Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hey all, I plan on paper trading the Forex and mildly lurking until I get some experience and have something to give back to the community. I've got about 15K I plan on dropping in an account after I make this a daily and profitable habit.

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself...I have been trading for about 4 years and have made moderate gains. I'm looking to refresh my strategies and share a few thoughts through discussion with all you guys.

Look forward to it!

Introduction

Hi guys, i am new to forex trading so you can call me a novice. But i have lost $200 because i thought forex was a goldmine. I stumbled on this site and my hopes are i can get the best strategies to trade forex.

Hello All,

Great to find a group that I can learn a bit about trading and the exchanges. I am on the financial side where I actually work with wealthy people and loan against their financial instruments(stocks, bonds, etc). I do have a question where is the best place to start trading US or overseas?

Hi everybody,

I thought this board would be a good healthy experience before getting back involved with securities. I was a broker/ manager in NYC for 12 years and got out and now accepted an offer to get back in. This is my virgin voyage into cyber-boarding. I just wanted to see what people like you are talking about these days in the world of "high finance". Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I came across this site while doing a google search on forums I can go to for advice on trading.

a quick intro about me:

I am a 26 yr old guy who wants to be a trader.

I got interested in markets especially when sub prime hit the news. Then a slew of fictions like Liars Poker, Ugly Americans, Barbarians at the gate and so on go me hooked onto finance. I have been reading about many things related to finance over the last almost 8 months. Having a engineering background I guess has helped me understand most of the stuff.

i went on to study Wilmott on Quant Finance and Hull cover to cover. I also try to read FT daily and ecconomist as well as any bank research or white papers I can lay my hands on.

I did try my hands at dummy trading for a few times but since no real money was involved, i lost motivation. I have applied for a trading account in US (cant afford the UK transation costs coz I am going to be doing it with small amount of funds) to start trading and learning by hands on experience.

About my knwledge of trading, I am still new to gettng a grasp about tech analysis though I am more comfortable with fundamental trading. I did my best to learn as much corporate finance and acc as possible and expecially the valuation models.

This forum is full of gurus of trading a I am looking to learn a lot here. I will probably spend some time reading up all the threads before asking stupid questions

Regards
Al

:clap:two questions for you as an independent investor:
why'd you get out,and why are you getting back in?

Last edited:
Hello from Roanoke

I am a veteran of 5 months of day/swing trading. Learned a LOT of analytics and got some bruises along the way. But learn QUICKLY from my mistakes. Patience doesn't seem to be one of my virtues. But Iam getting better about it. I WILL be asking questions, lots of them. Glad to be around a group that knows what's going on,:clap:

Thanks,

Doyle

New Beginners for Trading - Advice Needed

I have been conducting research by attending seminars, installing sharescope software to begin my trading.

But yet I do not know What to buy? How to buy? Which one to choose?

Even I do not know what version of sharescope can I use, whether Gold, Plus or Pro.

Please guide me

Regards
Siddique

Don't even know what sharescope is, but most online brokers have ALL the tools you need. They all have many good tools. My particular online broker has Command Center from their home page, Strategy Desk (as a standalone program that integrates with your account), Options 360 (for trading options), Advanced Analyzer (for screening stocks and pattern matching). I bought a book called, The Little Blue Book That Beat the Market.
It has a website you can visit to find solid stocks to invest in. I picked stocks from that website, then used the online broker tools.
From November '08 until last week, I was working on a 100% return on a 17K investment. Now, it's more like 40%. Which isn't bad. I just feel like the guy walking away from the Roulette wheel after 1 too many spins.

HI,
I am very new to trading, but not so new to investing if that makes any sense. I was 16 when, with my fathers guidance, i bought my first mutual fund. I have relied on other peoples advice until yesterday, when i finally decided i should do some research on my own. I have begun to read some of the wealth of information that is availible in print and on the web, but i have a ton more reading to do before i move my money out of the mutual funds i have accumulated and into some stocks i have reasearched on my own.

wish me luck

Hi,

I'm a beginner in forex trading. I have traded equities for 2 years, more of swing/position trading. I'm not a stranger to TA, but I guess I have long way to go to be successful in forex. Look forward to learning from all the gurus in this forum.

Best,
AJ

Hi All,
My first trade: Punted £1000 three months ago which quickly turned into £5000. So even more quickly I got my £1000 capital out and then worked out how Very Very lucky I was and stopped trading. It was a great feeling to win but really scary as I didn't have a clue why I won :eek:

Today (two months later): I have read the top 6 recommended books on trading, visited a top trader at work in the big city for a day, attended a seminar (not a scam, just pure quality information for beginners and dabblers :smart:) and now realise that I have another 600 books to read, develop a trading plan and be humbled at least three times by the market before I can call myself a novice.

Found the 38 steps very interesting. I seem to have jumped in at step 18 and now await steps 1 thru 17 to bite my bum.

Looking forward to the journey ahead and picking your brains.

Pete

Just wanted to say, have been badly burned by boiler room scams at a time when I really couldn't afford to lose any money. As a result am more broke than ever. Have learnt my lesson and will never dabble again.