Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi Everybody,

Iam a newbie, just opened a demo account with FXCM MICRO. Any suggestions in choosing the right broker.

Regds

Ajoy

Hi

Hi everybody, Trading is always tricky howver experienced u are. I have been trading forex, forex options and equities for over a decade. Yet there is no end to learning or getting other's views. Look forward to learning from u all.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hello all, I have been trading off and on for about 6 months. Until recently I've been scalping with my trades lasting only a few minutes. I decided this was a very exciting way to lose money. On the advice of a professional trader I am now looking at one day time frames. I find this easier as I have more time to plan each trade. But the risks are higher because the market swings alot in one day so each bet is quite small. I either do very well on each trade or very badly. So far its been fun.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone

Hi,

My name is John and i'm new to trading. I've been following Micheal "Waxie" Parness Trend Trading Coaching and I continue to get a great education. I like daytrading and my wife is more of a swing trader. We are both equally excited about learning more and more about improving our skills and eventually become full time traders. Hope to chat with all of you in the future.

John C.

Hi, my name is Ram. I live in London and new to trading. I have undergone some mentoring and training in S&P 500 trading. Looking to pursue it as a career. Hope to be in touch with you all.

My name is David and I live in Bristol. I am new to trading and currently start reading Robbie burns the naked trader book. I am going to do whatever it takes to be professional trader. Any feedback are welcome.

New to the game

Hello all ! My name is Joe and I am just getting started in the business and I am willing to listen to all advice and input .. I am looking forward to meeting experianced traders and learning all I can Thanks

Hello

Hello everyone my name is Joe and I am a new trader and I am very interested in any advice or guidance I can get ... Thank you and I am looking forward to learning all I can

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums
Hi "ALL" - My name is Shon and I am new member, looking forward to learning Fxtrading.

My 1st Question is has any body used Moneymap, and if yes what is your experience and thoughts on the Grid software.

For number of years I have been searching for genuine FX tool/software which can help you in winning FX trades. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

G'day everyone my name is Lewis, from Australia.

I'm 19 years old and am currently doing an electrician apprenticeship as well as running an eBay business where I import hot products and sell them all over the world.

I've done a number of courses with my old man and am very familiar with trading CFDs and options. I've been very successful with my paper trading, but my goal for 2009 is to start trading for real with the money i'm making from my job and my business.

I've been placing paper trades doing calendar spreads and protected covered calls, but is there any other strategy that can bring me in a nice little return on my money that anyone can reccommend?

Cheers guys I look forward to learning alot from you all.

Lewis

Hey, I'm darryl, from Trinidad and Tobago, started trading forex couple months ago and still trying to learn. My main interests lies in Ganns and Fibs and other techniques of this sort to try and as accurately as possible pin point where price is going. I mainly trade on a 5, 15 and 30 min timeframe. i use 1hr and 4hr time frame for trend analysis.
Hope to learn alot from you guys and when i reach a stage i am satisfied with my knowledge and find it would be useful to disseminate and helpful to do so, i will right here on these forums.
Thank You

Hi Im Simon

Im from Tenerife. Been playing poker online and fancy trying something new so forex seems another interesting and hopefully profitable hobby! Im a member of some poker forums so know they can be a great place for info and sharing idea's. I hear that like poker more people lose than win at forex so of course I need to learn about it first! See you around! :D

Hi,

I've been a quant at an investment bank until very recently and am interested in learning about trading. I am brand new to trading, to this website, and to this community.
As a quant, my main skills are c++ and mathematics. I have a Masters degree in financial mathematics and am hungry for job opportunities.

One unusual skill I have is mental arithmetic. I can do many computations much faster than someone pressing keys on a keyboard or calculator. Are there any areas of trading where extraordinary mental arithmetic skills are useful?

Paul

I am in !

I have traded Stocks, Futures, ETFs for long enough to know the pros & cons of being on your own!
A community of similar traders is something I can use as my support & guidance.
Rest assured, it will be a TWO-WAY street !
:clap:

Hi everyone good to be part of the T2W forum....

I am currently working in San Francisco and started learning about futures trading about six weeks ago from friends, some who are full time and others who are part time. It will be a while before I risk capital as I want to be sure of what I am doing and be confident before I actually start. I wish you all a very happy new year from hot and sunny CA (in the middle of winter)
D

Hi Everybody!

Hello everyone. I live in Wales and am just starting to look at trading, although I've been working in FS for over a decade. I am thinking of trading CFDs and at the moment am in the demo account trial stages.

I am a well Qualified Finance & Management Professional (CA & MBA);after having worked at senior posts in few top cos.,I left my job few years back when I made good money in stocks and now I am a regular Trader / Investor. Generally I have been doubling my money every three years netting an average return of over 30 % annually
Now-a-days i am into heavy volumes DAYTRADING / SCALPING & use only the tech signals
Any Day Trader is free to ask / discuss

Pl note I am not YOUR adviser / consultant I freely exchange my views on MY trades only or anything that I notice while trading I do not charge anything to anybody nor expects anyone’s paid services / advice / consultancy Those who do not agree may delete my ID

Thanks & Regards

Disclaimer: - All the stocks that are mentioned here ; I / my family members / circle of acquaintance may be having position / holding / interested[/B]

Hi Aakindia!
Still waiting for your reply. Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi,

I am interested in trading (stocks mostly). Being Aussie I like resources. We are spectacularly good at reaming the earth and selling our collective wealth cheap. I've done a lot of sitting on the coat tails of what has been a very interesting ride over recent years, but now (for obvious reasons) I'm looking to broaden my horizons.