Sticky Introduce Yourself

Money plays a crucial role in our life.One should give due regard to money management concept for a debt free and smooth financial life.:)

hi everyone
kinda new at forex and checked around
this seems to be the most informative
and friendly site
like most trying to find a winner for forex
luck to all
pips

Hallo
I am Christo Nel from Somerset West, South Africa, 45 km from Cape Town and fairly new to forex trading. Are there any South Africans and people from my area on this forum? Love hearing from you.

introductions

Hi hello how are you??

I am qaz530 from malaysia feeling great to be at this forum
Been trading stocks and futures since 1978 but in forex last 3 years.
I hope to be equally good and share experiences with all at this site

Lots of good wishes to all

qaz530:clap:

Hi, have been a member now for about 4 months but have until now decided not to post anything. however, my inexperience has prompted me to see if i can gain advice from those wiser members than myself.
I have been using the ADVFN bulletin boards more recently, which i would recommend if you need to get a 'feel' of what other investors are thinking about a particular stock. if that helps?

I am younger than probably most on this site but am keen to learn.

Hi everyone,

This seems like a really good site with some interesting stuff on. I've been trading cable with a live account for about six months and I use the visual trader platform on cms forex. I am about even at the moment but still trying to develop my own strategy. I did do this whilst paper trading (and still do sometimes) but I find that there is no real emotion involved when paper trading and this makes it difficult when I come to trading for real. I try to look for setups and use a couple of oscillators for confirmation. The setups could be simple support and resistance levels, chart pattern breakouts etc.

Looking forward to sharing ideas with you all and listening to yours.

Ryan

Hi All,

Im a newbie who have been papertrading for a few months and realised it is WAY different to the real thing. So just here for some inspiration and really enjoying the good comments in the forum.

/Karl

big welcome to you all,

A newbie with lots to learn. Have traded small shares amounts some years back and now looking to broaden my horizons. Predominantly looking CFD's but that may change after spending a considerable amount of time reading what you good fellow's have said past and present.

Introduction

Just started out in the big wide world of stocks and shares. Theres a hell of alot of people offering the "holy grail" of trading on the internet. Its good to find a site which gives you straight forward objective information.

Reading a book at the moment called The Market Guys guide to the Stocks and Shares, great for beginners if anyone is just starting out. :smart:

Hey all,

I'm a second year Canadian business student majoring in Finance looking to learn how to trade in the craziness that we call our markets today. I first started off university in natural resource science, but ended up getting interested in economics instead - even though I had never taken any financial type of courses in high school. I transferred into business after I took a year off to travel, went to australia and china for a bit of bumming around. I also began treeplanting in the summers around then; the source of funds for my trading account literally comes from me planting trees by hand in the wilderness. I get paid by the tree, and it's pretty gnarly work; but it's the best way to make up to a couple grand a week as a student. I'm looking forward to another season out in the bush planting trees, and hope to expand my trading account into the 5 digit range this summer.

Honestly, I have no interest in the corporate world or having a career, but I am absolutely fascinated by the mechanics of the financial systems we have today. Ultimately, my goal is to establish a comfortable lifestyle from the proceeds of my earnings; aka I want to travel and trade. I figure I'll need a 3-4 year learning curve before I see any worthwhile success. Heck, if I start with $1500 and hit a 20% gain 36 times I'll hit my million :) Interest on that will cover me for life. I think it's a fun little hobby that might be my golden ticket.

My main area of interest is technical analysis, i'm definitely overwhelmed by the sheer number of indicators. I recently started fiddling with stock screens looking for breakout setups but I need to refine my techniques and things to look for. I've learned basic chart formations but my timing is usually off for entry/exits - I tend to time it better in my virtual accounts, d'oh!

My account is hurting bad right now, but I'm confident in my current picks to rebound: i'm in GGP, SRZ and NRGN. My philosophy on trading at my age is that in order for me to get ahead I have to take some risks, but I've been chunked away slowly but surely these past few months. I've made a few decent trades, but I'm mad at myself for getting burned chasing the boat numerous times. Cheers,

-stugatz

hi
new to the forum. just trying to find my way thru thinkorswim. been trying to use metatrade but would like to use thinkorswim. any suggestions are more than welcom