Is this the worst SB platform?

Is this the worst SB platform?

• Total voters
You are funny Gle - you were posting comments about the platform without using it:whistling

PS If you check the posts again you can see that one member stopped using them - it was slow for him as well

Also check this thread - some not very happy bunnies there:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting-cfds/157856-ig-new-interface.html#post1967650

One may think that all spreads are equal and can be taken for a quick ride. That's why it's important to test the extreme width.

Let's say I advertise my spreads being from 1 point, but may use nice software to widen them every so often (enough to hit few orders). So you'd get a better idea (more accurate) if I mentioned to rather than from. Of course when advertised they always use from.

And again some would justify this by blaming conspiracy theories, market reactions etc... Whatever the case it's best to compare them yourself and you should get a good idea which one is extreme spread happy.

Wishing you good trading:clover:
Your aim is quite clear with your posting. The bad guy is the SB you have been using and you like to get back at him for taking you for a ride. I enjoy posting to a thread like this, because I just don't fall for this kind of blame game.

Last edited:
Your aim is quite clear with your posting. The bad guy is the SB you have been using and you like to get back at him for taking you for a ride. I enjoy posting to a thread like this, because I just don't fall for this kind of blame game.

Do you have any connections with SB companies?

I hope you don't mind the question - it's only my impression:rolleyes:

BTW Have you checked that thread?

Do you have any connections with SB companies?

I hope you don't mind the question - it's only my impression:rolleyes:

BTW Have you checked that thread?
How many times haven't I heard that question.:) No I don't mind the question, in fact it I enjoy it every time a poster brings it up. No I haven't checked the thread.

How many times haven't I heard that question.:) No I don't mind the question, in fact it I enjoy it every time a poster brings it up. No I haven't checked the thread.

Honestly I had no idea you were asked before.

So - do you mind answering?

BTW You should check the thread

I though that was obvious in my answer, but anyway, no I don't have any connections.

Thanks

No hard feelings - I was trying to help with my view in choosing the right platform. I don't have anything against them and even mentioned in one of my posts that I would use them again once/if they introduce a reasonably quick platform:)

How come it is not slow for others, or is it that you want to give them a negative outlook for a string of bad trades?;)

Whether he had bad trades or not, I don't think there's any doubt that IG's platform is slow, no matter what speed of connection or hardware used.

Thanks

No hard feelings - I was trying to help with my view in choosing the right platform. I don't have anything against them and even mentioned in one of my posts that I would use them again once/if they introduce a reasonably quick platform:)
Same here, no hard feelings.:)
Keep on posting your viewpoints about anything you dislike and like, the same goes for me.

It's not the worst platform (by popular vote)

Four members don't think it's the worst platform.
One member thinks it can't be true as he heard they are quite good.
There is only one member who voted and thinks it's the worst/slowest and another member who didn't vote, but couldn't put up with the slowness.
There were some other members who posted and they don't think it's the worst platform.

Vote is still open and you are welcome to post your review of the platform.

I don't particularly like the redesign and there are some features which are now broken. But this week the text is a lot clearer and they've got rid of that stupid picture in the background.

It's definitely not an improvement though - I much prefered the old interface, I think the colour scheme is dreary at best. I'll get used to it in time, it's not stopping me trading.

In terms of sheer volumes of instruments to trade, options, brilliant margin requirements & 24 hr trading they can't be beaten.

I have no performance problems, runs faster than before in my opinion.

they've got rid of that stupid picture in the background.
Thanks for the review Hoggums(y)

That's a first step in the right direction

Being a difficult customer, it's not enough for me though - they have to make it much faster if they want me back. Also I would need smaller spread oscillations - they don't have to put fixed small spreads like Simon does, but at least they shouldn't widen advertised spread of 1 to more than 1.5 (no more than 50% increase).

Once they've done these changes, I would happily use them again:)

To be fair, the slowness won't really be a problem unless you're constantly in and out of trades in different markets.

To be fair, the slowness won't really be a problem unless you're constantly in and out of trades in different markets.
Well, it is a problem for me - if nothing else, I find it annoying to have to wait much longer for charts to open compared to other platforms I use. And that entry lines, stop lines etc. showing on the chart and not updating although I moved stop to some other level - misleading. All together with some other slow response problems this affects my trading adversely - e.g. if I want to trade a pattern based break out - waiting for a chart to open may render that pattern useless as price often moves quickly at that point.

Then the spreads that widen intermittently - not as much as some other SB companies, but enough to add extra cost. This is only based on my observations - I've read somewhere else about some really big widening, but can't comment on it.

I may have an edge while using other platforms, but this one makes it very blunt. Is it because they don't like certain trading styles or something else? I do not know.

PS I agree with Hoggums about a big choice of instruments to trade etc.

Ok,
If you think Ig platform is slow, does that mean their price lags? Why cant we take them for a ride?
I have been using them for years and never had any serious problem.
I am very much interested if their price is slow compared others, what browser you use?
From my computer everything looks good, but if some people think IG is slow with an old computer or some browser etc... i am more than happy to chanage my trading style!!

fast trader

i think what he is complaining about is the speed of transaction / doing anything... not the price updates

confirmations are taking longer to come through apparently. I was speaking to another IG client and he was saying the same thing. The trades are still done etc but the whole experience is much more clunky

IG are complete rubbish..always slow, prices dont get filled on orders, stops lag for ages.
out to rob you blind, money talks and I took mine away. Everyone should do the same imo

Ok,
If you think Ig platform is slow, does that mean their price lags? Why cant we take them for a ride?
I have been using them for years and never had any serious problem.
I am very much interested if their price is slow compared others, what browser you use?
From my computer everything looks good, but if some people think IG is slow with an old computer or some browser etc... i am more than happy to chanage my trading style!!

I've read few threads with members complaining about IG - extreme spreads sometimes, making trading difficult for a profitable trader, making another trader's theoretically profitable system completely useless in reality (slippages etc.)etc.

Is it true or not - I don't know. One thing I know is that when I use IG platform on my relatively fast computer with relatively good internet connection I get annoyed with the slowness. I'm just comparing it to other SB companies I have accounts with and it is the slowest (with additional problem with charts - slowly opening, not updating my positions on the charts etc.)

I think it's reasonable to assume that it is something to do with the platform and not my computer/internet connection. Also another SB company I'm using has narrower spreads and faster platform with charts that open almost instantaneously.

Best wishes for many enjoyable trades with IG to those who are happy with them. Personally I wouldn't use their service unless they make the platform faster and also the spreads oscillations narrower (and of course if all that I've read is not true)

BTW I've tried different browsers - not much joy

The annoying thing is the way the prices actually move far more than the underlying market in some cases (index futs), while everything else happens slowly.

The annoying thing is the way the prices actually move far more than the underlying market in some cases (index futs), while everything else happens slowly.

can you give an example (in hours) of them moving their price on an index future without the underlying moving?

Reactions: tar