Is it true, you can trade without indicators and candlesticks?

Forker - that's just one more post with no substance and another post from a TA proponent detailing why he can't prove his point and resorting to personal attacks.

Saying something does not make it so. Saying I know nothing does not make that so. Saying I am a retard does not make that so. Saying my examples are imaginary does not make it so. Saying TA works does not make it so. Saying the same thing over and over and over again does not make it so.

Anyone who wants to put in the effort can pull up the necessary screens and see these scenarios play out day in day out. TA proponents can continue to say it works over and over again whilst their well known techniques are exploited by those with a little more savvy.

All we will do now is go around in circles now.

At least the OP and other newbies reading this is that you can look at more than the markets reactions in order to make trading decisions.

Individual candlesticks or groups of candlesticks won't help you and indicators won't help you but all are free to use them and remain ignorant to what is going on under the hood.

If you keep getting stopped out on your pure TA trades and start asking yourself why, then it's good to know there are answers out there.

Now - I leave it to you to go on the attack again. May I suggest you call me a spastic next as retard really is passe.

I suggest a trade off to settle things ;)

and if that's a draw, we'll sort it out on the dancefloor !

DTElvis.jpg

You have been warned

Last edited:
In all fairness, I don't always dress that way.

Cool photo though - looks like I've been caught unawares. It has always been the subject of mirth amongst the lads.

not flaiming but if I understand that then appears stops are greater than targets... so expect some shortly :)

Not a flame is it ? You didn't mention my mother or my Elvis suit and you haven't called me a tard yet.

On Ninja I use an ATM strategy - which basically puts your trades out there for you to adjust as necessary. The strategy I use for 2 lot entries has stops at 10 ticks, first target at 6 ticks, second target at 16 ticks. I haven't had any need to tighten this up for this type of trade.

You are right that first target on a 2 lot trade is smaller than the stop and the second is placed further out in the hope of a market with Nikes. When adding contracts, it doesn't really adhere to the strategy properly it just sticks everything on your existing stop and target levels but it will re-adjust them if you throw a market order out for a contract. Admittedly I have not read the manual yet...

The other cardinal sin I commit is generally I scale out and not in.

Compared to the days we have been having of late though - the ES put in some good moves today. I am slightly wary of it at the moment as it has been tending to just die out. It would be nice to think that the summer doldrums are now over but it's done this before for a day and then just gone sideways the next.

lol - touche !

Your comments about my exits echo what my missus says about our love life....

I don't take entries or exits off a 5 min chart but I do use the chart trader on a 5 min chart to adjust the stops & targets. I am sure if you pulled up a 350 tick chart or something like that you'd see a bit more action than on this one plus possibly some better TA based entries. If not - try a 1, 2,3,4,5,6, 7 or 8 minute.

Just keep trying it until it looks like I have any clue what I am doing, OK ?

BTW - it's spelt 'flaming' you retard

I know. In fact I even noticed the error before I pressed submit, but I'm so lazy... you know how it is...

I had a terrible day today... threw away a fricking fantastic for such a boring day small 5 figure profit when posen came out and a disgraceful algorithm operated by chezch ******s called RSJ squeezed me... ended up with precisely £207.29 profit (at current fx rates) so am currently not in a good mind... that quite a bit for me to lose for no reason other than algos... I can cope with losing money because of bad trading, used to it, do it every day, but when I'm squeezed by a computer program in such a way... I not pleased...

I know. In fact I even noticed the error before I pressed submit, but I'm so lazy... you know how it is...

I had a terrible day today... threw away a fricking fantastic for such a boring day small 5 figure profit when posen came out and a disgraceful algorithm operated by chezch ******s called RSJ squeezed me... ended up with precisely £207.29 profit (at current fx rates) so am currently not in a good mind... that quite a bit for me to lose for no reason other than algos... I can cope with losing money because of bad trading, used to it, do it every day, but when I'm squeezed by a computer program in such a way... I not pleased...

It's them algo algo algorthyms wot done it. Worse than menopauses, they are.