Sticky Introduce Yourself

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi everyone
I just joined the forum. I am a retired pharma marketing manager, came across forex trading by chance and it really starts to fascinate me. I downloaded demo accounts, set up a live account and started trading a couple of weeks ago with the great result of being down $ 1000 now. What do you call this learning by doing? Never mind it's a lot of fun. Then there is the other thing. Since I am active I am getting emails offering me the one and only systems for only guaranteed winners! 50, 100, 200 pips on every trade.
My question. Have you heard of DC Bonta, Dean Saunders just to name two of the guys who urgently want to give something away, of course just to me and maybe 9 others? Can anyone comment on this?
Regards louman

Hello all, my name is Mudeford and i'm a newbie seeking colaboration and advice in this minefield we call trading. I've been at it for three years on and off and my 4k starting pot is now worth £4049. Whoopee, £49 profit in 3 yrs. I started by buying the vince stanzione work book (2003 model for about £275) which got me going, quite well in fact, doubled my money in the first 6 months but when the market dipped in may 2006 i lost my nerve and closed all of my positions before they hit thier stop losses. Big mistake. Lost all i had made. Like all of us I'm looking for the ultimate system to make me stupidly rich but a sound way of earning enough to pay the bills would be just lovely. Any help / tips gladly accepted. Thanks.

Day Trading in Vancouver

Hey everyone:eek:

I've been day trading for about 8 months now.
Is there anyone else here from Vancouver, canada?

I wouldn't mind getting together with other traders, experienced or not, and discuss strategies and other stuff.

Anyone else use Tradstation btw?

Bryan

Halo From Indonesia

Hi Guys

My name is Suhendro (23) from jakarta Indonesia.
I trade stock options in US market.

Happy Trading (y)

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:

Hi All,

I've been trading for about 12 years (I used to run Yahoo Finance but made too much money in Yahoo options and left). For a while I ran a spread betting operation for Hedgestreet, it was fun but waking up at 5am sucked. My advice is to stay away from spread betting, the house will almost surely beat you ;).

Now I trade options full time for my own account.

jmh0

Hi from Belgium

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this forum. I have been looking for a forum like this for some time but couldn't find any... Nice that I found it :)

I have been trading e-mini futures for a few years (with success I might add) but I'm thinking about switching to options because I think it's easier to find a good setup there while having the same leverage potential. (with those hundreds of stocks)

I'm looking forward to learning from you and sharing some of my knowledge.

Ralph

Last edited:
Hello all,
I'm new to this site. Most of the time i have been reading on ET. But i have been looking for more sources. I'm a rookie trader that took a leap of faith and started to trade full time. I do not suggest this to anyone, it took me half of my portfolio to learn what i set out to do. I could have learned a better way and just monitored till i got my trading plan down. You live, you learn.

good trading to all.

NIC.fit

Hi there,
I'm resident in France and am delighted to have found this site where I can talk in English during normal waking hours. I trade the CAC 40. Hope some of you do too.

Garth

Hi there,
I'm resident in France and am delighted to have found this site where I can talk in English during normal waking hours. I trade the CAC 40. Hope some of you do too.

Garth

Hi Garth, how do you trade the CAC ?

clearybear

Hi, Kiwi living in Aus,
trawling the net for info > T2W.
Used to trade options, (business got in the way for a few years, sold, currently house building) looking at CFD day trading on big (intra-day) moving stocks, ASX to start (IPL, RIO...) US stocks later, with a longer trend trade or two occaisionally.
Only traded stock options to date but I'm looking into including indexes &/or futures, down the track, (if I can work any out?).
Using CMC markets (cfd-market makers/Brokers)at the moment, I like their platform but not sure about using "market makers" long term? (any feed back on cmc or market maker-brokers, appreciated; Interesting info on trading always a good thing).
Looking at trading fulltime in 09, (if the house's finished?); retiring the week after and moving to Belize, or theres my keeping it real plan which takes a little more time and space.

Hi Everyone

I've really only just started - 5 weeks up till now shorting "the obvious targets"at 50p. My aim, I suppose,is to provide an income that supplements the day job. So far I've read "The Beginner's Guide to SB, and I'm mid way through Malcolm Pryor's The Financial SB Handbook. Time is an issue for me...learning the ropes without spending unnecessarily is a big aim.
I'm going to a Traders University "Seminar" in a couple of weeks (with a a ready supply of scepticism) - but for now I'm glad to have found this site, hopefully I can make some valid contributions in the future.

All the best

David

Howdie Folks

Just a quick couple of lines to introduce myself etc...
I have recenty read a book on financial spread betting, opened a couple of demo accounts and trawled the web for beginners info.

Most of the lingo is now starting to make sense although from the results of my demo trades I still have a lot to learn.

Some of the articles / threads on T2W make excellent reading, hopefully that will accelerate my learning.

Best regards
John :)

Hey everyone,
I found this site on google while doing some research for some investing that im doing. Im relatively new to investment, but it is already something that im very passionate about and im looking to study financial planning in the not to distant future.

I look forward to meeting you all and learning from my stay here!

hi all

i am a reasonably new trader having been 'investing' for a few years. i am trading minimum size in only 3 markets at the moment whilst i develop my trading plan and try to build up my skills.

look forward to learning on here