Is £30,000 per year achievable daytrading the FTSE? Is anyone doing it?

OMG :eek: I should have read more of this BS before I posted

This is poor, and thanks GOD is not typical for the English, so please WAKE UP! Read some history books :cheesy:

Actually it IS very typical for the British.. it might not seem like that from a far off cuckooland

Yes we do:

The English settlers against the native Americans;
The Spanish against the native South Americans;
The British against the native people in Kenya;
The Cambodians against their own people;
The Serbs against the Bonsians;
The Stalinist Russians against their own people;
The Hutus against the Tutsi's in Rwanda, etc etc.

No one has clean hands in history my friend, so get over it.

you forgot one of Britain's other finest moments - twatting the Saffers in the Boer Wars. Who you think invented concentration camps :cheesy:

I think the FTSE is tough and I prefer to swing trade there. However Day trading the US markets no problem. I post my account many times on my web site so people can see it.

I had 3,300 points in one and a half hours in one move last year. Commenting live as I went to traders in the US and showing my account afterwards.

I had one move last week on the SKF that made 1,200 points in a day and 750 points the next day. Both are on my site.

I made 350 points yesterday on the SKF and FAZ. If the FTSE was better for Day trading I'd be there, but for me I prefer the US.

Sorry , but what is SFK and FAZ?

They are Exchange Traded Funds on the NYSE. SKF is the Ultrashort Financial and FAZ is the Financial Bear 3X. I didn't know. I had to look them up. Ah the delights of being a novice!

Actually it IS very typical for the British.. it might not seem like that from a far off cuckooland

Stop reading "The Sun", just keep watching the pictures :LOL:

I might have more English friends than you ;)

Don't let me feel sorry for you :eek:

I am a sort of newbie....to daytrading. I have traded the markets for years but always individual shares and always long. The last year has really stung me badly and I am now looking at new things.

For the last three months I have paper traded the FTSE and have achieved my target of 30 pts almost every day. I am still confirming my trading system and am even doing the odd trade with real cash so that I get the hang of IG Index's trading platform and chart package, and the subsequent pressure when the money is real.

I am looking to trade £4 per point and effectively that would give me an income of about £30,000 per year if I average 30pts per day. I use tight stops and look for reversals and continuations/consolidations. I am happy to close a position if it is vascillating and not impulsive in the direction I expect it to go. My stops tend to be between 10 and 15 points depending on the time of day. And if I am stopped out three times I walk away and sniff the roses somewhere else and come back later.

I like parabolic SAR and something called the Chande kroll stop. I also use RSI and stochastics but they are nowhere as important as trendlines drawn as quickly as you can get a best fit of the data. I don't use moving averages, but I do like Boly Bands for a bit of guidance.

What I would most like to know is that are there any full time traders out there who are achieving these sort of incomes and on a repeated basis? I am sure there are a few who are and many that aren't. Would any of you pros care to confirm this, please.

cheers

Martin

So to the OP almost after 3 years since this post was made guess you have your own experience and answers to some of the questions you asked above.

Would you be able to share a summary of the journey, experience, learnings and of course answers to your questions so far.

Thanks in advance.