Is this a genuine company or a scam?

So you can sell VERs? The guy I've emailed spoke about transferring them but to be honest I don't really understand it all

Also interested to know what company/trading platform you used to sell VERs. Havrn't found anyone or any broker that has actually done this despite claims.

Its not a broker is simply a trading platform, as its a new concept for credits to be sold did take a good 6 weeks for a buyer as registered beginning of January but made a return. Had to pay to be a member but I have had to pay to join many trading platforms over the years so didn't see this as an oddity and I made a return non the less. I dealt with a guy called jamie unsure if I am able to advertize the company website so if I am not I apologize Exchange - Carbon Neutral Trading Exchange

Fonze - interesting. Guess you had to pay to become a member if you had bought your credits elsewhere? But 6 weeks to find a buyer is not bad. The site says they are currently updating the trading platform. Understand if you don't want to publish private info - but any info over price range/volume you traded at would be useful. Cheers.

I had 800 credits in a china hydro and sold for £6.50 each. I initially paid £5.00 so was happy with the return. I am looking to purchase credits on the trading platform and look to sell again, The returns are not as high as if I held onto them for a longer period but as I am seeing quick returns I might dothis every few months.

Carbon credits are for wristjobs. What the farkin fook fork are thery anyway. Is it something I can own?:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• Dickheadkreel.jpg
    Dickheadkreel.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 865
  • lex1.jpg
    lex1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 936
Last edited:
I've had a call from these clowns, must say I enjoyed the 'journey'. The only person I trust with my money is me, but I enjoyed stringing them along, they tried every trick in the book to get me to part with my cashfrom apart from insulting me, they couldnt understand why I wouldn't invest etc etc. Great moment telling them I knew they were scammers and where they could go. Not heard a peep since. Nice

Well unsure how they can be scammers when I have been sold out are you sure you have the same company dino, I dealt with CNTX based in hampshire?

Well unsure how they can be scammers when I have been sold out are you sure you have the same company dino, I dealt with CNTX based in hampshire?

Fonze, I was referring to Eden Brown, sorry for confusion

I had 800 credits in a china hydro and sold for £6.50 each. I initially paid £5.00 so was happy with the return. I am looking to purchase credits on the trading platform and look to sell again, The returns are not as high as if I held onto them for a longer period but as I am seeing quick returns I might dothis every few months.

Fonze. Thanks for the info. How did you decide you could trust these guys, especially as you would have had to pay £650 to register? They've only been in business since the beginning of the year and the trading platform does not yet seem to be live. I'm nervous about anyone who wants my money upfront in this business.

Well I looked at the web developer net builder and they built the trading software for Barclays bank so this seemed genuine. Also when I contacted the company they do not sell carbon credits at all they only sell on carbon credits held by clients which made me feel that they had my best interests at heart. And they are the only company that are claiming to be a platform and also looking to become a registry it seems a lot of effort for someone who was not genuine and as I have made money the risk was worth it. I have paid up front fees to other trading platforms so did not think this was an odd request. You definitely need your wits about you in the carbon market but this company have good credentials in what they are doing and who they work with.

Before you all trip over each other in the rush to give your money to a complete stranger have you considered that Fonze may just be someone promoting the company? Anybody can register here and say how great a company are and how much money they made.

Carbon credits are just the latest fad being used by scammers to take money off the gullible, no different to land banking or wine scams. If you want to make money get an extra job, the idea that you are going to make money from thin air using zero effort is nonsense.

A true comment I only offered advice as someone who was happy to sell as everyone says that they cant sell. And the company I used do not sell carbon credits there only service is selling credits already owned by people. I was skeptical when I first invested but I believe in renewable energy and read about government legislation regarding off setting companies. Did you know this April all companies listed on the London stock exchange have to also publish their carbon emissions reports showing offset calculation and if they do not do so would face a fine? Not such a fad is it really if you do research I would never invest into something with out prior knowledge and as a stockbroker my self the renewable market is the only market I can invest in due to inside trading law.

Investments Archives - Investigations

Just look how many scams there are, they all folow the same playbook and of course need a conveyor belt of gullible and naive investors which sadly there always seems to be...

Can you make money in carbon credits? Sure, but only if you know the market like the back of your hand AND know who you're dealing with. Will the average victim make money, of course not, that is not how the scam works. They will fail to make money because they a) don't know the market, in fact haven't got a clue about what it is, and b) they won't do any due dilgence of who they're dealing through, ie some bucch of wideboys in a short term rented office with no history of trading.

How many more warnings do people need about Carbon Credits?

Investors abandoned by ForEco Growth carbon credit sales firm - Investigations

Global Carbon Broking faces chop - Investigations

Carbon credit scam claims a £7,900 victim - Investigations

Coldcalling conmen move into carbon credits - Investigations

Beware hot air from conmen touting carbon credit scams - Investigations

Investments Archives - Investigations

Rare Earth Metal Exchange in £1.6m collapse - Investigations

PS. If you do want to invest in the market then how about opering like a proper investor rather than some lamb ready for the financial slaugter. What I'm talking about is the all important 'exit plan'. Or to put it another way, never invest in something where you can't get out relatively easy. Of course the scammers will tell you it's easy to get out but they're scammers and therefore lie.

So how to trade carbon credits with an easy get out, ie a guranteed bid EVERYDAY? Simple, use Finspreads and they make a market. Plus, Finspreads is FSA registered and not one of these scam companies is FSA registered for obvious reasons. Please don't be a lamb, please think, please realise when you're out of your financial depth because if you don't you're only going to come to a Board like this whinging and whining about how you were conned. Yes, you were conned, but you made it very easy for the scammers....

Well said bobby bb only deal with companies that offer a service rather than wanting to sell to you there are so many companies out there all competing for business and none of them actually understand the market. My advice a trading platform is the only fee sable option to sell , if you had shares would you sell them on say the London stock exchange or would use a random guy in a brokerage? You use the exchange yes they charge but they all do but they wont be trying to sell to you and you still have autonomy over your investment. Carbon market is not for all investors as bobby has stated

Well I looked at the web developer net builder and they built the trading software for Barclays bank so this seemed genuine. Also when I contacted the company they do not sell carbon credits at all they only sell on carbon credits held by clients which made me feel that they had my best interests at heart. And they are the only company that are claiming to be a platform and also looking to become a registry it seems a lot of effort for someone who was not genuine and as I have made money the risk was worth it. I have paid up front fees to other trading platforms so did not think this was an odd request. You definitely need your wits about you in the carbon market but this company have good credentials in what they are doing and who they work with.

I see CNTX open from 10am to 8pm, odd hours for Hampshire dont you think? Could they possibly be located a bit further east, and I don't mean Kent?

CNTX - Selling carbon credits