Is anyone familiar Andrew Mitchem - the forex trading coach? online forex course

Ok lighten up everyone, no need to take this forum ****e so seriously. lolz. Anybody that spends any amount of time on a forum is spending time with losers. Is it time well spent?? Probably not. So to you Mr Wilder, I think we have you over a barrel.

mmmm, first post after doing some due diligence with this.

Only really one comment as it will obviously be met with derision by the ones who love nothing more to hate.

I have spent, no. Wasted my time reading this thread and noticed a lot of haters who were stopped when some trades came out. Then the hating continued and more demands for more from Andrew. He provides 2 accounts and haters stop until a few pick something up and the hating and discrediting continues.

One question. In 43 pages - has there been one person who has posted saying that they have paid for Andrews services and been unhappy??

Oh, there was one, but Andrew asked who he was as he did not think he was a subscriber to his services and that stopped. The guy was obviously muckraking and not a subscriber.

While carrying out my due diligence, I asked for some real people that I could talk to about his methods. I was given contact details and have spoken to them and am quite satasfied after talking to them.

If I had joined up and was stung, surely, I would be venting my frustration wherever I could.

A few have said that the indis are available on the net for free. Yes they would be. The path to a rich is also available on the net, but you have to do it the right way. Same with the indi's. You have to interpret all the info in the right way to turn it into a workeable method. Why else do two people using the same entry signals get different results?? Signals/indis are only part of the whole picture. Money management, trade management and psychology are at least equal to entry strategy.

Now I am going too far off topic. I'll return if there is something to warn others, but other than that, I don't need hate in my life (my ex gives me enough), so I will prefer to be attached to a useful community of traders than a group of haters.

Good luck. You are going to need it. You're spending too much time hating and not enough time trading / learning to trade guys.

Only really one comment as it will obviously be met with derision by the ones who love nothing more to hate.

I have spent, no. Wasted my time reading this thread and noticed a lot of haters who were stopped when some trades came out. Then the hating continued and more demands for more from Andrew. He provides 2 accounts and haters stop until a few pick something up and the hating and discrediting continues.

One question. In 43 pages - has there been one person who has posted saying that they have paid for Andrews services and been unhappy??

Oh, there was one, but Andrew asked who he was as he did not think he was a subscriber to his services and that stopped. The guy was obviously muckraking and not a subscriber.

While carrying out my due diligence, I asked for some real people that I could talk to about his methods. I was given contact details and have spoken to them and am quite satasfied after talking to them.

If I had joined up and was stung, surely, I would be venting my frustration wherever I could.

A few have said that the indis are available on the net for free. Yes they would be. The path to a rich is also available on the net, but you have to do it the right way. Same with the indi's. You have to interpret all the info in the right way to turn it into a workeable method. Why else do two people using the same entry signals get different results?? Signals/indis are only part of the whole picture. Money management, trade management and psychology are at least equal to entry strategy.

Now I am going too far off topic. I'll return if there is something to warn others, but other than that, I don't need hate in my life (my ex gives me enough), so I will prefer to be attached to a useful community of traders than a group of haters.

Good luck. You are going to need it. You're spending too much time hating and not enough time trading / learning to trade guys.

so you are a happy subscriber to this course?

No,
As I said, I am currently doing my due diligence, as any person should do. But I am not going in to it with a closed mind and shutting him down because people who do not know him or have not used his methods decide he is a scam.

Noticed this as well Forex Guarantee Video - YouTube

Which he guarantees that if you simply do his daily recommendations, which takes minutes a day, and you do not make 20% over the course of 12 months, he will refund 100% of the course cost.

I don't want to get nasty or personal at all, but your post does show what has happened in this thread. People are reading what they want to read, and dismissing the other information which could qualify a persons statement.

Also, he showed trades which was a 60% or so win rate and people were saying "is that all" and that he should be able to do better as a pro. However, those did not understand the concept of reward to risk ratio's. I must admit though, I believe you pointed that out to them.

Yes of course you are correct. There are a lot of haters which is a bad thing. But there is a lot of frustration amongst traders; those who are struggling and those who trade well, but see the trading industry for what it is. It's very easy to be critical and non-objective. The problem with the industry and hence its success that people are like sheep and onlky want to see and hear what they want to see and hear. Then they are easily dissappointed when it does not work out. If people learnt to see and hear differently then they would know what knowledge they need to gain to make trading a success.

Before you do any trading course, get yourself a copy of Van Tharp's 'Trade your way to financial freedom'. There's a free copy on the web.

Friendly Advice: If you spend $2.5K on Mitchem's course after reading this book then you are an absolute muppet.:)

No,
As I said, I am currently doing my due diligence, as any person should do. But I am not going in to it with a closed mind and shutting him down because people who do not know him or have not used his methods decide he is a scam.

Noticed this as well Forex Guarantee Video - YouTube

Which he guarantees that if you simply do his daily recommendations, which takes minutes a day, and you do not make 20% over the course of 12 months, he will refund 100% of the course cost.

I don't want to get nasty or personal at all, but your post does show what has happened in this thread. People are reading what they want to read, and dismissing the other information which could qualify a persons statement.

Also, he showed trades which was a 60% or so win rate and people were saying "is that all" and that he should be able to do better as a pro. However, those did not understand the concept of reward to risk ratio's. I must admit though, I believe you pointed that out to them.

well why not just be happy with your own dd and just go ahead and cough up the subs fees and be done with it, you obveously think it's good value.

don't mind the rest of us that believe it's way overpriced and at it's core a freebie method that he's dressed up.

When you first started to learn to drive, I am sure you had an idea what an accelerator was, a brake, the steering wheel and the basics.
However, you have a person sitting next to you to help you put all those basics together and assist you to become competent at driving.
You could become competent in time by yourself for free by studying it all, and applying what you studied to the driving of the car, breaking a few in the process, but in the end, you would learn.
Having someone in the passenger seat helping you reduces the likelyhood of breaking the car and accelerates your learning to the point of becoming independant.

I still am not saying that Andrews course is worth it or not, but a person who baulks at investing $2k in their own education to accelerate their competence is not looking at the bigger picture.

Say you have $10k to use for trading and you invest $2k in education. My belief is that if you use the right sort of training, that $2k can be very well spent. You become efficient and confident much sooner and start to realise some real gains. While sorting through the plethora of free info, you do not know what to use. You, initially are incompetent, and it will take time to establish some level of competence. You get enough competence to work out what type of trading methods resonate with you and by the time you learn that, test it, become proficient with it etc, the other trader who took on a mentor is already streets ahead of you in both knowledge and profits.

Now, I have been in forex for over 3 years - as you can see by the join date (although I haven't posted). It took me a year to get over the wanting to be in a trade and learning that scalping may not actually be for me. I then spent 6 months learning a method with a mentor and then started to go live. That was November '11. I have continued receiving mentorship learning my chosen method of trading (I use VSA techniques) to the point of feeling somewhat competent with the method.

However, I want to have more than one string in my trading toolbox and that is why I am also looking further afield.

Hope you guys take that the right way as I do intend not to purposely offend as it simply is not useful for anyone. I also do not want to seem all high and mighty. I think I have simply offered an alternate opinion to the majority of others on this thread. Probably should have left it alone as nobody was on it for quite a few months

When you first started to learn to drive, I am sure you had an idea what an accelerator was, a brake, the steering wheel and the basics.
However, you have a person sitting next to you to help you put all those basics together and assist you to become competent at driving.
You could become competent in time by yourself for free by studying it all, and applying what you studied to the driving of the car, breaking a few in the process, but in the end, you would learn.
Having someone in the passenger seat helping you reduces the likelyhood of breaking the car and accelerates your learning to the point of becoming independant.

I still am not saying that Andrews course is worth it or not, but a person who baulks at investing $2k in their own education to accelerate their competence is not looking at the bigger picture.

Say you have $10k to use for trading and you invest $2k in education. My belief is that if you use the right sort of training, that $2k can be very well spent. You become efficient and confident much sooner and start to realise some real gains. While sorting through the plethora of free info, you do not know what to use. You, initially are incompetent, and it will take time to establish some level of competence. You get enough competence to work out what type of trading methods resonate with you and by the time you learn that, test it, become proficient with it etc, the other trader who took on a mentor is already streets ahead of you in both knowledge and profits.

Now, I have been in forex for over 3 years - as you can see by the join date (although I haven't posted). It took me a year to get over the wanting to be in a trade and learning that scalping may not actually be for me. I then spent 6 months learning a method with a mentor and then started to go live. That was November '11. I have continued receiving mentorship learning my chosen method of trading (I use VSA techniques) to the point of feeling somewhat competent with the method.

However, I want to have more than one string in my trading toolbox and that is why I am also looking further afield.

Hope you guys take that the right way as I do intend not to purposely offend as it simply is not useful for anyone. I also do not want to seem all high and mighty. I think I have simply offered an alternate opinion to the majority of others on this thread. Probably should have left it alone as nobody was on it for quite a few months

I smell BS. I'd say you were lying to yourself. The bottom line is you do not feel confident within yourself otherwise you would take what you learned already and be making steady money with it. You are seeking the holy grail when actually the only grail you need to discover is within yourself (in non BS terms that means not caring about wins/losses but just following your plan/ being disciplined,).

Look, the bottom line is, trading entry and all the hocus pocus analysis is worth didly squat if you do not have your money management completely wrapped up and focused (the boring stuff of trading that everyone ignores).

What's your expectancy with the vsa method? How does you MM maximise the potential of that approach? Have you journalled your last 3 years trading/learning in detail? I'm guessing you don't know and have been running around in circles trying out this and that entry technique and Mitchem's is the next thing you will try.

I expect Mitchem will have some of the 'need to know' discipline money management stuff wrapped up for you in his course but why pay $2.5K for it when you can get that info for free and apply it straight away? It's not a scret but chart time research is required -which is why many don't bother.

I'm also guessing that you feel that someone else has all the answers for you and if you follow the 'safe' advice of someone else instead of thinking for yourself, you will succeed. Given the majority of the crowd are losers, you need to appreciate your own ability to think and be unique. Jumping from system to system, mentor to mentor just pushes aside your own ability to figure it out for yourself, ie the real reason thats stopping you from making profits. It's human nature to seek this information outside of yourself (and given most people are lazy and would rather be spoon fed), which is why many continue to fail and trading education is big business.

Recent FPA testimonial states:

"Am I getting help from a real trader - yes , and probably one of the best around. One of the best money/risk management systems I've seen, a positive risk to reward ratio that so many talk about but so few are able to implement with discipline. His method teaches us how to be consistently profitable without having excessive draw down periods and the expectation of at least 20% return of investment pa.
If your trading a thousand dollar account then you might say 20% isn't good enough but if you read about the wall street wizards you'll realize that Andrews up there with the best. When you hear about a trader making twenty million a year, there's a good chance his starting capital was at least one hundred million, so don't be disillusioned into thinking that this isn't a great trader. Trading is a business, if you don't have the start up capital then prove yourself and get investors or even a loan. "

The problem with this statement is that larger traders ("wall street wizards") have to deal with liquidity issues which forex retail traders don't have, unless you are trading a huge account - not likely with a forex broker. It's like comparing a freight lorry with a moped. You would have thought such a basic understanding about liquidity would have been taught by such a well respected 5 FPA star rated 'professional' trader such as Andrew. It seems not when his students come out with such nonsense, and then demonstrate their very lack of understanding to 'sell' his course to others!

Recent FPA testimonial states:

"Am I getting help from a real trader - yes , and probably one of the best around. One of the best money/risk management systems I've seen, a positive risk to reward ratio that so many talk about but so few are able to implement with discipline. His method teaches us how to be consistently profitable without having excessive draw down periods and the expectation of at least 20% return of investment pa.
If your trading a thousand dollar account then you might say 20% isn't good enough but if you read about the wall street wizards you'll realize that Andrews up there with the best. When you hear about a trader making twenty million a year, there's a good chance his starting capital was at least one hundred million, so don't be disillusioned into thinking that this isn't a great trader. Trading is a business, if you don't have the start up capital then prove yourself and get investors or even a loan. "

The problem with this statement is that larger traders ("wall street wizards") have to deal with liquidity issues which forex retail traders don't have, unless you are trading a huge account - not likely with a forex broker. It's like comparing a freight lorry with a moped. You would have thought such a basic understanding about liquidity would have been taught by such a well respected 5 FPA star rated 'professional' trader such as Andrew. It seems not when his students come out with such nonsense, and then demonstrate their very lack of understanding to 'sell' his course to others!

My apologies to Mr Porkpie and associates. I have experienced Andrew Mitchem in action and he is a fraud.

Reason why you call him a fraud?

Reason? You know the reason. Maybe he's not a fraud. Maybe it's par for the course in the fx mentorship industry. I'm just a naïve dolt. I fell for it. What's worse is I kept taking his dopey daily trade recs, you know churn while you learn, just losing and losing amidst claims of fantastic trading profits. Trust me. Following his lead is like being waterboarded. Check out his dopey forum on Peace Army. Stinks of fakery. "Thanks for the help, Andrew!" "We had some fantastic trades yesterday." If I told you I took all his 20 trades today and have 1 winner and 10 losers with others waiting their sure demise. If they go well he'll chalk 'em up. If they bomb he'll claim to have closed out before the weekend. Then he'll cherrypick the one winner to boast about. Hey, Alligator, how come 11 posts, all this thread. Specialist?

Sorry to hear that WW. Part of the learning process unfortunately. I expect most successful retail traders have been stung like this to begin with. Don't lose heart. There are some great 'sharing' websites out there where you can get some quality information and ideas to get you thinking about trading and clear a path in your mind to start a fresh. Not all information that can be bought is bad. The best info I have found has been relatively inexpensive or free. It's creating your OWN trading plan, letting it evolve with meticulous documentation as you trade it, so that you can learn from your experiences with which to improve. A plan of your own ideas and ideas of others, into one trading plan helps you take on ownership of it and with that responsibility for your learning by trading it. Less easier than being spoon-fed but you will be more enriched by it in the long term, and greater likelihood of success. But the learning never stops, every trading day or every trade is a learning experience that must be documented and reviewed to keep you checked and balanced and improving. So start as you will need to go on. Don't rely on anyone else.

Reason? You know the reason. Maybe he's not a fraud. Maybe it's par for the course in the fx mentorship industry. I'm just a naïve dolt. I fell for it. What's worse is I kept taking his dopey daily trade recs, you know churn while you learn, just losing and losing amidst claims of fantastic trading profits. Trust me. Following his lead is like being waterboarded. Check out his dopey forum on Peace Army. Stinks of fakery. "Thanks for the help, Andrew!" "We had some fantastic trades yesterday." If I told you I took all his 20 trades today and have 1 winner and 10 losers with others waiting their sure demise. If they go well he'll chalk 'em up. If they bomb he'll claim to have closed out before the weekend. Then he'll cherrypick the one winner to boast about. Hey, Alligator, how come 11 posts, all this thread. Specialist?

That's what you'll get if you just follow someone else recommendation, different risk profile/psychology, couple of losing trades can easily break you down because you don't have the confidence of the strategy. Doesn't mean tat he's a fraud or he's strategy is not working. My advice is if you have bought the course, stick to it, talk to andrew and have a go at least a year or backtest his strategy and see how you come up. Just trying to be objective here :)

That's what you'll get if you just follow someone else recommendation, different risk profile/psychology, couple of losing trades can easily break you down because you don't have the confidence of the strategy.

You're absolutely correct that you need to find someone who shares your risk profile /psychology. People's tolerances to risk can be completely different and what might be a good trading plan/strategy for one person, doesn't work for another.