Sticky Introduce Yourself

Greetings...

Hello there :)
I have just taken the plunge (wrt share dealing) and am being sucked into the monitoring the daily (read: 'hourly' or 'by the minute') ups and downs of some tech companies I am interested in. In these turbulant times I feel there are gains to be had by riding the daily fluctuations in the market place.
I am keen to gain as much knowledge as I can and understand how to interpret / analyse the data I see.
I hope this forum will assit me.
Regards,
NKL

Thank you T2W!!!

Epiphany Trading, LLC is a privately held trading operation which trades it's own capital with the assistance of day trading experts and beginners trained by the education department of the company.

Along with direct access to the markets through Level II, Epiphany Trading offers an assortment of other services including an incredibly informative blog, research, Live Trading / Trader Chat Room, trading videos, education and a whole lot of camaraderie.

We intend to post our blog content here on this forum for your trading success. However, feel free to visit us at The Epiphany Trading BLog

Thank you,

Brendan P. Byrne, President
Epiphany Trading, LLC

LLC - I guess you are US based ? Do you offer the service to UK clients ?

hi to all + mod
i just started trading and learning TA.. also like to learning option trading.. hope friends from this site can help

thanks

mk

Introduction and Perspective

Yes, in common with many minnows, I suffered from the credit crunch, but at least I paid off nearly all my debts before the crash we all predicted hit, but much worse than feared.

Prior to that, I had invested through a financial adviser in Sherwood, Notttingham [I guess I aint allowed to mention names]. In two years I took out more than I put in to some asian funds and still had more than my original investment.

But I have had my share of duffs. I trade primarily on the AIM stocks and a couple of mine are struggling and 2 more are suspended.

My biggest failing was to invest through Pacific Continental. Imagine my stomach tightening as I read on the website that PC was in administration. Then a firm of city solicitors got in touch and proceeded on a NO WIN NO FEE basis to get compensation. They won and I paid a hefty commission for something I might have been able to do myself. The irony is that I had put a sum aside with them thinking that if I fluffed, I would have that to fall back on. I don't trust 'city' professionals now...

This money I thought I would never seen again, so when I received it I went a lttle bonkers. I have invested in part of an oil well in Texas. And an Australian mineral mine is doing well BUT I have to trust an investment firm overseas who use foreign banks and it is very scarey stuff. However, all that I have been promised will happen has, and more. But the question is - how do you do 'due diligence' on any firm, be it British or overseas? Anybody have any idea?

I look for short term gains and profit taking. I was brought up on the premise that you invest a lump sum, or monthly amount and leave it alone for 20 years and, at the end, the fairy godmother will give you a return that is not much better than the rise in inflation.

Bank savings are only used as a safety net. I aim to have 15% in the bank, mostly between ISA and 'Reserve' accounts but will always review that, because it is the least productive part of my portfolio.

I try to use reverse psychology in my nominee share account trades. If a blue chip goes up by 5% or more, then, usually, it is sure to go down the next day, so I take small percentages, but 5% in a week is better than 1.5% in a year. AIM is a bit more risky but, overall I have gained more than lost; however I dislike the way that most times with AIm in the short term you don't always get a second chance.

I am experimenting with CFDs (advised not on my own) but I am not convinced (after one week)

I used to feel inadequate that I didn't save for a pension. I am mystified as to why private pensions are so good, supposedly. You get your 25%, get a few monthly payments, then carc it.

I need to re-look at the Terms etc to see how naming firms, companies etc is viewed

Greetings people,
I am from Singapore and i am looking to learn to trade. I hadn't had the slightest idea on how to even read the charts or even decipher the terminology on this site but, i hope i can build up my knowledge here at trade2win.com for starters!
Guess i should start out paper trading first! (y)

Regards,
vOnElith

Hello fellow traders

Just wanted to introduce myself...

I've been trading for about 10 years with only the last 2 years being profitable. The first 8 years was a very steep learning curve which involved me handing over money for terrible courses and trading systems promising me thousands of pounds each week (my fault for believeing there was such a thing) and delivering me nothing but constant losses.

I've learnt the only way to trade is to listen to nobody but yourself, keep it simple, take a long term view and apply your own system which has an 'edge'

I'm now averaging 26% annual returns (approx 160 pips per month) and know that if I stick to my rules and follow my simple money management system - I'll make money. I won't become a millionaire over-night but I'm convinced in years to come I will be.

My bit of trading wisdom is... AMATEURS CONCENTRATE ON HOW MUCH THEY WILL WIN, PROFESSIONALS CONCENTRATE ON HOW MUCH THEY COULD LOSE

I look forward to sharing stories about the world of FOREX trading with you all.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

i am new member

HI,

I'm still trying to learn everything that I can about forex trading. I haven't really started yet because I still have a lot to learn. It gets confusing at some point but perhaps, forex might eventually work for me. So hopefully thing will work out really well. I know there are a lot of courses out there but who's course is actually worth buying?

Any input will be of great help. :)

Cheers!

Hi, I am new member and also new for trading. I want to learn everything about intraday trading. All the best to all traders and happy trading.

proprietary trading (any views on the best in London) :?::?::?:

Frankly, I had to look up what it is, and am none the wiser. But I didn't like what I read in this article. It seems prop trader can make deals on shares without it affecting the customers' accounts - whose shares I am unsure

Proprietary trading: Definition from Answers.com

Enjoy.

Consider nominee accounts, market makers, also, in this day of instant and global communications, why London? I have misgivings about that as well; actually my user name perhaps should be eeyore, although I am trying some new things and might be
saying positives about them

Greetings

Hi everyone,
I m a newbie, learning forex through all written material i can get. Hope
to go live in the near future.
Thks
sema2008

Hi Guys, Quick introduce am Commercial adviser and part time and sometimes full trader...seeking increase as much as I can trader knowledge...softwares not too expensives, magazines...whatever..is good !!!

hi there=) I'm newbie not only on T2W, but in trading in general - so I'm like a sponge now - ready to swallow all the information I get to become a successful investor. Tnx for the community which is one of the richest sources of such data.

Just wanted to say hello as a new member. Have been dabbling in the markets for 2 years or so. Looking at some of the posts, this forum looks quite professional.

--Megan

Hello, just a quick intro to say that I am a newbie and just venturing into this world. I actually found you because I am trying to do some due diligence on a forex trading club called life club international and it showed a link to this site, with what may have appeared to be an allusion to a ponzi scheme?

Just dipping my toes into spread betting.:) SophiaB