Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello World!

Hi Everyone

Just a quick message to say hello. (The name LuckyDay comes from the film The Three Amigos in case you're interested). I'm a complete beginner to trading so I'm reading loads and thoroughly enjoying myself. Over the last few months I've dabbled and got my fingers burnt buying shares on my Interactive Investor account. My losses were very small though so it was worth paying for the education. I think I managed to fall down every possible beginner trap. Undeterred I recently attended an excellent free seminar in Guildford and the speaker mentioned CMC markets and Sharescope to us. The purpose of the seminar was to sell a traders university training course based in Fulham and it looked great. However I didn't sign up as I didn't want to spend £2000 on a 2 day course (plus 6months support etc) until I had at least read a few good books and made some effort myself. I did however setup an account with CMC markets and this was mainly due to the support pack they offer to beginners. I'm going to a free one day course with them later this month. It looks like ADVFN and Sharescope are very popular tools? I'm drawn to Sharescope with level 2 but it would have to pay for itself pretty quickly at £100 per month. Anyway I'm rambling again. The reason I'm here is I recently got made redundant so I've got lots of free time on my hands. I was a software developer by trade so finding more work isn't too much of a problem if you don't mind travelling, but now I'm out of work it's made me question the whole lifestyle I previously had. So along with the rest of the universe I'd like to trade and make enough money per month to stay out of the daily commuter fog. Fortunately for me my wife makes a fortune (and loves reminded me!) so I'm really only looking to make around £750 per month. I was thinking if I kept my feet on the ground and traded really cautiously that this might be possible in a year or so. Anyway that's where I am. I'm currently reading: Come into my trading room, The financial spread betting handbook, The naked trader, Trading secrets, Small companies big profits, Shares made simple and the UK traders bible (this last one is a bit heavy going in places). Thanks for reading this message and if you have any advice, book recommendations, grim warnings, magic spells etc I'd be most grateful. Really looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hello All,

I am a floor trader with 20 years experience as a metal trader in the open outcry arena. I'm making the transition from floor trader to computer trader. My strengths are in spread trading and my weaknesses are in my isolation. I joined t2w just by luck. I was checking an article on Gold Vols and this website came up. I'm interested in talking to other traders around the globe to get better feel on what is going on in the world.

Regards,

TRIG

Hi, I am Manfred from Germany. I trade Forex on demo accounts since 3 years but on real account since end of december 2008. I am searching for good trading methods, systems and EAs. Lets discuss and find what the most reliable systems are.

Hi I'm another newbie from Canada. I've been taking a course called ETF Trendtrading and have not done any real trades yet but hope to begin soon. The course makes sense and has taught me a lot about trading in general. They claim about 10% to 12% per month profit with very low risk. Anybody else done this?
Cheers to all and I look forward to reading this forum,
Roger

esignal advance get softwear

Hi all,

I am Nick and based in the UK but trade the US market (long story). I have been trading for about 4 years but have lost confidence over the last few months. To try and regain my trading ways I have spent a great deal of time looking at Intraday trading. On the surface it appeared easy, but its not. I have access to level 2 trading data from my broker (Charles Schwab). As an example of my confusion, I don't know what timescales to watch the market I have tried 2,10, 30 and 60 minute charts with 9 20, 50 and 200 unit moving averages. The following indicators are also on the graphs: Scholastic, MACD and ADX.

I have also investigated Fibonnaci, Elliott Waves, various other technical analysis indicators and pivot points. It is possible I have not understood the full benefits of and of the techniques.

I am self taught and therefore fully accept I could be approaching this in totally the wrong way. Therefore, if anybody has any good intraday trading practices they would be willing to share with me I would be very greatful.

Thanks for your time.

Nick

Hi Nick
I use Advance Get from esignal softwear. Its preety good. Its expensive but worth it. They have good training support. You can watch their seminar on line. They do type1, type2, XTL break out, stocastic false bar, continuation trades. To find these trades you can scan UK stocks as well. give them a ring on 02078258770
Nmodha:cool::)

another newbie

Hi Folks,

I'm pretty new to trading and hope to use it as an income supplement. My background is IT for >25 years but am now semi-retiring. I have a reasonable capital base but am fairly risk adverse so plan to diversify within and without the markets.

Any advice on where to begin will be gratefully received.

Cheers
Bazzah

your intro

Hi Luckyday,

I think I'm just a few weeks behind you, in terms of being a novice and trying to get training. I'd be grateful hear from you as you progress.

Cheers
Bazzah

So my first activities are researching training courses. John Bartlett's CD-ROM courses appear to be well thought of. Anyone got updated views on this?

Hi, I've got a good article from T2W today and decided to join. The article was translated into Russian on elitetrader.ru. My interest is a risk management on FOREX.

Valeri (Mr.,Dr.)

Hi,
Trading now for a couple of years and just recently took a personal coach for trading and made a hudge step forward. Dropped all teh leverage instrumetns for now and only focussing on the basics "Equity" as soon as I can pull that stable upwards for more than a year I'm off for some additional instrumetns again.

Nice to see a forum with real people from all different levels.

Wzzl

Last edited:
HI,
Current undergraduate in computer science here in Colorado, I discovered the financial markets a little over 1 year ago and have fallen in love. Looking for a way to break into the business and develop my skills but average grades at an average school make it difficult.

HI,
Current undergraduate in computer science here in Colorado, I discovered the financial markets a little over 1 year ago and have fallen in love. Looking for a way to break into the business and develop my skills but average grades at an average school make it difficult.

Hi Climbernate,

You got your first limiting believe here :) Trading and education has the least to do with each other than any other job in the world as far as I concern trading :)
If you can calculate which you obviously can as an CS :)
Welcome, and all the best in the markets :)

Wzzl

How can I place a thread in a forum?

This time i see a box. Maybe it works I dont know.
i was reading in an area and I clicked reply to thread but it gave me nowhere to write. This time I have a box by accident. Maybe it works.
i am new to threads.

Searching for info

Hi,
Busyhoney here. I have never traded options becauseI don't have a complete understanding of the operations. I have been considering joing a systems group to do the trading for me. Does anyone have any feed back onThe Trade Tech Institute? Thanks for any input.