Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello Shiny Happy Trading People,
I've been wanting to trade for a few years now, however, I have no money.
So, I started trading binaries that deals with oil, gold, silver, some currencies and German 30 something or other. My dream is to trade binaries to get enough money to invest in short term trading stocks. I picked up a book called a "A Beginners Guide to Short Term Trading" by Toni Turner to start learning. I think the book is okay, but I'm not too bright on this stuff, yet. I wish I could find information for very amateur traders (I need things explained to me very slowly--pictures help alot). Ideally, I think short term trading would be the best full time job I could do out of the home.
Anyway, I wish all of you well. There's probably enough people with tons of money who don't do well because they don't research this stuff enough, but if you're part of this forum, then you probably aren't one of those.

Sincerely,
James

I read the Toni Turner book myself. It's not a bad book to learn the basics, but there is a danger in this type of book. That is, for someone just starting out to assume they're pretty much ready to start trading cash once they finish the book. It just ain't that easy.

If you're a newbie you may want to check out my blog where I go over some of the basics of Day Trading TuffTrade- Day Trade Smart

Hello,

I was searching google about a trading book and i found this website. It looks pretty good with enough information and a lot of members. I am trading for about 3 years now. Mostly on the Dutch market (options and futures) and the stoxx50 futures sometimes. I am also looking for an internship to write my thesis at a company who is active at the stockmarket. So if anyone has suggestions, let's hear it :)

Hi,
This is Freenandy, I like to share and exchange my interest with others and make new friends.I am very new to forums and need to know much of this. Any how you people are there to guide me.

hi all,

I'm a novice trader, well just "trading" demos at the moment to test my trading plans..

hopefully can go 'live' in a couple of months from now. :)

Beginner

Hi there,

I am totally new to this trading. I am based in Brisbane Australia and after watching the markets and the commentators I have decided to take the plunge. I imagine that many people feel like as confused and freaked out as I do given that it seems the sky is falling.

My interest was peaked when as the Aussie dollar was heading towards parity with the US $ and a commentator said it would head south in an big way. Most laughed at his suggestion, but here we are at about $67 to the $Us. that got my attention and I would like to learn how to do that.

I hope that through this medium I can learn to trade succesfully and often.

Hi fellow punters,

I would like to introduce myself , i am semi retired married 2 children & 3 grand children , i live on the mid north coast NSW enjoy sailing fishing travel. I currently trade equities on line & with a broker, i have also traded warrants and indices without any great success i have had an account with open E cry and tryd a couple of demo cfd and fx platforms . Anyone recommend a good aussie platform thats reliable for cfd and commodities thanks Bathy.

new cfd trader

hi everyone,

nice to meet u all, i'm a new cfd trader would love to hear good advise from expert traders.

cheers,
josie349:):)

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi,

intl eu is a European and Middle east based company. One branch is specialized in selling high end level commercial properties. the second branch is focused in trading and investment with gold and currencies.

hope to make good business with you all very soon,

Best regards,

Nicolas

Welcome T2W Pals

Welcome Swetaj , Nicolas och all other , I'm new as well here , I have learned a lot from teh wise guys here . I'm a bit more clever than before :)

Hi! All,

I found this site while searching in Google and after getting this, I found its really cool. Now, I am a member of this site so its my responsibility to introduce myself.Well, I am an entrepreneur who just start a new online business and wants to succeed in them. So, may be in near future I want your help.

Hello!

I'm Charlie. I'm new here. Have been studying Business and Economics for two semesters now. One in Sweden and one in Denmark. Have been trading with warrants for the last 6 months or so. Hope I can contribute to the forum.

Cheers.

Seeking advice

Hi,
I'm concerned about the direction of the £ against the dollar and the Euro. Though I knew the trend for the £ was downward but this last week saw a sharp drop I did not anticipate. As my money is tied up in £ with get-out costs, I'm concerned to know where the community expects the drop in the £ value to bottom out, whether it will continue to fall in the short-term and where the community expects the £ to be in 6 months time. In other words, should I cut my losses and get out of the pound now?
Any thoughts?

Ingvar new here.

Why people so mean?

Someone share something and people get mean. Why do they do that here?

ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN

(a guide for Global Leadership)

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.

These are the things I learned:
Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.
Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

I'm sorry you think people are mean. If you stay and get to know people and participate in discussions you will find that this is not necessarily the case.

I think people are generally on the alert for scams, people selling things that do not work, profiteering, etc, so when there are posts that look like they belong to this category it is seen as 'fair game'. No one likes to be taken advantage of and i think there are many people on here who have been- or people who are traders and are very aware and know of the scams out there. Anyone who puts a system out there- scam or not, is inviting criticism and discussion, good and bad.

I'm sorry you think people are mean. If you stay and get to know people and participate in discussions you will find that this is not necessarily the case.

I think people are generally on the alert for scams, people selling things that do not work, profiteering, etc, so when there are posts that look like they belong to this category it is seen as 'fair game'. No one likes to be taken advantage of and i think there are many people on here who have been- or people who are traders and are very aware and know of the scams out there. Anyone who puts a system out there- scam or not, is inviting criticism and discussion, good and bad.

Hey Tradergirl... Some people only see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe even when there is evidence to the contrary.

You were suspicious of me BEFORE you came to my chat room. Now you know better, right?

Did I try to SCAM you? NO!

Did I try to sell you something? NO!

Did I ask you for a donation? NO!

Did I ask you for your email address? NO!

Did I take time out of my trading to answer your questions? YES!

Did I call out winning trades while you were listening? YES!

Did you leave with a better understanding of my methods? YES!

People see my charts with my indicators and jump to the conclusion I am trying to sell something. All I am doing is showing my simple methods of trading. Even when I post in big bold red letters that YOU DO NOT NEED INDICATORS TO TRADE I still get accused of scamming, spamming, selling, etc...

People should speak from DIRECT KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE rather than OPINION when it comes to talking about others ESPECIALLY when they don't have anything nice to say.