Is investing in Bitcoin is safe ?

CR7_Freak

Hi Guys,

Saw couple of articles regarding investing in Bitcoin a safer option. But does that make sense in long run ? Or any other source of investment is better ?

Thanks

Any investment that can be backed by strong fundamentals is a reasonable option for long-term investment. Bitcoin is pretty new to investors and it is extremely volatile. Always remember that the purpose of bitcoin is the decentralized transfer of money and is not a substitute for traditional long-term investment. On records, the cryptocurrencies did deliver returns beyond expectations but you never know when this bubble might actually burst. One may limit the exposure to crypto within what they can afford to lose.

Hi Guys,

Saw couple of articles regarding investing in Bitcoin a safer option. But does that make sense in long run ? Or any other source of investment is better ?

Thanks

I'm also going to invest in Bitcoin but I realize that this is a very-very risky and if we compare forex and bitcoin, so for forex investments you should have risk capital but for bitcoin investments you should have risk capital of risk capital. :)

C'mon Pat, give us your picks and say why they're better (apart from being cheaper)!
Tim.

This is only a personal opinion Tim.
I would hate for you to plunge in and er....perhaps lose because of me.

If a year ago you could have invested without the shadow of a doubt, right now I wouldn't recommend it.

I don't think it is.My understanding is that if you lose your password then you lose your investment.Also if it is hacked and stolen it is lost as there is no recourse to Government compensation. Not to mention the price risk in what appears to be a vastly over valued asset.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

It is absolutely not safe and probably the one with biggest risk out there...

Bitcoin has dropped about $3,000 in the last few days.
The pumpers may be dropping out having cashed in on the suckers.

I agree with post above. Just imagine you forget your pass and what will u do?)) And don't forget about regulary d-dos attacks to e-wallets of bitcoin and ethereum in particular

Nothing is safe to invest in with all reality. I take more of a value investor position on this one... eventually, cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin will have higher value because of what they can potentially do.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Hey

Bitcoin little bit Risky, Day by Day bitcoin price down, but I hope 2019 will be the best year for bitcoin

Hi Guys,

Thanks

there is no correlation between "safe" and Bitcoin trading / investing ......its a highly volatile and genrally unregulated instrument ......:smart:

you need to steer clear of such markets if you are looking for a safer and more reliable source of investment returns ......

Investing in cryptocurrencies is never safe so I think the question is wrongly put. That said, I still own some Bitcoins because I believe they will be more valuable in the future

sure hold a few .....very low % of cap base though ....

Actually, any deal is not totally safe. There are always some risks with cryptos. Bitcoin is considered to be safe because it has a longer history than other coins. And people tend to rely on things which are time-proven. So, it depends on you. You can either hodl btc or trade it. The only thing which really matters is finding a reliable place for this. I would suggest *. They have all safety measures to protect users' funds from hacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, any deal is not totally safe. There are always some risks with cryptos. Bitcoin is considered to be safe because it has a longer history than other coins. And people tend to rely on things which are time-proven. So, it depends on you. You can either hodl btc or trade it. The only thing which really matters is finding a reliable place for this. I would suggest *. They have all safety measures to protect users' funds from hacks.

or dont trade them at all ............trading is hard enough without adding more risk to the equation ;)

N

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all you have to choose a very good platform. I strongly recommend you to avoid most of the online exchanges..
However, if you are only a beginner trader, the bitcoin world is very hard to start..

Maybe from this point this bitcoin may take u-turn and like last year end it will goes all time high, but be careful and invest to that extent which you can afford to loose.