Is Crypto Mining Popularity Declining Yet?

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.

Nowler

Sep 13, 2017
Hey folks!

Is Crypto mining declining in popularity yet?

I need a new computer and would like to scratch an itch I have and build my own desktop. Only problem is, crypto miners have dramatically increased the price tag being put on GPU's.

Before, building your own computer was cheaper, but not now...

Jan 12, 2018
Hey folks!

Is Crypto mining declining in popularity yet?

I need a new computer and would like to scratch an itch I have and build my own desktop. Only problem is, crypto miners have dramatically increased the price tag being put on GPU's.

Before, building your own computer was cheaper, but not now...
It is decreasing in popularity yes.
But then again Crypto is.

bloc10

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah, I agree. GPUs are still really expensive. I am planning on building my own desktop and it's painful to see the prices of these GPUs. I'm hoping to get at least a GTX 1070 to be able to play most games.

Aug 28, 2018
This is the all-time Bitcoin hashrate/hash power used:

and this is in the last year:

So nope, it's not declining in popularity. For sure everyone outside of the crypto-world will say so, since it's in a bear market at the moment.

bitges

Jul 9, 2018
I think that it depends on chosen coin and several more factors. For example, it might be not profitable to mine bitcoin on your own because you won’t have any chances against big pools that specializes on it. Besides, it’s almost impossible to mine crypto with common laptop or PC and special equipment is very expensive. As for electricity bills, prices of it may vary in dependence of miner’s location. So it’s quite possible that hardware mining’s popularity is decreasing. Instead, we can see numerous cloud mining companies that offering different contracts.

Oct 13, 2018
Crypto Mining

Mining is a process which requires a heavy investment. I don't think that mining any cryptocurrency with the help of a basic computer is possible these days. You will need high-performance hardware(system) that is capable of evaluating multiple(quintillion) hashes per second. High-performance systems are not that cheap, firstly they are costly and require a considerable amount of space to set up. So now the decision depends on you whether you are ready to invest heavily or not.