Sticky Introduce Yourself

Help me plz i am looking to learn the ropes of SB i bought vinces DVD of ebay last year but after reading comments on here it is now in the bin can anyone recommend a good book or 2 thanks.

hi ,i am a new member.what other platforms can someone use that have flash up and flash down aside betonmarket,pls.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I don't know much about the board, but would like to learn about good software trading platforms and data sources for intra-day historic data.

I'm currently scalping and day trading on high-volume mining and technology stocks on the Toronto Market. When the market does not side-trade or go down - I am usually a value/growth investor. Currently there are no deals to be found under my picking scheme so I'm day trading.

If I could help with my limited knowledge, I'm more than happy to discuss what I have learned.

Talk at you guys later.

-Andrew Opala

hey all! I'm a new proprietary futures trader, just dabbling in the indexes! looking forward to making some friends here, and of course, to earn some cash together! :)

Hello!

Hi James

I was reading about your introduction and became rather interested in your knowledge about financial astrology, as well as regarding the Gann Theology.

I have recently started reading up on the Gann Theology, as well as to see if i could make any sense out of it on a daily trading with the DOW market. However, i couldnt really understand enough about how the formula works with Price, Time and Angles.

Are there certain books or websites that you could guide me with? Or maybe point me to a certain train of thought? :)

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing and learning from you!

Regards
Althea Lim

Hi Guys!

just drop by to say hello. I am very interested in the forex markets and i hope i can learn alot here

Good trading to all, glad to be part of the community.

I hve been trading for a few years, own US and foreign stocks. Love research and reading about new technologies. Looking for some ideas and also have some questions for community. Have a great day!:clap::clap:(y):idea:

Hello .

I am trying to find out as to if it is worthwhile purchasing illuminati trader by Guy Cohen ,has any body any experience of this .
any help would be appreciatted.

Thank you

Tony.

Hi,
I am Harry. I am new to this forum. I want to learn about trading. I know that there are experienced members will guide me to become profitable trader

Hi All,

Just a breif introduction to myself. I am a stock market trader but recently I was fascinated with Forex trading as well. As of now Im still learning how to do Forex trading.

Hey I'm Max and I'm going to make a million, or more likely loose xP let's hope not with all your experienced help and oopinions :)

Re: Intraday System rec for AndrewOpala

I use prorealtime.com

The history does not go back very far (only a few days at 5-min resolution) but its pretty cheap, has a lot of tools (you can code your own indicators), and its fast (Java based).

Its not a trading system - just a data and graphics package.

Z.Z.

(Greetings from Cow Town... moved here from The Big Smoke)

Hello everyone!

I used to trade futures a lot back in 2001-2002 and was pretty successful until I stupidly built up a large position over a period of a couple of weeks while the market went (and stubbornly continued to go) against me and then the night Worldcom collapsed I woke up to a series margin calls and a liquidation notice :(

That taught me a number of lessons about the real meaning of capital protection, keeping an eye on the bigger picture, being aware of the trend on a number of timescales (daily, weekly, monthly, annually) and the real meaning of capital protection. Oh and running your profits when they arise.

I then got a new day job and had to drop my trading although in the background I've always been working on mechanical trading systems that may one day see the light of day ;-)

Anyway, I now have the time to trade again and last month refunded one of my accounts and began trading more sensibly (I hope!) This time as I make profits, I take them out of the trading account so they aren't at risk and get them into a high interest savings account ASAP. That feels much better!

Am I the only person who thinks the US indicies are hugely tradable at the moment? It feels like taking candy from a baby and in 78 trades over 30 days I've made a 75% return - largely as a result of running my profits much more than I did in the past - although this is still probably my weakest discipline.

I'll sign off for now ... successful trading to all!

Roger

Hello, I once traded stocks about 8 years ago. Now I want to start again, but with options. I kept track of the markets all this time, I have also searched for good trading systems. Especially divergence got my attention. But first I would like to start paper-trading for a while.

Greetz!
Christophe

I am Cyberworld. I am interested in trading FX and stock option. Have several years experience only. My favorite strategy is arbitrage. Anyone have interesting arbitrage strategy are welcomed.

Hello. This is the first forex forum I have been a member of. I am an inexperienced beginner in forex trading. I have read a couple of books and have searched the internet for info extensively. Most of what I have come across is sales/marketing info and much of the info I am unable to verify. I found this website/forum and I hope to meet people who are as serious as I am about the forex profession. Thank you.

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Thanks for the welcome and being newbie, i would like to get involved actively by participating and learning trading gold futures.

wishing all girls and mates a nice day,
I'm an Austrian guy and not very firm in English, but the most I can understand.
I'm interested in getting "background infos" about US and Canadian companies . Moreover I want to improve my little investment by getting support or tips.
If anyone is interested to contact me don't hesitate.....send me your love/hate message.
Until next time........... dieterwolf::confused: