Sticky Introduce Yourself

How many IT students has changed into financial markets?

I don't know why. I know at least 4 guys, one of them being me.

Wellcome to the club, dear!

Thanks....

:eek::smart:
Thank You for the warm welcome..but m afraid am still an IT addict. and perhaps still studyin..2ndly..yea even ive seen now adayz i mean come on in whr m workin Business Development Dept. Our own manager is an Engineer...
Anywayz..
by my own profession am a web /developer , animator and a digital artist.
(y) How about you?

How many IT students has changed into financial markets?

I don't know why. I know at least 4 guys, one of them being me.

Wellcome to the club, dear!

I am new to the T2W site. I am a retired psychologist and business owner. I traded currencies in the past using the futures market (before Forex) and am learning all over again. I am new to blogging and may stumble now and then. Thanks Jspider

Hi Guys, great site with many interesting articles. I'm sure I'll be referring to it a lot

Regards

jb
PS Not sure if this is being posted in the rifht place

Newbie Alert

Hi all, this seems like a good place for info.

I am Kumar and I am looking into what is right for me in terms of trading as a hobby.

I am a complete newbie so its lots of reading for me, with a bit of paper trading.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and patience.

Kumar

Saying Hello

Hi
I would like to introduce myself. I heard about this website and found it this evening.
Have been reading since 18 months everything about trading I could lay my hands on, have attended a 3 day course (Darren Winters) and am 'trading' at present on 2 FX Demo accounts . Working up to going 'live'. Planning to do daytrading from home eventually. Could do with some help and advice

Regards

Sold my property, moved to Vegas from NY, and am learning day trading with options. Did the initial amateur mistake of trading with money COST ME 50%. pAPER TRADING NOW. Only trade the qqqq, have 6 monitors use think or swim, Wave59, realtime markets for charting. Triied realtick as Brian Shannon, who I subscribe to loves it, I missed the premarket. Use Optoinhouse for trading. 6 months at it here. Main issue is patience and wanting to learn everything. 14 hours a day until recently to a couple of weeks to relax and play with the market. I forgot to have fun and it got heavy. I watch the trin, tick, vix, vwap, bollinger bands, macd, Directmov, oil, the dollar, 2 and 5 year traesuries, and the astrology lines of wave59. Still working on developing a system. Anybody trading the q's want to share ideas, contact me. Thank you

Hello Chaps,

I have been trading 5 years now the 1st 3 years doing the european STIR yield curve for a London prop house and the last 2 years fx for a small fund. I spent most of 2007 living and trading in Shanghai so i have some knowledge of China and the markets out there. I have read through many useful threads on trade2win without ever posting myself so i thought its about time i started getting involved and posting some fx threads of my own.

Happy Trading

remote or prop trading fx firms Toronto

Hello everyone, my name is Janet and I am located in Toronto Canada and I currently trade fx full time for the last couple years. I am currently looking for a prop firm around this area that particularily trades either futures or fx. I have had some problems trying to get into a few firms, just because I am a home grown trader and places do not really offer a set up that they or I both have experience in. I have learned to trade with small risk to extreme profits with the 500:1 leverage offered with Alpari, and I am more accustomed to starting with a small bank roll and growing it to an explosive profit, then taking funds out. Having done so, it also can be tough, taking shot after shot, and then missing moves by losing the small capital and then waiting to refund for a few days via wires. Managing living expenses, maintaining and growing bank roll etc is proving to become very choppy and difficult. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I've never been on a message board before, but this seems like the kind of subject where I need help and am interested in what you guys have to say. So here I am.

A little about me - I'm a grad student in physics and I know how to program.

A little more about me - I know nothing about markets, so please excuse me when I ask dumb questions. You know how when you learn right and left you have to think about which is which when someone says it? I'm kinda like that with "bear" and "bull". Wait, which one's up? Oh yeah, that one. =)

Alright, I'm hoping this will be an excellent experience with like minded zealots for adjusting market value.

Nelson

Hello to all, I am just begging my journey into the trading market. Curious and willing to learn and experience love, failure and dishonesty through this glad to be on and hope all is well.

Hi all. This is my first time on this BB.

A bit about me!
I live in a motor home in New Zealand.
I was retired early ;-)
I have been trading the ASX on and off for the last ten years with out much success and have decided to find out what I have been doing wrong, hopefully I will learn from asking questions on T2W.
I have Metastock 9 as well as TradeSim but need to put in more time to learn how they fully work.
Any way that’s me for now, its good to be here.

bankflowdata/whichwaytoday

Hi there. Not new to forex but still learning alot. I wonder if anyone has experience of the above trading statagies, they promise lots but can they deliver???? thanks Mike

Hi All,

I have been trading for couple of year with modest sucess & spectacular failure. My broker is very happy but my bank balance is not. I have been succesful in long term investment but day trading seems to be unpredictable. However I am not ready to throw the towel any time soon. I am sure I will only get better with time. Despite failures I have managed to prtect my capital & as long as there is capital there is hope.
Hope to learn from you all & be succesful.

Raj

hi all,

I have just started trading and was looking for some good forum, to discuss whatever thoughts i have and learn from others.
Google send me to this forum and after browsing through it, i liked it a lot.
I am MBA grad and just taking trading as a side profession.
Hope to have a good time here.

cheers

Hello to all,

I am new to forex trading market.
Loking forward to know more about trading market.

Regards

Hi ,

This is my first day of my membership. Can any one help me how to start trading in stock market as intraday trader ?

Thank tou all

What hath trading wrought?

An ER doc, former licensed stockbroker and trader since 1985, with some successes and no disasters in that time frame. My two favorite trades are ratio option spreads, with the volatility greater in the out of the money, lower delta position, hopefull to make money on both the theta and the direction. The other is a trend trade, using a trend system which identifies the trend based on recent highs or lows. Most importantly, I am of the strong bwlief that the best stop over time is a trailing stop, based on a multiple of the 10 day average true range. The trades that generate the largest profit are those that are allowed to run until stopped out, while avoiding losses that take you out of the game by always having a stop in place. A recent article in Stocks and commodities magazine showed a higher return on a 3.5 ATR(10) than a 14% fixed stop, using a stop from the highest point reached (in an uptrend). I prefer a smaller stop from the most recent low when a new high is hit in an uptrend.

Hi all,

Just joined this forum today.
I have been trading for nearly a year now with limited success, but as long as the account is still in the positive I will continue.
I have tried lots of EA's but they tend to empty your account, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Jørn