Is this a genuine company or a scam?

A lot of small genuine companies use these services. I had a desk is one of these places in the UK for a while. They have a phone system in place where the name of the business being called flashes up so the secretary knows which name to answer it under. They just take a message and say 'they're all in a meeting right now' etc etc. The same secretary might answer calls for 40 or 50 businesses. There are different packages, some will forward mail as well and some provide hot desks and normal office space.

Yes, we will try to get some money back. Thanks Lightning McQueen and pboyles for your interesting and helpful comments.

I have been involved in online business like HYIP since 2006. I am one of the victim of some online business managed by scammers. Lately, I do not be progressive in many HYIP. If I decide to take part in an online business I usually make consideration for its legality an especially I check by many forums about the existence of it. Now I do not take part in many HYIP but I concentrate to trade by myself in some brokers. I decided to invest in may be two money management asset but that is by any consideration.

Yes, I wish I'd known what my relative was dealing in much earlier. Then I might have done some online research of my own. Sadly these people are professional conmen who are extremely clever and have absolute no morals or conscience!! This experience has left the whole family shell shocked and we still have the trauma of the nasty phone calls which I'm sure are about to happen very soon!

Yes, I wish I'd known what my relative was dealing in much earlier. Then I might have done some online research of my own. Sadly these people are professional conmen who are extremely clever and have absolute no morals or conscience!! This experience has left the whole family shell shocked and we still have the trauma of the nasty phone calls which I'm sure are about to happen very soon!

This is a really sad thread to read through, it's really sickening what these people will try and do to get money out of people.

The sickening thing is that there is no protection from any regulatory bodies as they sneak through every legal loophole and get away with ripping people off. Also, the police struggle to investigate crimes which are happening from overseas so you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall the entire time. It's also heartbreaking that my relative still believes he has made some genuine investments as these shysters have done such a good job in making him believe.

i'm guessing then that there's been no attempt at cashing in on the investments?

so how much exactly has been "invested" in this carbon scheme?

at the very least get your relative to read this.

Uk regulator warns of growing investment risk

"The FSA advises anyone who suspects that they have been scammed to stop sending money to the firm or person offering the carbon credit investment opportunity. Consumers can also contact the FSA and provide as much information as possible, including the firm reference number (FRN) if they claim to be authorised by the financial watchdog."

The sickening thing is that there is no protection from any regulatory bodies as they sneak through every legal loophole and get away with ripping people off. Also, the police struggle to investigate crimes which are happening from overseas so you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall the entire time. It's also heartbreaking that my relative still believes he has made some genuine investments as these shysters have done such a good job in making him believe.

Have you made him aware of it all though? I guess it's difficult when they've invested money to truly believe you've been duped, you'll do anything to believe otherwise.

I think it's difficult for the Police, especially as these sorts of people usually have a lot of proxies in place like fake offices, numbers, and moving around a lot. Although saying that you'd think one of the first lines of enquiry might be who placed the advert in the magazine that he initially responded too.

Thanks guys. At the moment, we don't want any contact with these people as I think they are persuasive enough to extract more money. We have been doing some research into whether there is any way we can get any money refunded. One of the companies is FSA registered but they have traded under several different names and the FSA say that anyone who has invested in VERs, VCSs, etc are not covered by their compensation scheme. It's so complicated but we are trying everything we can think of. If you choose to deal with this company Nicholas, proceed with extreme caution!!!!! If I was you I wouldn't bother, choose a reputable Company from the country you live in. We are also on with contacting the magazine in which the advert was published to see what their stand is!

Thanks guys. At the moment, we don't want any contact with these people as I think they are persuasive enough to extract more money. We have been doing some research into whether there is any way we can get any money refunded. One of the companies is FSA registered but they have traded under several different names and the FSA say that anyone who has invested in VERs, VCSs, etc are not covered by their compensation scheme. It's so complicated but we are trying everything we can think of. If you choose to deal with this company Nicholas, proceed with extreme caution!!!!! If I was you I wouldn't bother, choose a reputable Company from the country you live in. We are also on with contacting the magazine in which the advert was published to see what their stand is!

The magazines stand will be that they didn't know and are under no obligation to check. We've had illegal investment scheme promoted here by T2W. Magazines are primarily interested in selling adverts, they don't really care if the advertisers rip people off.

The magazines stand will be that they didn't know and are under no obligation to check. We've had illegal investment scheme promoted here by T2W. Magazines are primarily interested in selling adverts, they don't really care if the advertisers rip people off.

Yeah but they might be able to aid any investigation in regards to tracking down the culprits of this scam.

i thought these people working out of barcelona were only the sales people, you have no need for further dealings with them. you should contact the company who they are selling for in germany. you don't, or at least shouldn't need to phone them or get personal, mail the german company with your details and see what they have to say. if they wont sell and return what little is likely left of your funds, go bubble them to bafin.

We are currently trying to deal directly with Carbon Neutral Investments. They do not answer the phone but they do reply to emails. They are based in London. They say we can transfer the VERs but I'm vague on this as I haven't been the one who's contacted them. We are considering taking independent financial advice but then is that just throwing more money away? I'm sure the advice will be sound, it's just there is probably very little, if anything, to get back

We are currently trying to deal directly with Carbon Neutral Investments. They do not answer the phone but they do reply to emails. They are based in London. They say we can transfer the VERs but I'm vague on this as I haven't been the one who's contacted them. We are considering taking independent financial advice but then is that just throwing more money away? I'm sure the advice will be sound, it's just there is probably very little, if anything, to get back

You're about to fall for part 2 of the scam. There is always a follow up to the first scam. Usually a suggestion that you can recover some of your losses, of course there will be an upfront fee, which they will steal and then disappear.

'They are based in London'. Really, you know that or they told you that?

Good point! I don't know how we know that. Like I say, another family member has been doing the research whilst I deal with the emotional fallout!!

The London thing comes from the telephone number that is listed on the FSA register. It's an 020 number but if they don't answer, then I suppose they could be based anywhere! Apparently we can transfer the carbon credits via Carbon Neutral Investments but in order to sell them we'd have to go through Eden Brown.

The London thing comes from the telephone number that is listed on the FSA register. It's an 020 number but if they don't answer, then I suppose they could be based anywhere! Apparently we can transfer the carbon credits via Carbon Neutral Investments but in order to sell them we'd have to go through Eden Brown.

They could be in Hong Kong and still be using an 020 number.

You can buy a number in London, New York and Zurich from Skype. The number means nothing.

Online Number - Online Business Number with Voicemail - Skype

Likewise you can buy an office address wherever you want, even on Buckingham Palace Road. Remember I said buy an address, not buy an office.

Virtual offices. Virtual assistants & office space - Regus UK