Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello,

I'm a Sky News reporter and I am putting together a piece on the end of the short selling ban on bank stocks (which is lifted midnight Thursday/Friday).

I am really interested in speaking to a London based trader who is pretty experienced, is a good talker and has an opinion about the short selling ban. Any thoughts on what might happen when it's lifted? Could a hedgefund with a view and considerable volume precipitate a short selling trend on bank stocks?

If you would be interested in speaking to me and potentially doing an on-camera interview please call on 07825 584 835 ASAP. My deadline is lunchtime on Wednesday 14th January.

I am a fengshui master, if you are interested to interview me based on fengshui perspective view on investment trading you are most welcome.

regards
John

Hi Spor.. my son is thinking of taking a degree in computer science...just wondered if you would be kind enough to give him some advice/insight on pursuing that course...dont know your location mine is London UK....perhaps I can help you with any questions that you may have regarding spread bet or trading in general...have some years of experience but still learning new tricks myself:)....let me know an I will send my email..
Cheers Paul.

Stirlingchase

Hi all,
I am a newbie to this site, so hellooo

I have been trading on and off for some number of years , starting with warrants and the odd stock or two, progressed to spread betting and have stayed with cmc still with em in a small way , had some great trading times in the past and rubbed shoulders with many city traders. I last traded the euroGBP early December and luckily I checked my account the other day as I was under the impression that I was all clear with no positions open , I traded the Dow and made a modest 50 points and when I checked my balance it was showing an open on the EuroGBP and a very nice profit of 235 points ...must have been a stop left into the market as I was short lol!!....always learning something...hopefully I will not be so stupid the next time as it could have worked out a bit different. ..Paul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Paul,

I am new too, hello!
I was reading your Quote and notices your with CMC, There is a company that offers a very good trading platform who doesn’t re-quote, everything’s live as a trader would see it. I think you should check out! Even if the platforms not for you they have a good economic calendar and sound market research report. Which could be useful?

Lucky you had that stop.
Best JO :smart:

Stirling Chase & Co.

Hello,

I am pat and completely new to the trading.
I came on the website of the Forex automoney is this a system that is OK or just makes you loose money.

Ciao

Introducing myself plus question about South Africa

Hi,
I just came across this website by accident and registered immediately -it looks great!
I've been spreadbetting for about 18 mths and live in the UK.

However I am trying to find out on behalf of friends etc whether South African citizens can legally spreadbet (financials, indices etc) from within South Africa, using a South African bank account and the Rand as their currency for trading. If this IS possible, can you recommend an online Spreadbetting Platform that one can use? I've not been able to find one by searcing online, as yet!
Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Just joined the forum.

Been trading on and off for around 8 years. Started with options, and now moved on to spread betting indices, US & UK shares, currencies and commodities. I use Finspreads. Not managed to consistently make a profit and had a couple of blow outs along the way............

I want to trade technically, and I understand all about money management and how to keep emotions in check, so I'm basically looking for some specific set ups which work.

I know a bit about technical analysis and all the indicators etc etc., but it's the actual specific set ups I'm looking for. I want to day trade, and also position trade [for when I can't be near a screen all day].

Thinking about a day's 1-2-1 training with Alan Rich, but would welcome other suggestions for training.

Many thanks,

ROB

Hi Spor.. my son is thinking of taking a degree in computer science...just wondered if you would be kind enough to give him some advice/insight on pursuing that course...dont know your location mine is London UK....perhaps I can help you with any questions that you may have regarding spread bet or trading in general...have some years of experience but still learning new tricks myself:)....let me know an I will send my email..
Cheers Paul.

Hi, I m newbie, I trade on marketiva but streamster can not modification like MT4, can you let me alternative using indicator or else. do you like Expert advisor in your trading. I studying but difficult. Can you help me? Email : [email protected]
Thank

how

please can you tell me the way you make your trade and what you do befor going into trade, i will realy like to know.

Thanks
My regards.

Hi everyone,

I am a trade to win Virgin and wish to make some good friends and learn some new tricks towards trading.

I am really a novice but am keen to learn. My speciality is with property but due to the present condition of the market I thought I would try trading!

At the moment I have an account open with stirlingchase who specialize in CFDs which I am still learning about but it seems to be going well apart from a few losses!

I have been to a few seminars put on by different companies and have found them very useful.

Dose any one have any good tip's.

Many thanks

Kakamolly!

Hey Guys and Gals,

Found this site and thought it looked like a great recourse. Been investing for 20 years but have only been trading online on my own for the last few months. I'll tell ya, I thought it would be easier than it is to make money in the market. I started a small account with $3,000 and from there I've been up and down, currently down $400 of course the market is tanking again and I made some stupid buys. Hope to get better and make this profitable.

Best,
JB

Hi everyone

Hi,

My name is Nick. I am a technical trader. Specialize in basics, not many indicators. Got really comfortable and pretty confident about finding strong S/R levels, trends, channels etc...
This might be easy for some but I know that a lot of traders who are just starting have trouble, just like I used to, finding even these basics with confidence on a chart. I found that having experienced technical traders around me to confront my own suppositions about basic Forex knowledge helped me a lot in the beginning. I'm here to learn from those who know more than me and help those who know less. Always open to (constructive) criticism. I will not try to give advice on what I don't know obviously but I will give everyday or as often as possible an update of S/R levels on the majors and maybe a few other currencies, hoping this will help some.

Hi Nick, I have come to realize S/R are much more reliable than any thing else.The break outs happen
but S/R levels seem to be honored more often. I very much look forward to your input. It's all about probabilities , what has a greater probability of happening and at S/R levels there is a lot of popular opinion being expressed, and minimizing the damage if it goes against, but also a hard one I find is knowing when to take out profit. So often been in the green just to watch it go back into the negative.
Once again, I look forward to your coments. Regards Mario

Hi Nick, I have come to realize S/R are much more reliable than any thing else.The break outs happen
but S/R levels seem to be honored more often. I very much look forward to your input. It's all about probabilities , what has a greater probability of happening and at S/R levels there is a lot of popular opinion being expressed, and minimizing the damage if it goes against, but also a hard one I find is knowing when to take out profit. So often been in the green just to watch it go back into the negative.
Once again, I look forward to your coments. Regards Mario

Mario,

thanks for your support. I will not not be making calls per say, at least not right away.
Mostly just posting chart analysis based on simple Techs, and of course, always keeping an eye on the fundamentals, especially in these times.
I also think that basic Techs are underestimated at the expense of complicated indicators and feel that pivot points and reversal points can be more easily identified through simple S/R, trend lines and the such. As far as taking profit, something that really helped me is incremental TP, meaning taking out portions of your trade at a time.
I don't trade breakouts but mostly reversal points, so if I get an entry right, it's usually right enough that I'll feel like letting the trade ride for a while. What I'll usually do is take 1/4th or 1/2 of my profits after a substantial enough bounce (35-40 pips), move the trade to Break even and let the rest ride. As I am able to identify the strenght of the reversal further and whether it's a full trend reversal or just a temporary strong retracement, I'll keep taking increments of my position out of the market based on all that info. Also, before news releases I'll always take most of my profit and leave a portion as a positive expected value gamble of sorts, meaning the upside to a move in the right direction is so much stronger than a return to BE, considering the potential strenght of it, that I feel that over the long time, you get a great return on your money.
Hope this helps. I'll post a first EU chart later, see if it helps anyone. Always looking for feedback on the S/R levels etc...so please, feel free, even if you're not sure. No one is in this market, anyway.

Nick