Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi comporello / mark40, I am also new to this site; I guess we just introduce ourselves and get stuck in! I paper traded for about a year while developing a suitable risk management strategy, I then started small and exposed myself to losses as gently as possible (pass the Vaseline!) I think I am at a basic level with a modest attitude and would love to gain some knowledge from some of the more experienced traders. I will be posting questions elsewhere mainly regarding trading styles (time frames, fibonacci, swing vs momentum etc) Anyway, I am off to browse and see if I can learn something new. Good to be here!

It looks like we would like to explore similar information. See you around the threads. Good luck. (y)

My Intro

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

HELLO SHARKY, I HAVE TRADED BEFORE BRIEFLY AND BEEN OUT OF TOUCH FOR A WHILE. I USE NINJA AND TRADE FUTURES . MOSTLY MIMI S&P AND MINI RUSSEL. THIS IS MY FIRST VISIT TO THE SITE. THANKS

Hello!

Hi guys,

I am a new webie,just dabbled in to this website through the internet and I felt this is the right place to visit and I hope I would learn from this site and equally contribute my little quota to the Fx community.

Happy trading week ahead.:clap:

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hello all! I've been on this board for some considerable time and up until ow have been a 'lurker' so have decided to post. I'm hoping to learn more through more active involement.

my dear friends,

Beloved friends
greetings
i welcome you all with great love and great respect
i am from india, where the stock market is booming
hope i can learn lot from our senior and experienced friends here
thanks for this opportunity to be with you all
cheers
easwaran
india
:)

sharing is growing, sharing is caring, sharing is enlightenment

Thanks to Google that led me to T2W and get the chance to participate with everybody to the best of my knowledge.

As a new comer, I don't have much to say, but it's nice to join in and be as helpful as I can.

New to spread betting hope to learn more thru this site and speaking with more experienced traders.
Andy

hi

`hi guys i am birendra a new member of this site . i have done my mba and alwayswanted to make my career in trading . so pls guys guide me and pls help me to become a trader

Hi

This is to introduce myself. My name is Paul King (not a very innovative name for t2w forum, I’m afraid!)

I wonder what people who read introductions might want to know?

I am 42 years old and I live in France. I am lucky enough (thanks RyanAir and the internet) to be able to hold down a UK job and enjoy a very rural lifestyle.

I was introduced to spreadbetting last autumn by a work colleague who kindly gave me the details of two spread betting companies and an ‘information and recommendation’ company that he used. He mainly focused on indices and FX.

I was very excited by the opportunity to make some extra money ‘part time’ and possibly learning how to be able to make better return on my small share portfolio than I had for the previous ten years or so as a ‘buy and hold’ investor, with absolutely no clue as to what I was doing. As I thought about the prospect more (and as my colleague told me of what he had made with each of his trades each day) I began to think about being able to ‘trade’ from home and not have to commute every other week as I do at the moment to make a living. Then the news broke about Northern Rock, and it was plain for everyone to see that their share price was going to fall dramatically the next day. No surprises that my work colleague enjoyed telling me that he just sat watching his profit grow as the share price fell.

So, armed with my spread bet account and the date for the Bank of England monthly interest rate announcement, I was glued to my computer to see how the ftse and cable reacted at mid-day, on the day of the announcement. They started to move, so in I jumped at £5 a point on each…….
…and watched my loss grow & grow, until stopped out at the spread-bet companies pre-set level. Hero to zero in about 40 minutes (of course I didn’t stop the losses sooner, because they were about to turn around weren’t they?) Needless to say, what I had done wrong here, my work colleague later advised me, was that I needed to have one long order with one spread-bet company, and one short with another, both with tight stops and set to open just outside the trading range of the half an hour or so before the interest rate announcement.

That approach has been more successful (if the orders don’t open, I don’t lose anything!), but it’s not the 'holy grail'. I am still periodically paying into my spread bet accounts, not building up my trading capital and withdrawing my profits.

On reflection, its quite amazing how naive a 42 year old qualified accountant can be, particularly one who is decidedly not a risk taker and over analyses any decision before actually doing anything in ‘normal’ circumstances.

I have since purchased and read a book, entitled ‘trend trading for a living’, which explains some technical analysis set ups, but more importantly to me, is written by some-one who also started out by loosing an awful lot of money, despite being a well educated, no risk taking individual, but now is financially independent.

Whilst this has helped my self confidence and belief in the potential of day & swing trading, I couldn’t see how to apply its teachings to the live markets. Could I really be that dense?

Fortunately I have now found ‘trade 2 win’ wonderful web site forum and more significantly ‘Trader Dantes’ thread explaining ‘pins’ and an awful lot more. Although glued to the computer for hours (literally until 3am in the morning) I am still only up to January of this year in the thread, but I feel I am really learning some practical lessons that I can apply – from TD’s wisdom, but also other contributors very open identification of their short comings and strategies to overcome them.

I intend to compile my ‘trading plan’ this week (another incredibly useful contribution to t2w), and if nothing else, won’t be trading on the three minute, five minute and half hourly time frames again for some years to come.

I feel that with the correct application, training, determination and a positive attitude I will be able to replicate the success I have had in the past in a ‘career’ environment, to become a trader, leading to financial independence. This would mean spending all of my life at home, not just half of it.

However like accountancy and indeed general management, it took four plus years of academic study to be come a qualified accountant, a further four of study years to obtain a MBA and only after that (despite being in work all of the time) did I actually feel that I knew (ie had the practical experience) what I was doing and could competently manage situations as they arose.

So I now consider myself a rather aged apprentice to those members of the t2w forum that are prepared to mentor me!

I apologise for this is a rather long introduction. The site content that I have discovered so far is so informative, helpful and supportive, that I wish I had found it five or more years ago, and I want to focus my time on reading and learning more. My thanks to all involved for the free sharing of their knowledge & experience and mentoring.

Good luck to all, and many thanks to 'TD'

Hi Paul, im new to forex as well, one piece of advice i can give you is not to trade the news if you are a beginner, newstime is risky, it can go either way and can move 100+ pips on unemployment data. Theres plenty of profit to be made without trading the news and it is a lot safer.

Trading is about physchology, that is why Engineers, MBAs and Mathematicians brilliant minds have lost money doing it. They understand technical anaylysis and Probablity but get caught out by random
events and the madness of crowd physchology. When Isaac Newton lost money in the south sea stockmarket bubble he said:

"I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people"

hello,everybody,how r you all getting on? i am a new member and like to know more from forum.hope to keep in touch with you all.thks.

Hello

I joined about a year ago but felt that I had to study more before I took the plunge in even introducing myself. I have been papertrading for over 18 months finetuning my system. Also, I don't want to trade undercapitalised as I believe that this is one of the reasons new traders lose. So, now I feel ready to take the plunge having a what I believe to be a relatively decent amount to start. However, even this amount is just to teach myself the basics of trading in the real world...the whole mechanism of putting a trade on and selling.

My paper trading has been succesful and I am aware that the psychological atmosphere will change once I trade with real money. The point of papertrading was to develop a system that theoretically would make money. This has been done. Now I will see if it will work.

I hope that I can make worthwhile contributions to thei forum now and then.

all teh best
stavros

Hi
Jim Syyap here, trading from auckland, new zealand. I trade mainly forex, been trading since 2004; trading equities since 1997.

Hello ...

Hello traders and potential traders,

My name is Adam Milton. I am a professional day and swing trader, and the About.com day trading guide. As a member of T2W I want to help new traders start trading, and help experienced traders improve their trading. If you would like to know more about me, there is more information in my T2W profile, or my biography on my day trading site.

Thank you to T2W for providing such a great resource.

Adam Milton

Last edited:
Hiya guys

Been a member for fer years so guess its time to interduce myself.

I am a-full time trader working from home. I trade various financial markets.

My favorite are futures and forex.

I have a training program for traders that are interested to learn the real facts.

Regards

Baldur Gislason

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone!

My name is Effiong. I am greatful to be part of this wonderful forum, which I believe will be of help to new traders like myself.

I must commend you guys for the wondeful work you are doing here and advice to new traders to enable them succeed.

I will be posting on daily basis.

Rgards to You All.

Effiong

Hi guys.

My name is Stuart, obviously!!

Been an investor for many years whilst making money from the Full-time Job.

Planning on phasing out the investments, phasing in the trading and moving over to this full time instead.

Will probably be a lurker here more than a poster until I know what i'm talking about. Always said it is better someone think you are an idiot than open your mouth and prove they're right.