What do you have on your screen when daytrading?

jaus101

Hi all,

I'm hoping to do daytrading/swingtrading, and am interested to know what sort of software daytraders have on their screens while trading, at least for the most part of the day, and how often they use them/refer to them.

Obviously your broker platform, but if you could list every tool that would be much appreciated. EG trading plan in Word, I dunno...:eek:

Also, how many screens are you running, and is your PC a dedicated trading PC?

Lastly, what business structure have you chosen and why?

NOTE - I checked the daytrading forum for the main question and couldn't find an answer :)

Thanks,

Jus

I have a laptop with an extra 24" monitor connected. Laptop has my exexcution platform and my advance/decline issues. My 24" has all charts of the products I trade so that I can choose one that is setting up properly and trade it. Each chart has 3 moving averages. That's it.

ektrader

I'm hoping to do daytrading/swingtrading, and am interested to know what sort of software daytraders have on their screens while trading, at least for the most part of the day, and how often they use them/refer to them.

I have a screenful of confusing mess on every monitor. I have 17 screens full of these confusing mess - different stocks, different time-frames.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/561042-post13.html

Forums - Pictures of your trading stations

Also, how many screens are you running, and is your PC a dedicated trading PC?

Lastly, what business structure have you chosen and why?
Upper question: 17 screens: 6 and 4 and 4 from 3 different desktop PCs. 1 laptop + 22-inch monitor. 1 laptop solo. All dedicated to trading. Trading is my life. At least from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm EST.

When I travel, I take the 2 laptops and 2 LCD monitors with me and trade from the hotel room.

Lower question: LLC. In USA: tax rate is better than trading as individual. Can contribute to my retirement. I do trading for a living - self employed.

Wow, thats a fantastic setup bolimomo! How do you know how many screens you need? Is it based on the markets traded? Or just open positions? I'm only looking to trade the 1/2 markets on a daily basis, would I only need the 1 screen?

Thanks for the response thusfar

Wow, thats a fantastic setup bolimomo! How do you know how many screens you need? Is it based on the markets traded? Or just open positions? I'm only looking to trade the 1/2 markets on a daily basis, would I only need the 1 screen?

How many screens is entirely up to you. More screens does not automatically makes one a better trader. Some successful traders only use a laptop. Hack, some only use an iPhone. I like scanning at different stock charts, different time-frames frequently without typing. I am lazy. And I like toys. These hardware are cheap these days. $100+ a monitor, $300+ a box. Dual-screen SVGA cards maybe $50. Not a big deal. If it helps you make a successful trade, even one trade is worth getting all these hardware.

I have a screenful of confusing mess on every monitor. I have 17 screens full of these confusing mess - different stocks, different time-frames.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/561042-post13.html

Forums - Pictures of your trading stations

Upper question: 17 screens: 6 and 4 and 4 from 3 different desktop PCs. 1 laptop + 22-inch monitor. 1 laptop solo. All dedicated to trading. Trading is my life. At least from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm EST.

When I travel, I take the 2 laptops and 2 LCD monitors with me and trade from the hotel room.

Lower question: LLC. In USA: tax rate is better than trading as individual. Can contribute to my retirement. I do trading for a living - self employed.

Hey Bolimomo, At least you're consistant. Your room looks like your screens!

(y)

Hi @ all,

this is my workspace

Attachments

• athome.JPG
    athome.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 1,537