Is anyone familiar Andrew Mitchem - the forex trading coach? online forex course

and right you are porky, freely available bog standard stuff indeed. full instructionals on how to set pending orders are out there on forum land, yes and with the fibs too. i haven't tried the fib stuff, not really my cup of tea at all. but we have the holidays apon us, so maybe some time to look at that. i don't see why it hasn't got some legs to be effective, and wouldn't like to rule it out just yet. we shall see.

a thought has just struck me that taking level cues off previous price action is ok in ranging action but would be a bit problematical if strongly trending, obviously. i guess if you see fresh air to the left just jump aboard for the ride? lol, i will ponder that a litte more, but not much :cheesy:

Yes that's just it. SR with price action, it always looks straight forward when looking in the past but in the heat of the moment firm decisions have to be made with regards to momentum (I'm not talking about some crappy indi), the strength of the move etc and probably more difficult is judging the area as a zone (eg not perfect lines). And above all, having a bias but being flexible and taking action when your bias proves wrong. Strong trends usually brake through support or resistance with the trend although they might provide a small counter bounce. The key is to identify weakness and fade it into strength - you are a market veteran I presume and I wouldn't touch fibs with a barge pole either. Pure hocus pokery.

This has been a really interesting read so far - let's summarise where we're up to - I might miss some bits, but bear with me:

Blah blah blah lies rubbish unsubstantiated claims blah blah blah

Cheers,
Jamie

"Jamie", do you really expect people to fall for this kind of garbage?

Jamie, if Andrew paid thousands of dollars for a risk calculator to be made then he was well and truly shafted. A simple excel spreadsheet is all that is needed and to have it coded into mt4 costs pennies if you cannot do it yourself. See, its gullable people like you that Andrew preys upon. Unless you have been in this business for a while then you really have no idea.

Also, aren't you his marketing advisor? Can you see how your spam campaign has backfired?

Last edited:
Hi Jamie,
I am sitting on the fence with this as I do not have a lot to go on, if I took the course(s) or knew someone that did then I would be able to judge a little better.
That aside however, you must understand that 'friends' vouching for people who obv earn a decent amount from their teaching probably creates more suspicion? Your the second friend of Andrew's to have posted on here.

That along with video testimonials (its not that amazing what people will do for a $) is it?) actually rings alarm bells for me. The best marketing I know of is traders providing live calls in journals (for a decent period of time) on such forums as here, and then go down the mentor/tuition route for whatever reason. Its a myth spewed too often on here (its also debunked on here if they cld be bothered to look) that teachers cannot be also successful traders, and also I disagree with an earlier poster who criticised Andrew's comments that he teaches to keep him sharp, as I also know a few successful traders who teach for that reason (though solely that reason - they do not charge). A little off track but I also agree that you do not need to be a great or even successful trader to be a good teacher - some ppl just don't get trading at all however hard they try, a good teacher can sort those ppl out very quick, but as everyone knows (and was mentioned earlier) being a successful trader is a lot about the psychology, and that cannot be taught imo.

Anyway my 2 pennies.

Jamie,

i will only ask you one question; and one only. If you are a true friend of Mitchem; what is your opinion of his recent $1000 to $1,000,000 challenge? does this make sense to you?

Larry Williams got away with it in 1987; i don't think your friend will.

Anybody read 'The Daily Trading Coach - 101Lessons for Becoming Your Own Trading Psychologist' By Brett Steenbarger ? Its a very good read. It ocurred to me that anyone calling themselves a 'coach' who does not practice the type of psychological knowledge and methods to help bring a trader to the best of his/her abilities has no right to call himself a 'coach'. This term is used quite carelessly amongst trading 'educators'. They haven't the slightest clue what it really involves. Offering a 3 month video course, Mitchem has no right to call himself a 'coach' and I would argue is false advertising. Simply regurgitating technical analysis techniques is not being a coach. Answering questions from clients is not being a 'coach'. Given trading is predominantly a psychological endeavor I wonder what psychological credentials Mitchem has to call himself a 'coach'? There is nothing in his course that seeks to coach you at the psychological level.

although am not disagreeing at all with your analysis there porks, i'm at a loss as to where psychological aspect comes to the fore, in this instance, with regard to setting pending orders. that is the course? is it not? method is key in such a situation as we have here, surely?

it must be a given that one must, at least, have the fortitude to carry the trade through. to not bottle it once the trade has opened, if the trade is not at once into profit.

although am not disagreeing at all with your analysis there porks, i'm at a loss as to where psychological aspect comes to the fore, in this instance, with regard to setting pending orders. that is the course? is it not? method is key in such a situation as we have here, surely?

it must be a given that one must, at least, have the fortitude to carry the trade through. to not bottle it once the trade has opened, if the trade is not at once into profit.

Mitchem's method isn't just about setting pending orders off the dailies. Its any time frame down to the 1min.

Are you saying you have never experienced hesitation at entry, fear, greed from the very first day you began your trading career? It's not just the method that you have to engage with, it's one's self. Unless one puts things in place during one's training period its easy to lose one's way psychologically, maintaining bad habits, poor execution etc etc. Learning how to monitor one's psychology is possibly the only way to speed up the learning process imo. Of course with experience one may get there eventually, but with the right psychology one will get there faster.

Last edited:
Mitchem's method isn't just about setting pending orders off the dailies. Its any time frame down to the 1min.

Are you saying you have never experienced hesitation at entry, fear, greed from the very first day you began your trading career? It's not just the method that you have to engage with, it's one's self. Unless one puts things in place during one's training period its easy to lose one's way psychologically, maintaining bad habits, poor execution etc etc. Learning how to monitor one's psychology is possibly the only way to speed up the learning process imo. Of course with experience one may get there eventually, but with the right psychology one will get there faster.

yes, if they are trading with market orders, then i agree with you. as that's different in a psychological sense than setting pending orders.

yes, if they are trading with market orders, then i agree with you. as that's different in a psychological sense than setting pending orders.

Sorry but I completely dissagree. There is still room for massive error base on fear and greed by tampering with the trade whilst its on, moving stops etc and even failing to place the limit order. I agree that set and forget with limit orders is more emotionally detached however, it is not completely, especially on faster time frames.

Sorry but I completely dissagree. There is still room for massive error base on fear and greed by tampering with the trade whilst its on, moving stops etc and even failing to place the limit order. I agree that set and forget with limit orders is more emotionally detached however, it is not completely, especially on faster time frames.

so are we sure they playing pending orders on 1 minute timeframes? i guess it wouldn't take long at all to get the levels required, if using a fib tool set up to 3 lines, i will check this. a quick look see of the pdf statement, the trade open and close times do not support the theory they are trading such low timeframes, but am open to theories on that :)

so are we sure they playing pending orders on 1 minute timeframes? i guess it wouldn't take long at all to get the levels required, if using a fib tool set up to 3 lines, i will check this. a quick look see of the pdf statement, the trade open and close times do not support the theory they are trading such low timeframes, but am open to theories on that :)

I doubt they are using 1min chart but 5min has been mentioned. Regardless of time frame emotions will screw with you but if you are only trading a piddly amount then you you are not trading.

Lightning McQueen,

my mate said no refund ever and he's not goin to get one. shame he is nice bloke and struglin

Another NO REFUND! And presumably you're mate is a Kiwi also, so not even pref treatment. Tell your mate to stick a nice review on Forexpeacearmy.

What problems was he having with the course?

Wofle? Waffle as in a load of hot air -i.e bull$hit?

If he has a problem with the course content, where better to put things right than on a public forum. That way if he is a nice bloke which I am sure he is, he can help others to avoid the mistake where the money would be better spent on, helping starving third world children for example. Karma my friend, helping others will help your friend help himself.

Last edited:
porkie,
problem with course i don't know but i looked at his computer and just wofle with bollinge and bifbnacis and my mate said it was difficult to follow. not simple and i rekon its not much eazy to follow for person not very smart. my mate not very smart i know.

i better stop posting coz i get told of bymy mate if foinds out

Tell your mate, best thing he will ever do is take all that $hit off the charts. You don't need them. Find out ways to study the price action and keep it simple. Then find ways to monitor your emotions.

Latest FPA review: " I’m a full time profitable Forex trader who did Andrew Mitchem, The Forex Trading Coach’s course in June 2010...."

So two years later she thinks, oh ok I'll write a review... This is great, thats what reviewers should do, give yourself and the course a chance then after a period of time, write the review. BUT most people unlikely to do this.

Why is it that the reviewers feel that they have to regurgitate one after the other like robots the contents of the course!? Come on Andrew, its so bloody obvious you are writing this stuff -

It's already been well written that he's an ****.

I expect he is good at what he does. Look at his fantastic reviews. The issue is no longer whether he is good or not, the issue is whether it is right for him to be offering what he does at the price he does. There is clearly a market for it. But many people realise you can get this stuff free off the web as long as you are prepared to be able to teach yourself. And that's the difference. Many can't teach themselves and hence use AM for help.

That's too bad. He's just received a 2 star review. Amazingly they said the course was 10 -20 times over priced!