Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi Guys,
I have a small portfolio of Australian stocks and thought it was high time I learnt about other ways to trade. Would like to learn Forex trading and signed up for a practice account with $50,000 play money. Lost half of it overnight as I forgot to close out before logging off - put me off real forex trading. Interested in doing a course on Forex - any recommendations? Cheers, Gems

Hi everyone
I am new to this spread betting. Can anyone pointing me to the right direction to start learning and eventually to become a trader? Has anyone heard of a training firm called "Knowledge to Action Ltd" and its trainer or chairman Mr Greg Secter? Has anyone been trained by his company?
Many thanks

Hi Eid,

I am attending this course today. I will be more than happy to copy you in with my own personal feedback.

I like you am new to spread betting. I have spoken to them a few times on the phone and I must admit there does some to be a bit of a sales pitch going on but I am still looking forward to attending the event to see what they have to offer.

Please feel free to PM me over the next few days and I will be happy to post my feedback on this forum.

Good luck.

Hi Eid,

I am attending this course today. I will be more than happy to copy you in with my own personal feedback.

I like you am new to spread betting. I have spoken to them a few times on the phone and I must admit there does some to be a bit of a sales pitch going on but I am still looking forward to attending the event to see what they have to offer.

Please feel free to PM me over the next few days and I will be happy to post my feedback on this forum.

Good luck.

Hi Robbiemac ~ I think there will be quite a few newbies interested in your comments after your experiences at the traders secrets sales pitch today. Look forward to your postings.

hi everyone
just joined looking for some more insight in forex trading done some paper trading and some real trading real trading was not successful so i'm back on paper trading

Hi Folks,

this is a quick hello to everyone on the forums here.

Looking forward to conversing with you,
best regards
Adam

Hi everyone,

Found the forum via googling about Smart Tech. I've got a question which I'll ask in the relevant thread.

Looks like a very informative site, with some very knowledgable people, looking forward to learning some more.

Best wishes

Daniel

Hello Everybody,

I am new to T2W, so I will just give a reason why I am in this game. I got into trading stocks about 10 years ago with a big stake. I managed to waste my money by indulging recklessly in share market. But I see bright future in the Industry .Hence I have during the last 10 months started trading futures and options . I am yet to succeed in a great way but I have got hopes of winning. Need more luck , guidance and blessing from my fellow traders . I hate Day Trading but occassionaly indulge in it. I prefer positional trading . Hopefully we can all be prosperous. Looking forward to sharing Ideas with you all.

Happy and prosperous trading

Growsafe

Hi

I am fairly new to t2w. Have had some success with buy & hold of individual equities purely based on fundamentals, I think that this was more luck than judgement. I'm fairly dissapointed with what institutions have done with my money with the exception of Man Investments who seem to be pretty switched on.

I decided that at some point, I will pull all of my investments out of the institutions & manage them myself.

I brought Ian Williams Trading The Easy Way course for $1000 and that was a real waste of $$$ although a number of things in the course will stand me in good stead later. I lost some money trading that methodology which is basically a long-term trend following system using SBs. I think the volatiliy in the markets at the moment make it hard to make $$$ from this type of system. I am now reading a number of investment books - there's a couple more to go and then I plan to buy Tradestation and start backtesting a few strategies which I will test with forex, futures & equities.

My goal is to eek a living trading, hopefully within the next 3-4 years.

Hi

I am fairly new to t2w. Have had some success with buy & hold of individual equities purely based on fundamentals, I think that this was more luck than judgement. I'm fairly dissapointed with what institutions have done with my money with the exception of Man Investments who seem to be pretty switched on.

I decided that at some point, I will pull all of my investments out of the institutions & manage them myself.

I brought Ian Williams Trading The Easy Way course for $1000 and that was a real waste of $$$ although a number of things in the course will stand me in good stead later. I lost some money trading that methodology which is basically a long-term trend following system using SBs. I think the volatiliy in the markets at the moment make it hard to make $$$ from this type of system. I am now reading a number of investment books - there's a couple more to go and then I plan to buy Tradestation and start backtesting a few strategies which I will test with forex, futures & equities.

My goal is to eek a living trading, hopefully within the next 3-4 years.

Sawatdii Khrap !
if you're going to be getting Tradestation anyway, I recommend that you join up for John Carter's free daily e-video.
It's the best education, paid or unpaid you'll ever receive !!

Most of the trades he demos are on Tradestation (but he is also a master at trading the Ladder on infinityfutures platform)

I also recommend getting his book "Mastering The Trade" - a genuine classic. If I ever get to the stage where I can realise my dream of having a few Phuu Yings working for me as Traders, I will make the book compulsory reading before they start !!

check John out at tradethemarkets.com

(I have no commercial involvement or interest in his company, i'm just a very satisfied customer who is evangelical in spreading the word about Carter)

Sawatdii Khrap !
if you're going to be getting Tradestation anyway, I recommend that you join up for John Carter's free daily e-video.
It's the best education, paid or unpaid you'll ever receive !!

Most of the trades he demos are on Tradestation (but he is also a master at trading the Ladder on infinityfutures platform)

I also recommend getting his book "Mastering The Trade" - a genuine classic. If I ever get to the stage where I can realise my dream of having a few Phuu Yings working for me as Traders, I will make the book compulsory reading before they start !!

check John out at tradethemarkets.com

(I have no commercial involvement or interest in his company, i'm just a very satisfied customer who is evangelical in spreading the word about Carter)

Thanks for that info - I'll take a look.

The one I'm on at the moment is "High probability trading" by Marcel Link - that's got everything from the $1000 course I brought & more.

Bizarrely - the book you recommend is something I ordered from Amazon.com yesterday. It's the book I want to read before I subscribe to Tradestation & start looking at the strategies I've learnt.

I have now signed up for the daily video - every bit helps.

Thanks for the help - although I don't think your Phuu Ying thing is going to work out, why not just get a pretty one to look at whilst you trade ?

Hi all, John here in Ireland. Did a little day trading in the 90s and lost a few bob. Just interested in starting again as the irish property and associated market is in freefall. Wanna know how to short it. Possibly Spread betting?
Cheers................John

Hey Peoples!! Just started looking into forex and came across this site somehow. Will learn loads, for sure :)

Cheers and good luck to all

Hello my good people,
I am a young man . I have been strugling long ago to get sound knowledge in forex trading, but still
yet to succeed.
As I was brouwsing today, I came accross this wonderful site.
By joining this group, I'm sure I will be successful this year.
Thanks & may Almighty God bless us all.
Yours
Adedeji

Hi Guys, my name is Chinedu, i was introduced to this forum by peter. i've been trading for the past 3 years and i am happy to be part of this forum.

Cheers.

Hello I'm from a city park called the Netherlands

My name is Geert an i'm trading options ,mostly AEX options

At the moment i'm looking for ra free website which displays the score of real time dow jones futures,since the Aex is a slave of the dji-index .

My present job is is helping out resocializing people who have had the bad luck
doing some time behind bars.

I am a believer of financial astrology though it has cost me a lot of money till now, because timing as in all tradig systems i think is crucial

regards.

Hello one and all,
been trading stocks for a few years but now its time to start on more exotics-
I have already gained so much off this site i want to thank everyone.
;)

Hi

I'm just here to try to gather all the people together who got scammed by UK LAND INVESTMENT. So that we can together proceed to a court against them. I mean I've lost loads of money here, and it's not fair on any of the people who lost it (ie being scammed) by a well known company!!

Thank you

Shahid