Is £30,000 per year achievable daytrading the FTSE? Is anyone doing it?

The 'Really?' was more 'Really, you think that's acceptable humour?' than 'Really, there have been two World Wars I didn't know about?', but I can see where the confusion arose.

Its a completely acceptable remark for a comment like "Germans are always right"

No they are not! The world knows that.

So keep the patronising to yourself.

... which was in reply to a comment on the contrary.

So again... Germans are not always right, hence got ass-whipped when they were not.

Rejoice they did!

Yeah, let's all celebrate the Germans getting a damn good thrashing, like it's a bloody game of football; a game of football involving attempted genocide and the loss of countless lives.

Apologies for derailing the thread, but those kind of comments are not acceptable.

So basically... Germans are NOT always right.

If someone says they are, its basically abetting and justifying genocide.

Thats how I see it... and I'll continue whipping any ass who agrees.

No one can stop me doing that.

Enjoy your day!

I think the FTSE is tough and I prefer to swing trade there. However Day trading the US markets no problem. I post my account many times on my web site so people can see it.

I had 3,300 points in one and a half hours in one move last year. Commenting live as I went to traders in the US and showing my account afterwards.

I had one move last week on the SKF that made 1,200 points in a day and 750 points the next day. Both are on my site.

I made 350 points yesterday on the SKF and FAZ. If the FTSE was better for Day trading I'd be there, but for me I prefer the US.

We know who did the genocide.

Yes we do:

The English settlers against the native Americans;
The Spanish against the native South Americans;
The British against the native people in Kenya;
The Cambodians against their own people;
The Serbs against the Bonsians;
The Stalinist Russians against their own people;
The Hutus against the Tutsi's in Rwanda, etc etc.

No one has clean hands in history my friend, so get over it.

Yes we do:

The English settlers against the native Americans;
The Spanish against the native South Americans;
The British against the native people in Kenya;
The Cambodians against their own people;
The Serbs against the Bonsians;
The Stalinist Russians against their own people;
The Hutus against the Tutsi's in Rwanda, etc etc.

No one has clean hands in history my friend, so get over it.

At least they don't claim they are "ALWAYS RIGHT"

At least they don't claim they are "ALWAYS RIGHT"

What about the idea, that not ALL people from one country fit into the SAME category?

I lived in different countries and to be honest, I sometimes don't even have a clue anymore, what is "typical".

:)

IMO the thing that you need to be careful about is setting an average PnL per day!!!

I mean, if you have 2 break even days, you have to DOUBLE your target PnL for the week. You aren't giving yourself an allowance for, well real life. What if your internet goes down? What if you are hungover?

There are two issues here; 1) is it possible? Sure. but 2) I think you should extend your target PnL horizons beyond one Day, seriously. I mean, you will start saying "well, if I make 5 trades on average, I only need to make 6 points per trade..."

Sounds easy peasy lemon squeezy when you put it like that. You can only be sure it is possible when you are actually doing it - consistently making 150 ticks a week / 600 a month with real money (I mean, it is, but you need to do it first, right?). And I would also increase your target year end PnL too, just to be conservative. If you start on Jan 1st aiming for 60k, and after your first year of real trading have made the 30k, then you can give yourself a kick up the **** and do better the next year... if you aim for 30k and bring in 15k you're up sh!t creek.

Certaintly don't want to **** on your parade mate, honestly, but you are aiming FAR to near the breadline IMO, give yourself some room for being human and c0cking up occaisionally... it will happen.

MrGecko - thanks for the advice. Again my figure of £30,000 is not cast in stone, but I had to start somewhere. If I only make £15,000 in the first year, I have to look back and figure out how much time I have spent to earn that much. If I am working 48 hours a week to get £15,000 in a year, then that is clearly unacceptable. At the moment, on paper I am in front of the computer about 3 hours a day, and for 8 weeks I have averaged more 30 points per day, but I tend to close positions once 30 points have been achieved, so that I can spend time working on other things. I agree to achieve £30,000 for real I will have to aim higher and expect slippage. And you aint ****ing on my parade.

I think the FTSE is tough and I prefer to swing trade there. However Day trading the US markets no problem. I post my account many times on my web site so people can see it.

I had 3,300 points in one and a half hours in one move last year. Commenting live as I went to traders in the US and showing my account afterwards.

I had one move last week on the SKF that made 1,200 points in a day and 750 points the next day. Both are on my site.

I made 350 points yesterday on the SKF and FAZ. If the FTSE was better for Day trading I'd be there, but for me I prefer the US.

Naz
The FTSE suits my time frames better than the Dow. I have a 2 year old boy and my evenings are precious. The FTSE just mimics the US after 2:30pm anyway, so I watch the US at that point. Except around the closing auctions at 4:30pm when you get the odd kink. So what is your website address? Many thanks.

Martin