Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello There!!

Hello Everyone,

I am interested in developing an automated stock trading program (I'm sure you've all heard this before), but admit that I'm likely overtly naive. Until, I prove to myself the contrary, I will continue.

This is a pet project of mine. I do have significant experience in the software development world and have the resources to see it through.

Can anyone guide me to where I can get real-time data feeds and specifically the data format I need to interface with -- assuming there is some sort of standard? E.g., what data fields/types are covered in the data feeds? Are there differing feed suppliers? Who would you recommend and do they provide an API that I could use/license?

Are any of the open-source initiatives any good? If so, what data feeds do they use?

Apologies for the barrage of questions, but unless you ask???

Thanks in advance,
ExplorMann

hi, this is Ole. I am from Canada and started to trade the Forex. I know lots of winning stories and even more sad stories.

But, I feel trading is interesting. So far, I know trading is the only way of making money by just one computer, a internet connection and some thousands of dollars.

I will be happy to get to know more of you guys and become a win trader in a near future.

Hello people, i am a new member trying to get my feet in trading and every good advice will be appreciated.

Hi, I'm very new to trading and over the last month I've immersed myself in trading psychology and how the FOREX market works.

I have become fascinated by this field and I will become a successful trader as well as eventually down the road create materials on how to be victorious Forex trader

looking for a nudge in the right direction

hey everyone, my name is ismael im a 26 year old. i have been playing poker on/off for about 4 years now and now looking for a new challenge. my friends have recommended me to get involved in trading but i dont have the foggiest. i was wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction..i do not want to pay for some course and then guarenteed a job but im not sure on whats what..help anyone?

Intro

I'm a beginning trainer with a small account. I'm looking for some information on how to get started.

Taking first tiny Intra Day steps

Hello all. I'm Alex, 31, M and I look like an emoticon. I've been swing trading for about a year now on FTSE 350 stocks, some currency pairs and selected commodities. I'm profitable and I love it! So... for those reasons I'm just starting to make my first foray into Intra Day trading. I have read John F Carter's 'Mastering the Trade' and will be using some of the techniques from that, tailoring them to my trading personality.

If anyone wants to offer any advice or just wants to make my acquaintance... you are more than welcome on both counts!

Thanks all.

Alex :D

Skype name for chatting: alex_furn_home

hello i'm newest in this forum. i wan to learn all about fx trading especialy. i hope with this forum can get what i need. thank.

Hi, I'm new here but not in the forex industry. Hope to meet lots of experienced traders here! Cheers!

i seek to trade live in contract trading with any interested firm.If
u would like to see my past trade history in pratice account? and watch me starting a new pratice account to see how i do? i have traded live accounts and blown them b4 i broke even.

i am a profiting and confidence trader now in forex

alpari login

username=463725
password=1dbfaei

demo server

thank you

lucky

Hi all, I'm very new to trading on the forex markets, I started with an EA which didn't really work well for me so gave up on that. Now I'm using a new formula which so far has been very successful using a demo account. I'm looking at going live at the moment, but probably just need a extra bit of push.

hi

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

i am mahesh soratia i am in this field from last obe year i want to know about option trading

Hi all, I have been trading the ES/YM for about 3 yrs now. Mostly sim trading, I have traded real money sometimes but always ending with a big draw down which shatters my nerve. I am trading real again now and looking forward to making money this time. Good luck and good trading to all of you.

Good morning to all (if you are in the UK)!!

Good morning everyone!

As you can see I am posting on here because I am a new member to the site. I suppose it would be common courtesy to tell you a little about myself (not that many of you will care though!)

My name is Tom, I'm 21 and a university student. I am currently at the end of my third year where I have been on placement working for a private equity placement agent in London. I think it is safe to say that I have learnt a lot working here, but I am definately looking forward to my final year!

The main reason I have joined the site is to learn more about trading and to see whether there is real scope for me to trade for a living. I'd really like to know if you guys trade from home as a living and how you went about getting into trading. I've got plenty of questions (some you may think are stupid) but i am a firm believer of getting information from the horses mouth, rather than second hand information from people that do not actually partake in trading.

Anyhoo, enough from me.

I look forward to speaking to some of you in the future,

tomm783

Hi

Just saying hello for the 1st time

i am from kent in Southern England Uk i am nr 36 of age

i have been a member over MoneySavingExpert.com Forums for about 4 years

i have been in the BTL Market for about 1 year or so with 2 btl properties
plus have my own property as well, i dabbled in the stockmarket for the the 1st time this year and have enjoyed it so far, i have had my ups and downs with shares mostly been ups happy to say;)

i thought i join here to gather information on my future share dealing decisions
ftse 100-350 plus the Aim market is the area i have invested so far on various companies

thats me in short

all the best

Hi Everybody,
I see where one member said she is a novice in her introduction, so I'll use that springboard to say I'm somewhere between novice and nincompoop.
I've been working for the past 35-years on television news and I'm ready to leave. Started studying option trading from a technical analysis roughly 3-years ago and have had some hits and misses since then.
The misses are ahead but Ifigure this is only the second inning and I'm a slow starter.
You know the part-time thing is widely overvalued by the trading community selling wares, subscriptions, educational tools, investment advice, etc. I can tell you from first hand experience... doing this part time makes you rush into things you might otherwise allow to simmer.
Anyway, happy to be here, nice to meet ya'll .
thanks to ?Sharky? for putting this page together.

Hey

I'm completely new at this! I'm actually learning theory fom my girlfriend. She's not bad at it. Will soon be in the makets... ...Yah.

Hello All

Folks,

Just a lill note to introduce myself to the club. Just started serious trading an year ago and now working on automating strategies.

hp