Sticky Introduce Yourself

New Kid on the Block

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie with a knowledge of investing (mainly collective investments) but a very rudimentary understanding of trading.

It's been fascinating reading through past posts and finding out about the world of trading.

I look forward to developing the right approach before jumping in feet first- and that will require a huge amount of dedication.

Well done for such a great site! ;) :D

Hi, New reg here.

I have been looking for a good site to communicate with other inverster/SB's for learning purposes. I stubbled across T2W by accident an have been well impressed.
I have dabbled in stocks over a couple of years, but stopped after i lost a little bit a couple of years back. I have since restarted having been keen to try my hand at SB. Innitially it seemed very attractive (tax issues and all) , but i have become increasingly irritated with them due to their market prices fluctuations which effectivly double the spread and make it difficult to make money. I have been using Tradindex which i see is not hoghly praised on this site.
I believe that that do mark the accounts and introduce lags. My first month i made a packet and did not notice any perceptable lag in the market prices. Since then it has become very obvious and as a result i have given them back most of the money.
I find myself now looking around at other companies but also reading and learning as much as possible. I would like to move into futures rather.

hi szeller, and welcome to T2W :D

I'm sure you'll find lots of comments on these BBs which are similar to your own, together with discussions of how people have made the transition from SBs to futures, and those who still prefer the SB route using different instruments.

Hello. I was invited here by one of your members. I love to learn and discuss different trading philosophies and this looked like a very friendly place to do that in. My limited knowledge and experience as a swing trader is further limited by the fact that I only trade in the US markets, so I don't know how much I can contribute here.

Plenty of US traders here, both indecies and stocks. As you are from Florida, I suggest you invite us all over for a welcoming party. Daytona Beach would be a good location..... :cheesy:

Hi Chaps,

I have been aorund these boards for 2 to 3 weeks, I work in the stockbroking industry but in the back office section, Take Overs and Rights Issues and all that. I have started trading and have learnt so much by a) reading, b) reading and c) reading. Then I have practiced, lost and practiced again. My knowledge has increased 10 fold. By the way if anyone wants any info advice re Corporate Events that comapnies undertake then give me a shout or personal message and I will be more then happy to help.

insomnia

dingers said:
did you know there is a uk broker that provides a " stop loss"
"comdirect"

dingers:)

zzaxx99 said:
FWIW, DLJdirect now provide stoplosses and limit orders as well...

wow! how things progress :eek:

Hello

Morning all , this thread ie new member intro's should be stuck at top of boards if we want to encourage new joiners to say a howdy...... no buggers said hello in 3 years ???? :LOL:

Hi FX!

My names WASP and I'm an alcoholic, oops sorry, wrong Forum... :eek:

fxmarkets said:
Morning all , this thread ie new member intro's should be stuck at top of boards if we want to encourage new joiners to say a howdy...... no buggers said hello in 3 years ???? :LOL:

RU waiting for somebody? I'll be your friend if you like..... :mad:

cheers rols buddy. :) not waitng but surely how many members have joined in the last 3 years ? thousands ? and not one says hello.

whats changed ? now i can sense that new member joining may feel at times that reading some threads they may be apprehensive , hence we see the odd post like "first post here so take it easy with me etc"

just seems odd there was a few pages up til 2003 , then nothing.... for 3 years... thats says something doesnt it...... ? hmm what about when members join they fill a introduction card that gets dumped automatically... in new members joined today section..... yes thats right, they have to say hello almost... that cant be a bad thing can it......?

Didn't even know this was here.

Maybe there should be a welcome basket: a free charting program, a free data provider, a couple of free e-books, a gift certificate for Munchies (how I miss Muchies) . . . :)

Greetings to all ...from Singapore

Hi all,

Wishing everyone here a successful and blessed Year 2007.

Nice to be here and hope to meet new friends from all over the world. Let's get connected, share with one another what's working well and making good money online.

I'm a fulltime homemaker since year 2003. Currently, earning a stable income every month from my investment in SwissCash Financial Facility. A simple and lucrative investment plan that comes with an option to build as an online financial business if one chooses to. I'm glad that this company has made it possible for me to receive a steady flow of monthly income from home.

So much to share for now.....

"At one time you work so hard for your money, it is time for your money to work harder for you"
---Robert T. Kiyosaki---Author of "Rich Dad - Poor Dad"

Best wishes and have a blessed day!

Cheah
[email protected]

scgateway said:
Hi all,

Wishing everyone here a successful and blessed Year 2007.

Nice to be here and hope to meet new friends from all over the world. Let's get connected, share with one another what's working well and making good money online.

I'm a fulltime homemaker since year 2003. Currently, earning a stable income every month from my investment in SwissCash Financial Facility. A simple and lucrative investment plan that comes with an option to build as an online financial business if one chooses to. I'm glad that this company has made it possible for me to receive a steady flow of monthly income from home.

So much to share for now.....

"At one time you work so hard for your money, it is time for your money to work harder for you"
---Robert T. Kiyosaki---Author of "Rich Dad - Poor Dad"

Best wishes and have a blessed day!

Cheah
[email protected]

Welcome to the site, Cheah,

Hope you find what you need.

Split

Hi! I just joined T2W so I could mix with like-minded folk. I'm currently working in publishing and spread betting in my spare time. I like to trade currencies and indices. I started with TradIndex in October 2004 with £1000. That was eroded to £440 over the course of about a year, but six months later I was up to £1270. I'm now back at £928 having had a bad run but hoping to recover. I also have an IG Index account which I opened for its more sophisticated platform which can be useful. I still like TradIndex as their simple platform is very easy to use and their 'player account' enables me to test new ideas with virtual cash.

I live a short train ride from Leeds and I've read elsewhere that there is a regular meet there, though I haven't been able to find details of it. If anyone can provide further information about the Leeds meets I'd love to join in.

All the upcoming events/meets are posted on the Home Page, or a detailed list is here, although there's not a Leeds meet atm.

I'm 31 years of age, live in West Hamspstead, London. I've been running T2W with the help of the staff and mods for about 7 years now. I first got interested in trading in 2000, like everyone it seemed at the time. I was drawn to technical analysis as that was a methodology that suited my personality, fairly analytical brain. I dabbled in spreadbetting, direct access trading and forex but I've long since realised what I'm good at is web stuff, and so decided to stick with what I know best - hence I leave the trading to the experts. All the same, I have a natural interest in the financial markets - after all who interested in money!

I now work full-time from an office in Soho, London where my time is split between T2W and my web agency, Dynamite Partners, which I set up about 18 months ago.

If you have any questions about the site or suggestions to improve the site, then feel free to pm or email me any time. I'm here to make sure your experience on the site is the best one possible, and I'm very keen to take on board any feedback I get from the members.

Hi there,

I'm Chris living in Derby UK. I say living, I'm currently a law student at the University here so living might be a bit presumptuous, I get by. I got into Forex about a year ago, still on a demo account but doing fairly well. I tend to stick to day trading, mainly technical analysis as that is what I find comes naturally to me. I am looking to invest some of my 'hard earned' student loan into Forex in a month or so, must admit I am slightly nervous as although I've had a good profit margin so far, it's not my money and don't hesitate to open trades. When it's my own money will things run as smoothly, who knows?

I use M15 charts and tend to just use MA and Stochastic indicators to open trades, worked so far but if someone could explain how to read Relative Vigour Index I'd be most appreciative!

BTW Sharky, great site, only been here a few days but so far very impressed, appears to be lots of people here with great knowledge and understanding of the markets and I hope to learn a lot from you all. Even if I don't it's still a fun site and will be my first port of call in the mornings (after opening Metatrader to check on gpb/usd of course!)

Chris