Is investing in Bitcoin is safe ?

bitges

23 1
Actually, any deal is not totally safe. There are always some risks with cryptos. Bitcoin is considered to be safe because it has a longer history than other coins. And people tend to rely on things which are time-proven. So, it depends on you. You can either hodl btc or trade it. The only thing which really matters is finding a reliable place for this. I would suggest *. They have all safety measures to protect users' funds from hacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

NVP

Legendary member
36,585 1,856
Actually, any deal is not totally safe. There are always some risks with cryptos. Bitcoin is considered to be safe because it has a longer history than other coins. And people tend to rely on things which are time-proven. So, it depends on you. You can either hodl btc or trade it. The only thing which really matters is finding a reliable place for this. I would suggest *. They have all safety measures to protect users' funds from hacks.
or dont trade them at all ............trading is hard enough without adding more risk to the equation ;)

N

Last edited by a moderator:

robertbentley

6 2
First of all you have to choose a very good platform. I strongly recommend you to avoid most of the online exchanges..
However, if you are only a beginner trader, the bitcoin world is very hard to start..

progix

218 3
Maybe from this point this bitcoin may take u-turn and like last year end it will goes all time high, but be careful and invest to that extent which you can afford to loose.

Ovitany

13 2
I find that crypto is still relatively new market and there are still things that are to be learnt about it. In order to be on a safe side, it would be wise to make cryptos diversification as relatively small percentage of your overall portfolio.

progix

218 3
Just as i predicted bitcoin seems to be moving in upward trends, not sure what this will do in future but may be it will change bearish trends in to massive bull runs.

J_C_Anderson

120 18
For sure, Bitcoin shows realtive uptrend movement, but there are lot of bagholders that will cover their positions to reduce loss, and such actions could stop that uptrend.

alexwinkler

6 1
In short Yes, but it all comes down to how you do it from investing strategy to the exchange you are using.

Here's 3 criteria: What to look for on exchanges (I'll use coinbase as an example)

#1 What Are The Specs? (History, Location, Size)
Coinbase.. Relatively Old, Located In USA, And It's BIG)
Grade: A

#2 Safety Features
Everything is there for an secure account and the vault feature is cool. One thing I would like to see is multi-level account access. This would be nice if I wanted to give someone access to the account but disable the right to trade or make withdrawals.
Grade: A

#3 Support
Many people complain here and I've also had my share of bad experiences. There's much room for improvement here for Coinbase. Grade: C

Conclusion In Total I think it's fair to give Coinbase is a B+ They are def better than most exchanges out there and I do like to use them on a daily basis and they offer tuns of tools to help you protect your account. Ontop of that they are very established and have a solid track record. However, if you do need anything from them that requires additional support or more institutional like features I believe you'll be disappointed and you'd find alternatives else where. So there's much more Coinbase can do to approve in that regard and is why they were not a full A for me.

Full video where i outline crypto saftey with focus on coinbase

Madalyn

14 0
No trading or investing is "safe"

fibo_trader

Experienced member
1,305 23
Hi Guys,

Saw couple of articles regarding investing in Bitcoin a safer option. But does that make sense in long run ? Or any other source of investment is better ?

Thanks

NO! NO! NO!

Its not safe and you will need a much bigger boat!

Meant only for gamblers, account blowers, speculators, Adrenalin-blasters like myself its the best game to capitalize on the folly of CROWDS = HERDS in town. Win big or end up at the YMCA ... both good options IMHO

trendie

Legendary member
6,145 986