Brokers and platforms, known and unknown unknowns

cara1

HI
I've been trading fror a couple of months. It started ok... for a while.

I'm finding the platform I'm using is getting in the way, though it has some good points.
I've been watching "Day Trade The World" for day trading and seeing what they use.

I'm using Trading 212
I've written a bit more about it elsewhere.
Invest platform
Tax appllies to uk stocka (0.5%)
No Shorting,
No Trailing Stop loss,
spreads are claimed to have nothing added above Exchange prices. It doesn't always work out that way.
The platform is easyto use, but rapidly gets annoying because it's clunky

CFD platform
Same (almost) interface. Rather too simple and clunky, buggy. Doesn't like Firefox.
TSL is available as well as Shorting.
Decent range of UK and US stocks, FX pairs, no crypto.
Platform has no actions from the charts, no programmed keys, no shortcut keys, limited range of Orders Iwant more , Q7
No Real volume info, Level 2 info
Spreads are reasonable, but high for forex.
You can have GBP and USD and EUR accounts, and fx fee is low at 0.15% for that. So apart from the swap fee, fees are low.

I want better information, and those things I mentioned..
I want a chart which for example shows me where the trades have been, is resistance and support levels.
I think TradingView has those. Are they on MT4/5? Q1
Help - I don't know where the interface comes between the Charting and the Broker. ie MT4 and MT5 are just charting, right? Q6 I gather MT5 is the one to use for stocks.

TradingView charting is £12 or so a month if I read it right, but you still need a broker. Is that right? Q5

I've looked a bit at eToro, which looks Noddy and has costs despite what they say. Their EFT version of UK stocks is free of the 0.5% tax, though spreads are wider that T212's on INV. Some awful spreads on US stocks.
Avatrade which is weak for stocks -. Their own charting is pants, but they can use MT4/MT5.
Pepperstone which looks very good but again weak for stocks.

The idea of copytrading appeals, as I'm a noob.
Algotrading too - I 've done some programming.

Do the main brokers supply , say. the upcoming Orders (Puts, Calls, Options) info routinely, or is it extra cost? Q2

Spreads - some say fixed , some are Variable. I see how my spreads expand and contract depending on the price action. Is that a fuction of the exchange or the platform??Q3

So I'm looking for a Daytrading focused arrangement.
Is there a broker which is low fees on UK stock but provides TSL and Shorting and no/low swap rates? Q4
Their sites don't tend to tell you that sort of thing. eToro didn't even understand the question.

Then a broker with low spreads on a wide range of world stocks (mainly US) but uses a good charting (MT5 or ...?)? Q8
I've read a lot here, but there is more to go. If these have been answered, a link would be great.

If anyone can have a go at any of those Qs I'd be most grateful!