Is Crypto Mining Popularity Declining Yet?

Nowler

Experienced member
Hey folks!

Is Crypto mining declining in popularity yet?

I need a new computer and would like to scratch an itch I have and build my own desktop. Only problem is, crypto miners have dramatically increased the price tag being put on GPU's.

Before, building your own computer was cheaper, but not now...

Hey folks!

Is Crypto mining declining in popularity yet?

I need a new computer and would like to scratch an itch I have and build my own desktop. Only problem is, crypto miners have dramatically increased the price tag being put on GPU's.

Before, building your own computer was cheaper, but not now...

It is decreasing in popularity yes.
But then again Crypto is.

Yeah, I agree. GPUs are still really expensive. I am planning on building my own desktop and it's painful to see the prices of these GPUs. I'm hoping to get at least a GTX 1070 to be able to play most games.

This is the all-time Bitcoin hashrate/hash power used:
A2xSX9W.png

and this is in the last year:
yZDb8Tk.png

So nope, it's not declining in popularity. For sure everyone outside of the crypto-world will say so, since it's in a bear market at the moment.

I guess we are just losing people who started mining in the last year, thinking it was a get rich guaranteed scheme.

I think that it depends on chosen coin and several more factors. For example, it might be not profitable to mine bitcoin on your own because you won’t have any chances against big pools that specializes on it. Besides, it’s almost impossible to mine crypto with common laptop or PC and special equipment is very expensive. As for electricity bills, prices of it may vary in dependence of miner’s location. So it’s quite possible that hardware mining’s popularity is decreasing. Instead, we can see numerous cloud mining companies that offering different contracts.

Crypto Mining

Mining is a process which requires a heavy investment. I don't think that mining any cryptocurrency with the help of a basic computer is possible these days. You will need high-performance hardware(system) that is capable of evaluating multiple(quintillion) hashes per second. High-performance systems are not that cheap, firstly they are costly and require a considerable amount of space to set up. So now the decision depends on you whether you are ready to invest heavily or not.