Sticky Introduce Yourself

Thanks Sharky.

Hi all.

I'm relatively new to spread betting even though I have worked as a broker (but that was back in the 80s).

I was looking for info on google that would help me with some of the silly mistakes and I saw the link for this site. I hope to learn a lot.

Hi all, how are you? I was recently given a copy of Metastock 9.0 pro. I have been looking for a straight forward explanation on how to use the software for end of day trading, but, thank God have found this sight. It's a start. I really need help understanding the jist of it. I've watched the introductory videos, but vhey don't explain to me what I'm looking for. I want to get a data feed and run tests that lead me to buy/ sell signals. That's it. Help me help myself. I have 20,000 in an IRA and honestly believe that I can do a heck of alot better doing for myself. any direction???

Tia

Harry

NYC Paramedic

Addicted To Forex

Big hello to all members , this looks like heaven for an addict like me . After going through about $150,000 in virtual money , I think I'm ready to go live. This is awesome , I think fortunes can be made here . I have been glued to the screen for three weeks , I made a lot of mistakes but i have confirmed a great strategy . :smart:

Hiya,

I am quite new to trading and even to the business world in fact, being a scientist by profession, but I think this is something I would like to get into and I have read "Bets and the City" by Sally Nicol, very funny, am currently reading " The financial Spread Betting Handbook" by Malcom Pryor, and have also bought "The Naked Trader" by Robbie Burns and "The New Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz. I have also been using paper trading to test theories and such. I think the best think for me right now is just to read these books to educate myself and attend some free seminars. I am feeling quite anxious to get started though. But patience is a virtue...

my suggestion to you would be to put all those books aside and read in the first instance "Mastering the Trade" by John F Carter.

Once you have digested that, more so the psychological aspects than the trade triggers, then read Mark Douglas's "Trading in the Zone".

Then go back and re-read Carter.

Then burn all the other books you've bought :)

and as for seminars, (unless you attend the one or two run by successful traders from within the T2W community), you'll find the majority of seminars are absolute waste of time at best, rip-off at worst, bull**** sessions full of crap.

good luck, hope it helps ......

unless I find some kind of TA Graal.

funny you should mention that !

I've got just the thing.

Guaranteed 99% succcess rate, limited drawdowns and best of all, it requires no hard work from you.
It's the perfect solution for all new forex traders who know that the successful ones who put in 7-10 years of hard labour were simply wasting their time, when they could have bought rathcoole_exile's Holy Grail Indicator.

Please send cheques for $1,000,000 to me at 10 Downing Street.

Hiya,

I am quite new to trading and even to the business world in fact, being a scientist by profession, but I think this is something I would like to get into and I have read "Bets and the City" by Sally Nicol, very funny, am currently reading " The financial Spread Betting Handbook" by Malcom Pryor, and have also bought "The Naked Trader" by Robbie Burns and "The New Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz. I have also been using paper trading to test theories and such. I think the best think for me right now is just to read these books to educate myself and attend some free seminars. I am feeling quite anxious to get started though. But patience is a virtue...

If you are a good scientist - ie you look at facts logically, draw conclusions based on evidence, always willing to challenge your own & other's thoughths and always seek knowledge, then you have a solid foundation on which to build a trading lifestyle. I'm sure Mr Spock should really have been a trader & not wasting his time roaming the galaxies!

Never forget your scientific principles - they will stand you in good stead. Best wishes & good luck (btw - don't need the luck if you trade well!). :)

Hello! How are you?
I' m fine! I would like you to discuss with you about your strategy.
Good profits for all!
Best regards,
Peteris.

I have been a broker for 45 years.
My best advice: get a simulated account and practice, practice, practice until you can really make the money.
Ken

Hello, NEW on this site... 51 old, trader , swing, and differential bi-directionnal futures trading, this is my way (to learn) at this moment. I like very much commodities ETF... from Belgium

Hi Y'awl Capitalsit Pig Comrads

This is my first day and first post. I have been dabbling in the Market since 1965 with mostly terrible results until the past yeaer or two. My ancient strategy of buying holding and ignoring (and losing) is long gone. I am not exactly a day trader but rather a frequent trader (more than 5 trades/month) so I am looking forward to checking in as often as possible to see what we can teach each other.
I wish all of us much success.

Hi all,
Just to introduce myself, I am a trader & principal of RC Jones Capital Markets in San Francisco. I hope to post some market analysis that will help some new traders have a more comprehensive understanding of the markets.

Good Trading
Nathan

I have been a broker for 45 years.
My best advice: get a simulated account and practice, practice, practice until you can really make the money.
Ken

I think I know your scottish cousin, Ken Fcuk All ?

:clap: sorry, couldnae resist. but obviously only works if you ken a wee bit ae Scats

hallo all, i'm Nukasep from Jakarta. i'm newbie here...:clap:

i'm trading in stock market, please give me some advice about pivot point. :confused:

thank you.

hello

hello friends...i recently learned about this forum, hope to share lot with all of you guys:cheesy:

Hi guys,
I'm a trader with a system (automated) to trade Forex. Glad to have a chat with traders this forum.

Hi Guys,

I am Shanwal from (UK). I am just starting on forex. I joined this forum to share and learn from this community. I've gone through most of the stuff here and I tell you, I am learning alot.