Is Trade2win as lifeless as it seems to me?

Is Trade2win as lifeless as it seems?

• Yes, activity has definitely declined.

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Maybe, I’m not here often enough to notice.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • No, it is as active as it has always been.

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
If you think someone is doing something against the rules (especially if related to advertising), report it regardless. We'll deal with it. :)

If that jcl365 guy is at again, then he's about to be perma-banned. Blatant advertising like that means instant forum death. There is no provision that protects vendors on T2W, really. They advertise their wares at their own risk.

EDIT: Actually, looking up jcl365 he's already received the Ban and Clean treatment, so his account's been wiped off T2W. We don't tend to show much in the way of mercy with spammers. :LOL:

What planet are you on ?

Reporting really is a waste of time and energy, last week I was getting harassed by moderators for pointing out issues with jcl365, days went by without anyone taking any action, then he pops up again as if nothing ever happened

And meanwhile your CEO finally acknowledges that the much publicized action taken against vendors wasn't actually implemented and nothing's changed.

No one is buying your rhetoric

Hare, every single report is dealt with individually. I can assure you we take them seriously. We would encourage every member to report any posts they find dubious. It is, of course, our call whether to take any action, but we do our best to keep the forums clean regardless.

I don't know what the whole story is with jcl365. All I know is that he got dealt with, and that's the most important bit. I also can't comment on what went on in PMs, but you can contact any Staff to report messages you deem harassment on the part of a moderator.

I'll also say that while us mods are here to enforce the rules T2W puts in place, we are primarily independent volunteers and our affiliation with T2W ends there. We are not Staff -- we are here for the sole purpose of keeping the boards clean for the community for free. So I can't comment on the unimplemented actions as they are not my concern (although it would be cool to have such a feature on the boards, mind you).

All that said, you can be assured I am free of rhetoric, and am speaking my mind freely and calling things as I see them (although I do realize my writing style can come off as didactic or rhetorical, but that's really just a quirk of mine). :)

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fix...0-my-horrible-story-goptions-com-proof-6.html

Bets me why stone and fielder haven't been banned.
Stone is even using a company logo in his profile...

Then again it is good sport :)

Those pair of clowns are doing more damage to themselves than anyone else could inflict upon them. Stone was calling some Indian guy a 'semi Australian immigrant swine'. What they dont realise is that future employers can search for and find all of these posts, when they're grown ups they might regret what they are doing now.

It reminds me of that chav Terry Troakes who threatened to shoot a few of us with his AK47, had to change all his social media profiles to 'Terry T', like that would fool anyone. Google his name now and you get several T2W threads exposing his dodgy dealings.

Just give these guys a bit of rope, they'll do a good job of hanging themselves.

I've generally found the mods to be decent in any dealings I've had with them, even if I disagree with how lenient they are, so I wouldn't assume that, but you may know more than me about these things.

The point you made somewhere on the site that nobody seems to know what the rules are, seems correct. Or I should say, I don't know what the rules are anymore.

There is a guy jcl365 who presents a recent example. He turned up without a vendor badge. He was obviously selling, I asked him if he was. He said he sells, but not for money (a lie, that was easily checked to be a lie). He was also posting links. I reported that he should probably have a vendor badge, and that he was advertising with the links. Links taken down, vendor badge applied, albeit the mods were a little slow that day.

So he should be essentially on 'probation' and assumed suspicious at this point. Now he has about 90 posts or so, and he claims to run a site, and he needlessly mentions the name in a large number of his posts (which to me is advertising), and it is even written on the top of some of his charts etc. (again more advertising).

Why is this allowed to continue? I think about reporting, but I don't really know if this is actually allowed. It certainly seems to be. If DionysusToast mentioned his site needlessly say 50 times in about 90 posts, I think there would be a lot of people complaining.

Then there's people using images and/or signatures to advertise. So this is against the rules isn't it? But perhaps they pay to have this. Either way, it creates confusion.

It's at the point now, where I can't be bothered to report any posts, since the rules are unclear, and there is so much flouting of what I perceived to be the rules, that I can only assume it is allowed. And even if I do report it, and something is done temporarily, the attitude will still be to give the person another chance, and another warning and so on.

On the contrary , i see much more tolerance from - members and the mods - for old regular vendors compared to the newly registered one's ....

If you think someone is doing something against the rules (especially if related to advertising), report it regardless. We'll deal with it. :)

If that jcl365 guy is at again, then he's about to be perma-banned. Blatant advertising like that means instant forum death. There is no provision that protects vendors on T2W, really. They advertise their wares at their own risk.

EDIT: Actually, looking up jcl365 he's already received the Ban and Clean treatment, so his account's been wiped off T2W. We don't tend to show much in the way of mercy with spammers. :LOL:

yes post reporting is a great help but a lot of what should and could be reported just isn't. if you carry on relying solely on post reporting, as seems to be the current policy, the boards end up in a right pickle. if you are not proactive the members notice the mess and inaction and start complaining. you are at that point now.

to deal with it you have to be proactive and look for it, it's not rocket science, not technical in any way. there's not so many new posts a day that it can't be done, especially now there are more of you than ever there has been.

so you closed the new Davey thread, fair enough. but why is he still hanging around and still at large? and where do we post warnings to members about any vendoring activities that he's bound to start on his twitter and blog. we'll have to start another thread, meaning more litter.

talking of litter what about the goptions threads, not to mention other binary threads, how many of them are there?? at least 6 or more??? why weren't they ever managed/merged?

and are you all just going to sit and wait for reports on the new bunch of multi nics with coach/trainer badges and nonsense usernames like jgekSRCqpJnQ, yufnkou233 and Yihsntpa along with the other usernames containing letter/number combos, are you going to wait and see if they post nonsense litter, or are you going to be proactive and do something before they do?

do you not see the issues?

Last edited:
and are you all just going to sit and wait for reports on the new bunch of multi nics with coach/trainer badges and nonsense usernames like jgekSRCqpJnQ, yufnkou233 and Yihsntpa along with the other usernames containing letter/number combos, are you going to wait and see if they post nonsense litter, or are you going to be proactive and do something before they do?

Multi-nics is an area that I am still dealing with and all of these get B&C as soon as I see them. At present I am killing around 50 a day and T2W is getting an increasing amount of this now days but I am managing to keep on top of most of it.

Multi-nics is an area that I am still dealing with and all of these get B&C as soon as I see them. At present I am killing around 50 a day and T2W is getting an increasing amount of this now days but I am managing to keep on top of most of it.

that's good and well done for that (y)

but I noticed today the latest crop with odd user names signing up, it's such an easy spot but have only bothered tracking them back to friday and haven't look further. mods have been on and posted on topics then and since but haven't noticed this bunch.

are they now not involved in doing anything about it? is it an admin task only? why is that?

72asw21rq4 is the latest that signed up this morning, welcomed as a new member around 8 am. but this one didn't appear on a list until way after his signup time, are you vetting them now? if not, why the delay in them showing on the member lists?

here are further goons, in join date order.

okeewj125k Last Activity: May 24, 2013 7:04pm

noonysn6 Last Activity: May 24, 2013 5:32am

kqztsu771 Last Activity: May 23, 2013 6:59pm

336thj0u4e Last Activity: May 23, 2013 5:19pm

tnfs11hass3g Last Activity: May 23, 2013 11:50am

babala1602 Last Activity: May 23, 2013 7:46am

Garluanf8 Last Activity: May 23, 2013 4:39am

hgt3njlse6y Last Activity: May 22, 2013 10:24pm

hduyasj02s Last Activity: May 24, 2013 9:21am ...this one been back to the boards, what was he doing? weren't you watching??

zha4dn1f Last Activity: May 22, 2013 8:00am

pivik49pgg Last Activity: Yesterday 7:36am ....aye up!

Qwjrreoh Last Activity: May 22, 2013 5:09am

hunqinklw Last Activity: May 23, 2013 10:32am ...hmm

davidjone1s9 Last Activity: May 22, 2013 1:17am

asiahotel Last Activity: May 21, 2013 1:44pm

Aauron39du Last Activity: May 23, 2013 2:49am ...oops!

Gracer32013 Last Activity: May 24, 2013 8:46am ...lively bunch aren't they

Gracesa53 Last Activity: May 21, 2013 9:03am

Jimmymi38 Last Activity: May 22, 2013 3:35am ...had another peek

yntzjxxiik Last Activity: May 21, 2013 8:19am

...and on and on and on and i'm bored now.

drivel as usernames, all from united states, all with coach/trainer vendor badges, no tools used in finding them, you all have tools, get a grip.

Whoa, chill, LM. We can't always be on all the time and take care of these. Sad reality is that we remain understaffed despite getting three (now two) new names.

I'm also at work atm and on mobile, so I'll get to these new 'bots asap once I get back. I'll also properly reply after. :)

Whoa, chill, LM. We can't always be on all the time and take care of these. Sad reality is that we remain understaffed despite getting three (now two) new names.

I'm also at work atm and on mobile, so I'll get to these new 'bots asap once I get back. I'll also properly reply after. :)

I think everybody realises that there are times that mods are not on, it's a fact, it happens and nobody should get overly flustered if something was happening right now and there were no mods to deal with it.

however, this is not the case here. this has been ongoing all week and likely a lot longer and you have all been around, well nearly all most probably, as some are invisible.

so these odd usernames are not deemed worthy of at least a click to look at them? do they not instill a sense of curiosity as to their motivations?

nobody at all was even looking were they. I have to say i'm a little disappointed some basics are not even followed :(

under staffed? or do you really mean people are on but aren't doing anything? certainly would explain why a crowd of clowns are allowed to run free and come and go as they please, doing all told untoward manner of things, how many of them have fleeced new members while they go undetected for example.

more clowns signing up as we speak.

Attachments

• more clowns signing up as we speak.PNG
    more clowns signing up as we speak.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 187
On the contrary , i see much more tolerance from - members and the mods - for old regular vendors compared to the newly registered one's ....

Yeah, on reflection, you have a point. I was referring to the fact that when DT used and avatar with his company name in it, he was hassled and told to remove it (and I agreed with that). He's a long term member who actually contributes. Yet there are 5 or 6 vendors who contribute nothing on the site, other than their own threads (which usually aren't discussions either), who have their company name in avatar, thread title and signature and nothing is done - in some cases for several years.

Membership numbers are important...that's an undisputed fact and its that simple

This lack of resources argument really is a crock, the mods had time to PM me last week, they had time to remove dissenting posts from a vendors thread (well he wasn't technically a vendor at that stage, well apart from a logo, website, blog, twitter feed, facebook page and a 2 year history of pulling the same stunt at every other trading forum)

That's the issue. They had time to defend this guys commercial interests, but not time to investigate. That is a very clear indication of where priorities lie.

I'm not having a go at the mods, they are simply carrying out orders from above, and frankly it stinks that they placed in the firing line to try to justify doing their (unpaid) jobs.

talking of membership numbers, have we seen todays new record?

Most users ever online was 11980, Today at 12:56pm

that beats the last recent record by a some margin. so who was it? who was the culprit? well i was way off with my thoughts on search spiders ...on this occasion :p :D

it was guests, they were all looking at one thread post and viewing an attachment. and the post these guests were looking at? they were viewing a pic of arabias shoes, thousands of them. how odd.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/sit...y-day-2-trading-desk-contest.html#post1389018

a bot with a shoe fetish perhaps ??

here are further goons, in join date order.

...and on and on and on and i'm bored now.

drivel as usernames, all from united states, all with coach/trainer vendor badges, no tools used in finding them, you all have tools, get a grip.

Add Bandavik, from Italy, and a vendor badge. im italian, he cant speak a word of it!

Add Bandavik, from Italy, and a vendor badge. im italian, he cant speak a word of it!

yes, well spotted mate you could well be right. I did look at him, but he doesn't quite fit the pattern, so now they'll have to use their tools to cross check and confirm, we can't on that one.

they've let it go on for so long now that they'll probably have to now find and cross check everyone, else innocent members may get caught in the crossfire. they've created so much more work now for themselves than if they were more vigilant in the 1st place. if found early they only have to ban 1 and then let the auto systems do the rest. it's that easy!

Last edited:
For the gibberish usernames, nothing to be done about that. They're just too numerous to keep up with, and are a plague on all forums, not just T2W. I won't speak for the others, but I don't tend to touch these unless they start spamming because it's really a futile, endless task. The forum system would need to take care of these.

We're also aware of users from other countries with vendor badges posting nonsense. More could definitely be done here, I agree. But if they don't advertise or show other signs of genuinely being a bogus account, well, not much to be done, eh?

And yes, we are understaffed. I definitely agree more could be done because we let a lot slide already as I'm saying above, or we simply don't notice it. Then again, the volume of spam and the size of the board limit our ability to keep up with it. I think adding 2-3 more mods should nicely do the trick...

For the gibberish usernames, nothing to be done about that. They're just too numerous to keep up with, and are a plague on all forums, not just T2W. I won't speak for the others, but I don't tend to touch these unless they start spamming because it's really a futile, endless task. The forum system would need to take care of these.

We're also aware of users from other countries with vendor badges posting nonsense. More could definitely be done here, I agree. But if they don't advertise or show other signs of genuinely being a bogus account, well, not much to be done, eh?

And yes, we are understaffed. I definitely agree more could be done because we let a lot slide already as I'm saying above, or we simply don't notice it. Then again, the volume of spam and the size of the board limit our ability to keep up with it. I think adding 2-3 more mods should nicely do the trick...

but some of them are revisiting the boards. if they are not identified how do you know they are not up to no good via the messaging system, the only reason i spotted them is that I was keeping one eye on the member count for the count to shoot up.

oh come off, it there isn't that much going on to warrant more of you, there's more than enough of you now, if you all stopped relying on reported posts and the auto systems and did a bit you'd find there are too many of you.

I can tell you are relying on the auto's cos of this latest crowd who've got in. and nobody had a scooby they were there.

Well... I can't really say any more than I have. I believe we need more on the team, you don't. Since Tar left, we've had a definite gap. He was more or less the equivalent of HFT applied to moderation, and the morning rush of 'bots hasn't been taken care of as much. I can't help there as I'm in the EST time zone with a full-time job. But we're not going to go anywhere further pursuing this line of discussion, so I'll leave it at that.

Yes, we do rely on reported posts, and I do think more could be done here. I don't mind admitting that, and I'll see about stepping my own game up to be more on top of things. :)