Is etoro the first choice?

Jon12345

For the last few years, I have been letting my life savings accrue little (or in many cases zero) interest. I've been kicking myself for not getting this sorted earlier, but some life circumstances diverted my attention elsewhere.

So, I recently came across a couple of apps (Freetrade and etoro) and realised how easy it is to trade in shares, currencies etc nowadays. I've started reading a book called Smarter Investing, which talks about Index funds being the best choice. So, I'm looking at putting a sizeable chunk of my money in one of these Vanguard schemes with say 70% stocks, and 30% bonds. I will also have a small amount in crypto, some shares I choose based on my interests and some copy trading.

But, since I am new to all this, it would be interesting to hear some views on what resources I should be looking at. Perhaps you think etoro is a bad choice, or that other software platforms would be better. I'm also interested to hear some stories of how well you are doing with your investments, or are you mainly just matching the market?

Look forward to your comments.

Thanks, from a beginner investor who is fed up with zero % returns!

If you are looking at investing into index funds then perhaps look at going directly to Vanguard. You can buy the ETFs on eToro and a few others. Freetrade are decent too.

For the last few years, I have been letting my life savings accrue little (or in many cases zero) interest. I've been kicking myself for not getting this sorted earlier, but some life circumstances diverted my attention elsewhere.

So, I recently came across a couple of apps (Freetrade and etoro) and realised how easy it is to trade in shares, currencies etc nowadays. I've started reading a book called Smarter Investing, which talks about Index funds being the best choice. So, I'm looking at putting a sizeable chunk of my money in one of these Vanguard schemes with say 70% stocks, and 30% bonds. I will also have a small amount in crypto, some shares I choose based on my interests and some copy trading.

But, since I am new to all this, it would be interesting to hear some views on what resources I should be looking at. Perhaps you think etoro is a bad choice, or that other software platforms would be better. I'm also interested to hear some stories of how well you are doing with your investments, or are you mainly just matching the market?

Look forward to your comments.

Thanks, from a beginner investor who is fed up with zero % returns!
Hi all- just joined and new to day trading- think I am making my life very difficult re the tools at my disposal but read a few books and getting nowhere with 'virtual' trading account and obviously don't want to start using real money yet. I am trying to trade on Etoro due to no commission but appreciate, if I can crack things in a small way on there, I may have to switch brokers. I have tried over and over the 20 EMA over 50 EMA trend reversal strategy and cannot seem to get it right enough of the time to turn a profit- any other views on a better newbie strategy would be most welcome.
Many thanks in advance.
Regards
Lozd

Don't touch "social trading" with a barge pole....!
I'm not giving you financial advice but Vanguard 80% or 100% is about as near as you can get to full exposure with some very talented hedge fund types...
Stick it in there and then open a Betfair account for thrills in the armchair with a beer.