Sticky Introduce Yourself

New Guy

Hello everyone,
I primarily forward vs. spot electricity and have begun to get involved in financial futures and commodities futures.
I have a question. How do I calculate the logarithmic return on a set of monthly returns, some being pos, some neg? I am having a real problem with this.

Thanks,
and I look forward to getting to know you.

G

Thinking about starting daytrading. Have been working in the business for over 10 yrs. Ive been a senior equity dealing on the buy side for a big asset manager, moved to the sell side a couple of years ago to work as a equity sales trader. Now trying to translate that experience/knowledge in an automated intraday trading program. Special interest in Tradestation. Open for any tips on better systems.

Swimming in the maelstrom

Hello All,

I'm here to learn and share what I know. I've been a lawyer for twenty-two years, and specialize in recovering stolen Internet domains and other Intellectual Property issues such as software contracts, media deals, etc. I enjoy my work, that has put me in contact with many people who have made an excellent livelihood trading a variety of things -- from Harley Davidsons to real estate, from stocks to Internet traffic.

The financial markets are attractive because of the opportunity to moderate risk. Recently eTrade gave me a larger complement of tools than my basic account, and I immediately put them to work, garnering a goodly profit in two days surfing the volatile and beat-down sector of US financials. But for the use of the simple trailing-stop, I would have missed the right exit point and simply stayed along for a ride to the bottom.

My particular interest is in finding well-capitalized companies that are not at risk of going to zero, that produce real products and generate substantial revenue, and have for whatever reason have hit a snag that has dragged their stock price down disproportionately. A good example for me was about three years back, when Netflix lost half its market cap when Amazon announced it would be entering the DVD rent-by-mail market. Having been a Netflix user, and knowing a little about the CEO (I liked the image of him in Fortune, pushing a handtruck on the warehouse floor), I felt sure they'd come back. I was right, and made about 60% in a couple of months, as I recall. Could've made more, but I bailed when it hit its previous 52-week high.

For the current term, I keep hearing Rothschild's words in my head, that "the time to make money is when blood is running in the streets," which it certainly is. But greed is dangerous, blind leaps are more often than not disastrous, and as Solomon said, "In a multitude of counselors is safety."

:) Chas

Hi I'm a recent graduate and at the moment I'm working as a trade support assistant thus I am not a trader for the moment...
I always wanted to become a trader that's why I registered to this site (I have some few shares in my account). I know that if I want to become a trader I have to trade =)
But I think getting informations from experienced traders is a good first step in order to understand the trading...
Cheers...

Hi, I am a day and swing trader and always looking for the best systems and technical analysis. Trading index futures and equity options in US and UK markets. Eager to learn new things to improve my system and gain greater knowledge. Cheers

Hello everyone. My name is Pearlson .I am from India currently doing MBA at Indian Institute of Management (IIM, Indore). I have cleared Chartered Financial Level 1 (CFA L1) and i have 10 months experience in trading Short term Interest rate futures in the Euribor market . I would like to get to know more about derivative trading from everyone and at the same time be a sourceof information and learning for everyone

new to t2w

g'day traders, I am new to this but I am hoping to get to know others who can help me to becoming a successful day trader. I would love to know how the tick trader makes his trades because i am interested in starting on a small scale. Any help would be fantastic. Regards oigle77:)

Hey everybody :) wanted to be a trader since i was a little kid, finally got everything together and looking to start with real money really soon after playing around with demo for about 5 months. Hope it all works out !!! Great comunity you guys got here !

Hello T2W just want t introduce my self ,
the names eddie 21 years young
never treaded before how ever i've loved and been fascinated by the market
for a little over a year now
read up a bit on the subject and now just looking to learn more
so ill just be reading around specially good arguments i may find around here just to get
deeper insight on how you fellas think.
And hopefully someday ill save up enough money and courage to put it to work and of course have the knowledge to do so..
Area of interest: day trading ;)

10 Yrs experience Versatile trader.

Hi,
I started trading about 10 years ago. I started with equities trading, moved on to futures trading and then to cfd trading. in the meanwhile i started developping strategies for Hedge fund companies and got to get a hold on most instruments available : equities, options, futures, cfd, ... and also on most markets : Indices, Commodities, Forex, ...
i would gladely answer any question i know the answer for. Even those questions most people never get to get answer for : Best Markets, Strategies, Return on investement, ...

It might take a few days before i answer an email but i will always do.

Hi Traders,
its my pleasure to joing ur club. well am also an expert forex trader who makes money every blessed day. Am Daniel from Nigeria, anyone intrested in my strategy should contact me on [email protected], or +2348053785456

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to this so regret I don't have a course or ebook to sell. ;) Nor have I got any fantastic stories about how successful my strategy is. I've been playing around on igindex for a few days and have had some beginner's luck but recognise that it's more luck than smarts. This looks like a good place to pick up some of the latter.

I signed up for the forum a long time ago but, unfortunately, never got around to do the research and reading required before trading. But I'm here now, have done a bit of catching up and am eager to learn more.

de-lurking

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on here for about 7-8 months and thought it was time to introduce myself. I've been trading all that time, and have been doing it full time for a couple of months.

It's been an interesting few months, and having been fairly lucky picking one basic strategy that has worked pretty well, I've scaled the trades back a bit and am consolidating and refining my strategy and reading some more books.

Thanks to everyone who has posted some really good stuff on here. I hope to get involved in that more.

I use IG and Futures Betting. Each day I decide whether I like the look of day trading, and if not I spend some time trying to pick longer term stuff, which for me is days/weeks. I tend to trade the major indices, forex and occasionally oil/gold. I have a good interest in news and current affairs, which I find usually has a sentiment input into my trades.

So, hi everyone.

cheers
Xeno.

yoyoyo :)

wow im making my first post here, i joined long timed but im too lazy to write a letter. anyway i trade forex for 3 years now. but learning other related markets, so if u need help just ask :)

cheers

Introduction

Southern California is where I hang out. I have absolutely no previous experience at trading! I have absolutely no idea what part of the investment world I will settle into! I am in the exploration phase, with my short-term goal as finding a couple of potential spots that might be a fit.

Don't like to spend much time forum-hopping, so I wanted to locate a good one with a sizable membership. This looks like a real solid forum that can be a great resource for a rookie/newbie/1st grader or whatever description applies. Hope I can learn enough to contribute back.

Have a profitable day,
StartNow
-----------------------------------------
Whatever you are, be a good one.
Abraham Lincoln

Last edited: