Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi All

Got into the trading idea about six months ago after seeing a friend trading on the Dow.

I am currently about half way though learning the basics about forex trading. My aim is to take my time learning the ropes and to setup a strategy then work on paper trading until the strategy is working for me.

I am not in a rush as I see this as a long term project to give me an opportunity to earn a little pocket money on the side.

It’s very good to find a forum with real people and information on it, there is so much rubbish to filter though on the internet these days.

Regards
Adrian

I will shorty be graduating from college and have been fortunate enough to have found a job in Chicago that trades options on the CBOE. I was hoping to see if anyone had the time to let me know what the typical day for someone in this position is like, how long you stay in that position for, and how long it take you to move up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello. I am a newbie to fx, but i've been paper trading for many months. I have yet to get a practice account to double. I've lost everyone of them. Yet for some reason I still think I will master this fx trading thing at some point. I've been using Scott Schubert's trading method which relies on EW, Fibos and multiple moving averages alot. Any suggestions on how I can break through this losing streak?

Also, has anyone used Autochartist? If so, what's your experience been?

Hi folks, I am emzi, from singapore. Have been trading for a couple of months, mostly US equities, but havent had much of a success. Looking forward to learn from you Pros.

I would like to know how I can successfully do intraday trading. I do CFD, so guys really request you to help me with your guidance.

Thanks.

Hello, i'm all over the place, trying to learn everything at once, have a dollar trading account and a small spread betting account, so am trying not to lose whilst trading quite ignorant, this site is very helpfull and information rich(y) you just have to look for it:D

Hello all,

Glad to have found this place. Have been a full time day trader for almost a year now; paper-traded for over seven (7) months before that, being a decidedly risk-averse individual traditionally. This is most thrilling way to make a living with your pants on, as some would say. As many of you most likely know, being a trader can be a lonely craft, so I am glad I found this forum. Also, I have a weekly blog about my own trading, where I share results as well as my thoughts on trading, as they occur (but sorry, no systems for sale, LOL). My blog address is: http://tradingfuturesblog.blogspot.com/

Ilir

Quick update: canceled short limit moments before jobs report this morning, by sheer dumb luck. SP moved 10 points up in a matter of seconds, and would have blown my stop out of the water.

Hi everybody,
I'm new here. I'm a programmer (C++) who switched to studying the markets and
now has a successful "system". Now I'm looking for capital. The same old story you would say I guess... :)
Ok, I hope it will work out soon.
Cheers,
trader um (aka traderum :)

Hi Chaps,

I have traded CFDs and spreadbets regularly for almost 2 years now... but have only just joined T2W! Looking forward to joining in discussions and learning from fellow members.

Best wishes,
Geoff

Hello all!

My name is Noak and I am retail trader from Sweden. I am trading for few years and now I am able to make steady profits in Forex market. Sometimes I scalp but also I execute trades on daily charts and I hold my positions open for few days... See your around! ;)

Hi All,

I've been trading, investing, winning and losing in the markets for 14 years now. I've seen a lot I didn't want to see but I believe I'm the better for it.

I'm on a roll now and wanted to be able to share with others in realizing the potential from these investment and trade targets.

I believe trading is the secret to icing investing's cake but to maximize my return I see the target as the treasure chest in all this and so I put a lot of time into search and research.

I look forward to learning from all of you.

Ted

hello all and welcome.

This is my first post.

Does anyone have the up to date situation on Ventana Biotech Inc (OTCBB:VNTA.PK) ???

Seems to be difficult to get any meaningful information on this company.

Would much appreciate any feedback.

gri

hello all and welcome.

This is my first post.

Does anyone have the up to date situation on Ventana Biotech Inc (OTCBB:VNTA.PK) ???

Seems to be difficult to get any meaningful information on this company.

Would much appreciate any feedback.

gri

Yes you will find a tale of woe starting here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/14154-boiler-room-scams-173.html

Shares in Ventana were being sold by boiler room scams including Drake Investment Group who are now on the FSA warning list. http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtml

In short if you bought these shares from someone who cold called you then you have most likely lost your money. If you scroll through the following you will find an exampleof an elderly lady being scammed out of 60k http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=23736703

Last edited:
Yes you will find a tale of woe starting here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/14154-boiler-room-scams-173.html

Shares in Ventana were being sold by boiler room scams including Drake Investment Group who are now on the FSA warning list. http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.shtml

In short if you bought these shares from someone who cold called you then you have most likely lost your money. If you scroll through the following you will find an exampleof an elderly lady being scammed out of 60k http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=23736703

Many thanks for your helpful information and links.

Probably make me a bit wiser in future.

gri

Many thanks for your helpful information and links.

Probably make me a bit wiser in future.

gri

Can you post the name of the company that sold them to you? This might help others avoid the same scam.

Hello everone,

This site/forum looks to be well run and so I am going to spend some time here reading and offering a little...very impressed with FX500 contributor...

I am, essentially , an ES day trader...my background was in the financial arena and management...traded equities, options (until I got ripped off on a profitable trade) and later futures.

Last time I traded seriously was in 1996/7..traded for a CPO...doing well.. .walked away from everything except my family...depression...now back on track and ready to get stuck into it again...first few weeks was hell as I lost money just getting used to right click/left click with the mouse!!...a couple of thousand before I got the hang of it...was used to telephoning all orders...big change..

Am Australian living in United States.....

Noticed not too much interest in ES...the most liquid instrument traded...if it is ok I will do some live calls (as best as possible) to show what can be done and try to provide a little guidance to those that may be interested in ES minis...