Is there a requirement of how much money needed to atart trading?

how much are you prepared to lose? That's the requirement for how much you need to start

how long have you been in trading if I may ask? Was your first experience in trading successful? I see a lot of posts that says they failed and never tried trading again.

how long have you been in trading if I may ask? Was your first experience in trading successful? I see a lot of posts that says they failed and never tried trading again.

since 2009 and when you say "my first experience"..I'm still experiencing, but it took quite some time before things start to make sense if that's what you mean. But that's the same as anything, you just learn and adapt from your mistakes before you find something that works for you.
The question you want to ask yourself is how long are you prepared to learn for/and how much are you prepared to lose in the process.

dude

I have been involved with Gambling since the 1960's and started trading in the 1980's.........I finally got more serious with Forex in the early 2000's .......(i'm 108 years old !!)

honestly ?.........it takes years to get near making a consistent profit in professional Gambling or Trading .........which is why 95%+ fail

N

Last edited:
dude

I have been involved with Gambling since the 1960's and started trading in the 1980's.........I finally got more serious with Forex in the early 2000's .......(i'm 108 years old !!)

honestly ?.........it takes years to get near making a consistent profit in professional Gambling or Trading .........which is why 95%+ fail

N

any tips how we can join the bandwagon of the remaining 4%+ of the total traders?

Some brokers offer minimum deposit from cent or $1. Normal brokers varies from $5 to $50 but there are some brokers require $500-thousands to start trading.

Hello Shirkan. I've a few things to say to you, but first I'm curious as to how you would respond to NVP's post above?

If you want to invest for a long-term approach, rather than a short-term approach, a couple hundred dollars is fine. If you invested in small and micro-cap companies, you could expect to earn around 15% per year which will return higher as you invest in smaller and smaller companies - if you do it through mutual funds or EFTs in the long run.

There is no some precise digits, but for sure it should be 3-digits sum and more than 250-300$. Just to open reasonable position (Not high-risk scalping) I would advice you to make decent deposit to keep even some percent of rational trading.

same old.....

You can start with any amount. But recommend above $ 100 to get some good experience.

Always trade with money you can afford to lose.

Demo trade for a few months. When profitable for a few months then get a job and save up £5000 and start at half stakes. I could go on but got bored repeating myself over the years whilst a lot of people stubbornly remain stupid enough to live trade with no experience and eventually face ruin.

As above -trade with money that wont ruin you if you lose it.

With regards to how much you need to start trading... I would say that how much do you have to lose is a good place to start. But putting that to one side we need to look at the practicalities.
Some brokers let you deposit $5 to start (although not many) but depositing $5, $10, $20 or even $50 is probably a bad idea because it is very much related to what the minimum trade is... which with these types of accounts is usually 0.01 lot or $1000 before any leverage is applied. Therefore you cannot properly trade with small amounts. On top of that we must also consider that if your balance is capped you will get stopped out very easily. In other words the smaller balance you have the more likely you are of losing the whole lot.
As a guess I would say most experienced traders play with no less than $5,000 balances and often much more, but remember they should be able to afford to lose the lot.

Where I can find broker that allowed me to start with like 500 dollars or 100?? Im in India ..kind I Trade Internationally? Outside asia?