Is anyone familiar Andrew Mitchem - the forex trading coach? online forex course

Yup, I do agree you can learn it for free, i was once think like that but there's just too many information out there. How do you put it all together?

some people just need a mentor/coach to help them out, to put it all together and the most important thing is to give you confidence.

I don't see any comment from unhappy clients, maybe i miss out, can you help me out?

first off, no i'm not linking to the thread of what on the surface looks like an unhappy client. the main reason i'm not linking is it just perpetuates said links. the thread in question is the most spammy link infested out there. as a pointer, go look at the anything goes, any link allowed, donnaforex ;)

putting it all together? there's not a lot to put together here. ok there is a lot of added stuff going on i expect. if so, it looks added fluff for glitzy ad purposes. judging from andrews trades on this thread, i don't believe andrews actually using anything other than set out below.

so basically

1. identify trend.

2. draw three lines representing entry, stop and exit on a chart based off support and resistance or fibbinaci, whichever takes your fancy.

3. enter pending orders based off the three lines you draw.

that's it, and you need help with that??? at the high cost???? oh dear :cry:

there's a variation on 2. the breakout. i believe this is peddled as an added bonus? though it's basically the same thing rehashed.

this method, and variations of it is in the public domain. and has been out there on the interwebs way before andrew's site first appears.

i have no time for charts at this time. will post those up asap, as they will easily convey the methodology.

It doesnt exist. Its a simple as this,if someone had a system that consistently worked without emotion involved,I and every trader on here would follow it.
EAs and automated are mainly seasonal.

you stated "without emotion" not me. perhaps i should have emphasised that copying someones signals could be LESS emotional than staring at charts all day looking for setups for your own strategy.

sorry you lost me a little (although its not particularly relevant), am interested how you know EAs/automated are 'mainly seasonal'? are you privy to the rules of mainly all of them? and please can you elaborate why an EA wld be seasonal? from my experience TA (which ppl do code to create automated system) works all year round, but i guess your not talking about TA?

thanks.

you stated "without emotion" not me. perhaps i should have emphasised that copying someones signals could be LESS emotional than staring at charts all day looking for setups for your own strategy.

sorry you lost me a little (although its not particularly relevant), am interested how you know EAs/automated are 'mainly seasonal'? are you privy to the rules of mainly all of them? and please can you elaborate why an EA wld be seasonal? from my experience TA (which ppl do code to create automated system) works all year round, but i guess your not talking about TA?

thanks.

Sure you can copy someones signals on zulu,there are some good providers,but I thought we were talking about trading.Sorry I may not have completely read all the relevant posts. I was just stating that most automated systems do not work in time.They work for a period of time and an EA if not automated still relies on the emotion of the trader

Sure you can copy someones signals on zulu,there are some good providers,but I thought we were talking about trading.Sorry I may not have completely read all the relevant posts. I was just stating that most automated systems do not work in time.They work for a period of time and an EA if not automated still relies on the emotion of the trader

yep i understand your never gonna get rid of all emotions, even if your copying someones signals you will be open to emotions when seeing price in profit - do i cut early etc. i dont think i explained myself v well, was just trying to put myself into a gullible persons shoes & work out why they wld end up paying so much for something which as its well known is freely available.

i was surprised andrew mitchem actually did provide live calls though. but cannot see how one can guesstimate his strategy based on just those calls.

but cannot see how one can guesstimate his strategy based on just those calls.

rather than post pics of random methodology examples, as i was going to. i shall use the trade calls in the thread. good idea rsh (y)

if you can't see it yet, you will kick yourself when you do. no, really.

rather than post pics of random methodology examples, as i was going to. i shall use the trade calls in the thread. good idea rsh (y)

if you can't see it yet, you will kick yourself when you do. no, really.
As previously stated earlier in the thread:
1. Oscillator indicator; he uses stochastic. then apply divergences; hidden or regular. you find an auto divergence tool on the web. You can also use RSI or MACD.
2. Candlestick patterns for locating Pin Bars, Inside Bars, Outside Bars. Auto candle sticks are available on the web.
3.Bollinger bands, on your MT4 platform
4. daily, weekly, monthly pivots
5. Fibonacci retracement and extensions use to forecast support and resistance
6. Price support and resistance, horizontal and diagonal trendlines
7. fund your FX broker's account with 2k you saved for not buying Michem's course.
8. Trade with a micro lots 10c per pip, use only between 20 to 40 pips stoploss. Take profit at 2:1 or more
9. Journal and print ALL your trades, or better start an online blog
10. Trading plan: plot support and resistance on your chart by using above, 4,5 and 6. when the price comes to your zone and you have confirming Bollinger bands upper or lower bands,pin bar,outside bars,inside bars, and you see divergence on your oscillator i.e. stochastics, the you have an opportunity to sell or buy.

Bollinger Bands
Outside Bars/engulfing candles/dojis/ Hammers/Pinbars
Daily Pivots
SR
Stochastics (Divergence) 5,3,3
Round Numbers
Fib Levels./projections
And a large dose of bull****

From his daily trade calls it looks simpler. Identify a hammer/pin or outside bar on daily. Is it with the trend or against? Is it at the upper bollinger (sell) or lower (buy). Bar must correspond to position in bollinger (eg outside bullish bar at lower bollinger - buy). If you have stochastic divergence in your favour then get ready to send Andrew that lick&rse testimonial and start dreaming of your life of riches. Then draw fib levels from high low on this bar and wait for a pull back to 38.2 area for entry. Stop placed between 61.8-78.6 - place behind a pivot level or round number if poss (the more confluence the merrier - same with entry look for confluence around that 38.2). Targets are an extension of the fib levels drawn so just copy it (extend it) as is (its length), from the top of the signal candle for buy or bottom for sell, and target 50% fib area. (good job I'm not a member of Andrew's clan otherwise he'll be gunning me for $500,000 for leaking this as expressed in his terms and conditions - big hearty sh1tmyself lulz).

Last edited:
Here is an example of one of his trade calls.
EUR/CAD - Sell @ 1.3195 S/L @ 1.3230 T/P @ 1.3126
The green lines are his entry prices (or there abouts). Note how they correspond to fib levels. (ignore pink lines - thats my sunday candle indi).

Attachments

• mitchem example.jpg
    mitchem example.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 917
Last edited:
no no mr pie, it's far simpler than that, once i've posted the charts all will become clear.

imv all the added stochastic, macd, rsi divergences, bollinger bands, candlestick patterns, pivot points are as i've said, added fluff, to pad out a basic methodology in an attempt to make it his own, these additions prob to make it look pretty, in an attempt to add value to the course. nobody in there right mind will pay +2k for 3 lines, would they?? it's free! :D

the charts i'll be posting (when i get round to it lol) will consist of 3 lines only, no added fluff, none whatsoever. the basis of the strategy works off price action only and needs little else to operate. other than maybe a stout heart to believe :D

first of all let's remind ourselves of the trades.

Trades for Thursday 2nd February 2012

GBP/JPY - Buy @ 120.50 S/L @ 119.95 T/P @ 121.72

AUD/JPY - Buy @ 81.42 S/L @ 80.95 T/P @ 82.59

These trades were posted by 5:30pm EST (New York Time) on Wednesday 1st Feb USA time, just after the close of the D1 candle.

These trades are always set as pending limit orders so you do not need to be at your computer at any set time to take the trades. If the trade has not filled within 24 hours I delete the trade.

pic is the first trade gbpjpy. green line is entry, blue is exit and red the stop. oh and i've added a fourth, for illustative purposes, a black line showing trend.

9138-lightning-mcqueen-albums-charts-picture2620-gbpjpy-pic1.jpg

ok that trade went well. a little stutter in the middle, but the trade is with the trend, we are saved and goes on to be a winner.

but hey, have you looked where the lines are drawn from? let's zoom out and take a peek.

9138-lightning-mcqueen-albums-charts-picture2622-gbpjpy-pic2.jpg

so here we can clearly see a method in action. picking out areas of price turning points and congestion, that requires little in the way of fluff or added extras to set pending orders.

cost: free.

venue: on the interwebs.

this post comes to you chuck norris approved

9138-lightning-mcqueen-albums-charts-picture45t-chuck-approved-charts.jpg

Bog standrad SR. He could be using that also but judging from his website and his shpill of what he uses (and my insiders info), he has to be pretty skilled to be consistently lining up the fibs with those SR levels fpr every trade,epsecially as his indicators give off audio alerts for possible entry each time. I'm sticking to my fibo confluence - place yer bets ladies and gentleman, pul..ease.. But I agree the SR and price action is more effective alone- this takes experience which you cannot buy.

Last edited:
Hey Beauh, disciple of Andrew and affiliate profiteer, I see you checking the thread out right now, perhaps you could let us know who is the closest - Simple SR, or the heavy combo-fluence??

Hey Beauh, disciple of Andrew and affiliate profiteer, I see you checking the thread out right now, perhaps you could let us know who is the closest - Simple SR, or the heavy combo-fluence??

Who cares any more

Andrew Mitchum has been caught out posting a trading statement that is blatantly fraudulent. It is dated 1st January 1970 (which is FORTY TWO (42) YEARS ago and before the Euro was even in existence) !
He is obviously a fraud who is prepared to post fake statements

As has been said earlier, Andrew Mitchum, has no real forex experience and cannot demonstrate ANY long term successful trading.

He has NO magical system. He is just another run-of-the-mill internet marketer who has jumped onto bandwagon of using Forex as his marketing hook

There's a sucker ripped off every day. If you buy anything from this Andrew Mitchem fellow, then today is your day.

Who cares any more

Andrew Mitchum has been caught out posting a trading statement that is blatantly fraudulent. It is dated 1st January 1970 (which is FORTY TWO (42) YEARS ago and before the Euro was even in existence) !

As has been said earlier, Andrew Mitchum, has no real forex experience and cannot demonstrate ANY long term successful trading.

He has NO magical system. He is just another run-of-the-mill internet marketer who has jumped onto bandwagon of using Forex as his marketing hook

There's a sucker ripped off every day. If you buy anything from this Andrew Mitchem fellow, then today is your day.

his excuse of teaching was to *sharpen his skills* :LOL:

This has been a really interesting read so far - let's summarise where we're up to - I might miss some bits, but bear with me:
1. Someone asked a good question: Who's Andrew Mitchem
2. Responses from: 'Andrew's a fat knacker' to 'Can't be any good' and 'if you put your car up here'... some where actually funny, others not so much (leaning towards abusive).
3. Those who know Andrew and who have profited from Andrew joined in to defend Andrew, because they know he's a good and genuine guy - maybe not a great idea to put affiliate links here, but the intent was to defend rather than profit from
4. Those people were ridiculed and/or shooed away
5. Andrew joined in, he's worked hard helping people profit from Forex, and wanted to stand front and centre to answered sensible questions
6. Andrew then started to post a sample of his daily trades (that he shared with his clients) to attempt to add value to the question 'who is Andrew'
7. People where thankful and appreciative that for the first time in a very long time, a Trader and Teacher of Forex put his nuts on the line
8. More comments came that weren't so constructive/professional/whatever you want to term them
9. Andrew moved away from this forum because the non-constructive conversations - he really did want to add value which is why he brought his nuts
10. other conversations happened, I skipped a few pages (sorry)
11. Lightning McQueen & Porkpie worked through some of his methods and explained them (which look like you guys know what you're talking about - good stuff)
12. Shewolf latched on to a typo in a spreadsheet and labelled Andrew as a fraud (Andrew is a full time trader Shewolf - assume you've looked at his site?: theforextradingcoach.com)
13. Alphadude jumped in - to be able to teach something does mean you have to get pretty good at it, otherwise you'll get found out really quickly - The raft of 5 star Forex Peace Army ratings would cover that one (it's taken Andrew a number of years to put together the steps that work after losing money himself (like most others do when they go on the forex journey), for others to now profit with))
14. And I've probably missed some bits, but I was curious enough to email sharky and ask him his perspective on the quality he wants for Trade2Win as a forum to help people with forex trading.

Now let's think about this for a second:

What's your purpose of being in Trade2Win?

to help people profit with trading for their long term benefit?

Excluding the HOW we do it for the moment: If we can educate more people to use Forex to build wealth, would we all be happy?

Whilst I agree with Lightning and Porkie, everything you've shared is on the internet - you guys know its there - you guys have spent X years learning Forex? (you replace the X, sorry I've not checked your profiles or websites on trading)

We'll all likely agree too that if you pick any topic, you'll find almost every answer on the internet today.

But the valuable information is how to piece everything together, to make it all work together, to be profitable.

That's what Andrew's done for his video course and his clients.

How many people do you know who are paying thousands to other Forex teachers and then slamming them on forex peace army (or similar)? Those same people have the same internet answers in front of them too, but they either don't know it's there, or haven't figured out what works for them.

Andrew's system is a step by step how to, to use a number of Forex methods for continual profitable trading, in a packaged format.

Those who invest in Andrew's course, and who follow his steps, profit. A number of those who've learnt from Andrew are today full time forex traders who've given up their 'day jobs' and have a new life, all from Andrew teaching them.

I know most of you will have visited his website, and perhaps even downloaded his Lot Size Calculator that he's spent thousands to develop and now gives away for free - when you sign up for that, you'll get emails with additional testimonials (on top of the video ones on his site) and stories and his experience - his journey if you will - of how he's lost money learning it, and now those who choose to, can follow his steps and profit.

Geeze, this is getting to be a long message isn't it?

Everyone's learning style is different too - some people will want to hunt around the internet, learn each of the steps, spend hours/weeks/months getting better (whilst losing money as they go). If someone wants to do that, that's their choice too.

I know a lot of people want to buy packaged products (I've brought a lot in the past to help fast-track my own learning - not in Forex, but in other topics), and let me ask you - how many packaged products are out there that do NOT deliver a profit?

How much money or time have you spent learning Forex?

I'm curious to know this (you don't have to answer here, just to yourself): If you'd have paid $2K at the start of your journey, and profited quicker, how much more would you have today in your Forex account (with or without compounding, that's your call)?

If the answer was 'yes I would have more', then would you recommend someone new to forex follows this? Or someone who's spent thousands over months or years and are still losing, pay this to start profiting?

Something else different too:

Did you know too that between 26/12/11 and 1/1/12 Andrew offered his product with a money back guarantee? If people do not make minimum 20% with their trades using his system, he'll give them a full refund (after 12 months).

There's some more nuts being laid on the table.

He did that because he is confident of his past trading experience. He has 2 years audited results, and from those (which if you put them against the top trading company's in the US, his results rank approx #5). I don't have the spreadsheet to hand, but can get it from Andrew to give you exacts there. I'm not making this up by the way before I'm called a fraud, I've seen this one myself.

Remember for all of us, It's all about aiming for longterm wealth with Forex - whether for ourselves, or to help others - Andrew helps individuals get there in a quick way, with steps and tools.

That's the longest message I've written in a long time about someone else, and you guys know a lot more about forex than I do, but I know I spent the past 7 years with my money in a share group, and lost 9% in 7 years. My money is now in Forex thanks to Andrew.

Though I didn't jump in straight away, I watched Andrew for 3 months from inside his office - the way he worked, the way others were profiting, to know that I could trust him with my money.

If you want to know who I am, my website is here: Jamie McKean - I couldn't think of a whitty code name sorry, hence username: jamiemckean - I live 10 minutes from Andrew in New Zealand.

I class Andrew as a friend. He's a very genuine guy, and hugely passionate about helping people profit with Forex.

If you have any questions for Andrew, please email him at: [email protected] or visit his website, and ring his phone number, which is on the top left of his website header.

Constructive conversations very welcome, knackers not so much.

Cheers,
Jamie

This has been a really interesting read so far - let's summarise where we're up to - I might miss some bits, but bear with me:
2. Responses from: 'Andrew's a fat knacker' to 'Can't be any good' and 'if you put your car up here'... some where actually funny, others not so much (leaning towards abusive).
3. Those who know Andrew and who have profited from Andrew joined in to defend Andrew, because they know he's a good and genuine guy - maybe not a great idea to put affiliate links here, but the intent was to defend rather than profit from
5. Andrew joined in, he's worked hard helping people profit from Forex, and wanted to stand front and centre to answered sensible questions
6. Andrew then started to post a sample of his daily trades (that he shared with his clients) to attempt to add value to the question 'who is Andrew'
7. People where thankful and appreciative that for the first time in a very long time, a Trader and Teacher of Forex put his nuts on the line
8. More comments came that weren't so constructive/professional/whatever you want to term them
9. Andrew moved away from this forum because the non-constructive conversations - he really did want to add value which is why he brought his nuts
11. Lightning McQueen & Porkpie worked through some of his methods and explained them (which look like you guys know what you're talking about - good stuff)
12. Shewolf latched on to a typo in a spreadsheet and labelled Andrew as a fraud (Andrew is a full time trader Shewolf - assume you've looked at his site?: theforextradingcoach.com)
13. Alphadude jumped in - to be able to teach something does mean you have to get pretty good at it, otherwise you'll get found out really quickly - The raft of 5 star Forex Peace Army ratings would cover that one (it's taken Andrew a number of years to put together the steps that work after losing money himself (like most others do when they go on the forex journey), for others to now profit with))
14. And I've probably missed some bits, but I was curious enough to email sharky and ask him his perspective on the quality he wants for Trade2Win as a forum to help people with forex trading.

Excluding the HOW we do it for the moment: If we can educate more people to use Forex to build wealth, would we all be happy?

Whilst I agree with Lightning and Porkie, everything you've shared is on the internet - you guys know its there - you guys have spent X years learning Forex? (you replace the X, sorry I've not checked your profiles or websites on trading)

We'll all likely agree too that if you pick any topic, you'll find almost every answer on the internet today.

But the valuable information is how to piece everything together, to make it all work together, to be profitable.

How many people do you know who are paying thousands to other Forex teachers and then slamming them on forex peace army (or similar)? Those same people have the same internet answers in front of them too, but they either don't know it's there, or haven't figured out what works for them.

Andrew's system is a step by step how to, to use a number of Forex methods for continual profitable trading, in a packaged format.

Those who invest in Andrew's course, and who follow his steps, profit. A number of those who've learnt from Andrew are today full time forex traders who've given up their 'day jobs' and have a new life, all from Andrew teaching them.

I know most of you will have visited his website, and perhaps even downloaded his Lot Size Calculator that he's spent thousands to develop and now gives away for free - when you sign up for that, you'll get emails with additional testimonials (on top of the video ones on his site) and stories and his experience - his journey if you will - of how he's lost money learning it, and now those who choose to, can follow his steps and profit.

Everyone's learning style is different too - some people will want to hunt around the internet, learn each of the steps, spend hours/weeks/months getting better (whilst losing money as they go). If someone wants to do that, that's their choice too.

I know a lot of people want to buy packaged products (I've brought a lot in the past to help fast-track my own learning - not in Forex, but in other topics), and let me ask you - how many packaged products are out there that do NOT deliver a profit?

I'm curious to know this (you don't have to answer here, just to yourself): If you'd have paid $2K at the start of your journey, and profited quicker, how much more would you have today in your Forex account (with or without compounding, that's your call)?

If the answer was 'yes I would have more', then would you recommend someone new to forex follows this? Or someone who's spent thousands over months or years and are still losing, pay this to start profiting?

Did you know too that between 26/12/11 and 1/1/12 Andrew offered his product with a money back guarantee? If people do not make minimum 20% with their trades using his system, he'll give them a full refund (after 12 months).

He did that because he is confident of his past trading experience. He has 2 years audited results, and from those (which if you put them against the top trading company's in the US, his results rank approx #5). I don't have the spreadsheet to hand, but can get it from Andrew to give you exacts there. I'm not making this up by the way before I'm called a fraud, I've seen this one myself.

Remember for all of us, It's all about aiming for longterm wealth with Forex - whether for ourselves, or to help others - Andrew helps individuals get there in a quick way, with steps and tools.

That's the longest message I've written in a long time about someone else, and you guys know a lot more about forex than I do, but I know I spent the past 7 years with my money in a share group, and lost 9% in 7 years. My money is now in Forex thanks to Andrew.

Though I didn't jump in straight away, I watched Andrew for 3 months from inside his office - the way he worked, the way others were profiting, to know that I could trust him with my money.

If you want to know who I am, my website is here: Jamie McKean - I couldn't think of a whitty code name sorry, hence username: jamiemckean - I live 10 minutes from Andrew in New Zealand.

I class Andrew as a friend. He's a very genuine guy, and hugely passionate about helping people profit with Forex.

If you have any questions for Andrew, please email him at: [email protected] or visit his website, and ring his phone number, which is on the top left of his website header.

Cheers,
Jamie

this thread is getting hot and entertaining :LOL:

all I can say to you Jamie; and also to Andrew; is present the facts; and answer the questions asked in this forum.

that's how we get objective.

Cheers,
Jamie

Yup i do agree, there's less constructive comments in this forum..

20% guaranteed return, hmm.. tats interesting one

Bog standrad SR. He could be using that also but judging from his website and his shpill of what he uses (and my insiders info), he has to be pretty skilled to be consistently lining up the fibs with those SR levels fpr every trade,epsecially as his indicators give off audio alerts for possible entry each time. I'm sticking to my fibo confluence - place yer bets ladies and gentleman, pul..ease.. But I agree the SR and price action is more effective alone- this takes experience which you cannot buy.

and right you are porky, freely available bog standard stuff indeed. full instructionals on how to set pending orders are out there on forum land, yes and with the fibs too. i haven't tried the fib stuff, not really my cup of tea at all. but we have the holidays apon us, so maybe some time to look at that. i don't see why it hasn't got some legs to be effective, and wouldn't like to rule it out just yet. we shall see.

a thought has just struck me that taking level cues off previous price action is ok in ranging action but would be a bit problematical if strongly trending, obviously. i guess if you see fresh air to the left just jump aboard for the ride? lol, i will ponder that a litte more, but not much :cheesy:

Who cares any more

Don't be an effing muppet! You can see his trade dates which clearly do not show 1970. If you think the euro was around in 1970 then you should go and find yourself a supermarket job stacking shelves. Its obviously a default date generated by his broker to produce the statement. He may of edited the previous trades out to only show recent trades.

The main argument though is that he offers a 2k course for education that is free on the web and that he is a marketeer and not a trader. The debate has cenetered around the fact that MOST not all, most profitable traders do not spend time teaching a course (although if you call teaching having someone download a video course and answering a few emails then you need your head examined - which makes a 2K course look even more ridiculous). I dissagree however that profitable traders do not teach. Take a look at Linda Bradford Raschke for example (she tells you exactly how she trades for free and you learn by being in a trading room - i.e YOU LEARN FROM EXPERIENCE - LIVE.And also note that she says it works for her but may not for you). You don't get into the market wizards book for being a complete numpty. So if you were to choose an educator who would you choose - - deciding who knows what they are doing takes only a very little bit of research -and if they only trade forex then personally - there are better markets out there, so I'd run a mile. PS. I am not plugging Raschke I am just saying its probably a better method of learning in my opinion. A live seminar every 2 weeks just doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
20% guaranteed return, hmm.. tats interesting one

a one week window only offered for that guarantee, not so hot really if you think about it. if there was any long term confidence that subscribers would be profitable there would be guarantees proper, not just a 1 week sales gimmick.

while we are on the subject of guarantees, what was it earlier in the thread on a refused refund? that got deleted/removed? i think i've missed any replies if that was real or not? did we have a rebuttal? or did the posts disappearance suffice?