-You-Go-There-Are/dp/1401307787
this is also a gem and light, there is a lot of Zen in it.

Those books are always around in my house and I always go back when I need.

ive been trying to did out a book that i read ages ago.it was by a scientist who studied people and found out what made them happy.it boiled down to simple things like having a good family and enjoying sports etc.nothing too deep or serious.ill keep looking

four trades today, left some money on the plate but is not the point, following my plan keeps me healthy, beside I am well aware I cannot catch all the moves to the spot.....

EJ 0.4 pips,
NU -2.4 pips, -0.1%
GN 45.6 pips, 1.2%
GC 111.2 pips, 3.8%

Attachments

• gc.png
    gc.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 180
  • gn.png
    gn.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 199
  • nu.png
    nu.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 195
  • ej.png
    ej.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 120
two trades today:

NZDCHF, +1 pip. I got out because she was not moving enough and and she end up in a range (in rage sell high, by low), as soon as she got high I covered. Normally they should work quickly if they do not then it is better to get out.

EURCAD +51 pips, 2.5%, she might very well go further but is late here and Friday......

14.8 % this week.

I think I am going to stop doing this, I wanted to give you guys as much as information as possible but I do not need it to be honest, at times showing my trades can have an effect on my performance. Mr ego will come to town and I need to keep him quite.....

Market is fluid and I need to be like dancing water. I dance better when I know nobody is watching. Only me.

I will still be posting other insights and nonsense as usual but not my trades.

Have a great WE because I will....:devilish:

Attachments

• nc.png
    nc.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 190
  • ec.png
    ec.png
    47 KB · Views: 191
cadjen

strong bull.

In a strong bull bears continually fuel the momentum by covering at a loss and becoming bulls themselves

Attachments

• cj.png
    cj.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 137
can yoga and mindfulness help in trading?

Attachments

• 4042-Power-Yoga.jpg
    4042-Power-Yoga.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
cadjen

strong bull.

In a strong bull bears continually fuel the momentum by covering at a loss and becoming bulls themselves

decent. I suppose you are long?

historical JPY charts are showing great potential for weakness. CADJPY could easily fly to 93. great volume came in at 80 (y)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 12.56.15.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 12.56.15.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 147
decent. I suppose you are long?

historical JPY charts are showing great potential for weakness. CADJPY could easily fly to 93. great volume came in at 80 (y)

She pulled back a bit....oil gapped up and now trying to fill the gap....

I feel market will not act properly in technical terms until the rate decision....then Christmas....a bit of fishing time....