Sticky Introduce Yourself

backtest

Hi,

I am Belgian and I am very interested in Forex since six months.
I decided to try writting a program to backtest my strategies, so I came here to find some help doing that.

Salut GPierre,
Looks like PROREALTIMES' PROBACKTEST is a good tool for doing that, if you can handle it.
I couldn't, but you should, as an IT litterate.

Yiehom

Hi everyone. I'm a day trader. I have tried some mt4 brokers like Fxpro and Windsor all in cyprus but I have realised that their for transfer of fund is very high - $170.00. Marketiva charges $15.00 per transfer and this moderate. My problem with them is that they don't use mt4. If anyone knows an ECN or NDD broker that charges like Marketiva with reliable MT4 platform I will be glad for such help.

tsglory

Hi

I am new to T2w but not to trading, I like to meet seasoned traders and exchange experieence with them, newbies are welcome too for any questions

Good luck all

Hi everyone. I'm a day trader. I have tried some mt4 brokers like Fxpro and Windsor all in cyprus but I have realised that their for transfer of fund is very high - $170.00. Marketiva charges $15.00 per transfer and this moderate. My problem with them is that they don't use mt4. If anyone knows an ECN or NDD broker that charges like Marketiva with reliable MT4 platform I will be glad for such help.

tsglory

you may try lbglobal.com, ask for Nick Hammer they have a lot of platform mt4 included

Hello everybody, my name is Victor, 23 years old, college student, and I am just getting into the world of day trading. I have some experience with investing based on fundamentals but would like to delve into the technical analysis world because it's something I am very interested in.

Hi

I am new to T2w but not to trading, I like to meet seasoned traders and exchange experieence with them, newbies are welcome too for any questions

Good luck all

hi, jbadawi1. I am a newbie trying to find direction. I have lost $5,000.00 and made nothing. How can we be useful to each other.

Cheers!

:clap:

Hello All,

I am kind of new to spot currency trading with the intention and commitment
to acquire knowledge before contemplating on live trading.I hope to begin on demo
soon for at least 2 or 3 months before steping into live trading.
Look forward to interact with fellow seniors for their kind guidance.

Thanks in advance.

learning

hi, jbadawi1. I am a newbie trying to find direction. I have lost $5,000.00 and made nothing. How can we be useful to each other.

Cheers!

:clap:

HI there,

well there is no shortcut to learn trading, we all tried to take shortcut and we finish by learning the very hard way: blowing accounts many many time ,

my advise is to find a good mentor, he will guide you to the success, this is the most effective way I know

LS Trader

Another Newbie Folks & my virgin post:LOL:
I am a new trader and keen to learn and develop my own trading style having recently digested Bill Williams Trading Chaos, I would also like to explore a couple of subscription services to see if they are what they say they are!!

I have recently come across LS Trader LS Trader | Financial Spread Betting & Online Trading System and unable to find any threads on here would like to ask if anyone else has had any experience of them ?
Cheers

hello,
i just joined this forum.

started trading on indices recently. have not done well this month.

anyone here has got a good strategy?
would love to know! planning to trade on some currency pairs sometime soon.

thanks.
bye

Intro

Hi All,

I am about to fulfill my ambition to trade the stock market, and after a substantial amount of research I decided to take the plunge by opening my spread betting account on Monday. I have not yet placed a trade though (due to a combination of confidence & chosen stock performance).

I'm hoping this site will help me by clarifying some ambiguous areas and I would like to thank you in advance for your patience.

Regards,
traderdredd

feel free to contact me if you want advise i don't bite.

email: [email protected]
skype id: jenariofx

Hi Goldtip,

Thanks for your offer. I hope things are going well for you and I wonder if I can call on your experience?

I am a complete novice where trading is concerned but one has to start somewhere. My aim is to become a full-time day trader, but I thought I'd start by swing trading. I intend to be in/out of trades within 5 days.

I have decided to trade the UK ftse 100shares. I would like to use moving averages as one of my indicators, but I'm not sure of the periods to set (i.e, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 or combination) and/or the time frames.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Kind regards,
traderdredd

Hi Goldtip,

Thanks for your offer. I hope things are going well for you and I wonder if I can call on your experience?

I am a complete novice where trading is concerned but one has to start somewhere. My aim is to become a full-time day trader, but I thought I'd start by swing trading. I intend to be in/out of trades within 5 days.

I have decided to trade the UK ftse 100shares. I would like to use moving averages as one of my indicators, but I'm not sure of the periods to set (i.e, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 or combination) and/or the time frames.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Kind regards,
traderdredd

Use a combination of periods, i use to use 20,100, 200 along with candlesticks RSI and MACD. however experiment w/ 5, 20, 100 as its optimum to use MA that when multiplies total. i.e. 5*20 = 100 so when 5 and 20 above 100 states a good indication of upward trend and vis versa this is how moving average are meant to be combined.

Hope this help, feel free to ask more questions. But also be very careful with indices I would leave it to the experienced as it is very volitile. On the other hand those who wear the scars are the strongest.

Pip (Pimp) My Account

Hi All,

I am about to fulfill my ambition to trade the stock market, and after a substantial amount of research I decided to take the plunge by opening my spread betting account on Monday. I have not yet placed a trade though (due to a combination of confidence & chosen stock performance).

I'm hoping this site will help me by clarifying some ambiguous areas and I would like to thank you in advance for your patience.

Regards,
traderdredd

Hi feel free to ask me any question i will try and help !

Use a combination of periods, i use to use 20,100, 200 along with candlesticks RSI and MACD. however experiment w/ 5, 20, 100 as its optimum to use MA that when multiplies total. i.e. 5*20 = 100 so when 5 and 20 above 100 states a good indication of upward trend and vis versa this is how moving average are meant to be combined.

Hope this help, feel free to ask more questions. But also be very careful with indices I would leave it to the experienced as it is very volitile. On the other hand those who wear the scars are the strongest.

Excellent! Extremely helpful!

Thanks for highlighting the risks re indices. (What I meant to say is that I will be trading the stocks within the UK ftse 100). One day I'll get the jargon right.

Will definately call on you for more advice.

Kind regards,
traderdredd

Parity1

Hi everyone. A bit of a novice, I have just joined to try to improve my performance in trading and investment. Right now I am interested in the prospects for gold/silver.