Sticky Introduce Yourself

paul e greetings

Hi
I'm very hopefully that someone useful is going to get in contact.

I brand new to forex trading, I've run a few practice programs and discovered most to be scams , I've settled with the idea of puttingm my money into ETX capital, is this a good idea?.

Alsow can anyone recommend the best free/paid live news feed ? Or good places/forums to get good tips?

Cheers Paul

Pauplepop,

Look for a regulated international broker if you do not trust your domestic brokers. As to the tips, do not listen to what any broker, analyst, strategist or trader tells you. Or if you do, be sure he's telling the truth by comparing what he says to what actually happens in markets. Be successful!

Hi I’m Darius,

Very much new to Forex after being in I.T. for many years, but I am hungry to learn and I hope you guys can help me along the way.

Thanks!

Hello

Hi im Iskander TSLAP stands for TranquilState LiveART Production, thats really why im here.

Over the summer i spent a great deal of time putting in my proposal for funding for my start up from the goverment. Either im too old for any grants or dont have sufficient data to back my claims in order to be aproved finance. I dind give up!

Ive been out of work for two years and looking after my mum who is house bound, im a full time carer.

So my search for a way to raise £20,000 to £50,000 went on. At the end of august i restarted my onling search for funds and whilst doing so one night on my iphone a advert for a app poped up. It was for nenx i did some research as id become acostumed to do for anything that i may put money into onmline to see if it was a scam or not. Ok so i decided to risk £10 which i got up to £40 something and then lost it all. Then i decided to deposit £20 and give it one last go before giving up on it. I got up to £560 took out 200 then lost the rest. So for the last month ive been on every app i could find iq options, option rally and many more.

I have just in the last two days figured out the nasdaq.co and xe.com and using them to view history and im trying to look for trends.

once my bankroll is sufficient im hoping to start using 24option i love the look of it and alongside the historical data charts i feel i will do well one day.

Im hopefull to make some good picks throughout the coming months.

To think that im making great choices with small £10 and £20 bets here and there and realistically speaking my 85% returns can one day go from being £8.50 to £850 to £8500 i feel like walking up to people in the street and telling them about the wonderfull oportunities i have discovered in existance.

This is my start for now im simply gambling making bets up down in certain ammount of time when i have more capital and experience i hope to move into stock purchase. Untill then ill be here lurking and asking questions.

My goal is to make my start up funding by next june/july.

I look forward to getting to know you

AL :clap:

Hi All,

Been lurking a long time - great site T2W has really helped - still a Novice with much to learn. Indices are my instruments of choice SPX DOW DAX NQ FTSE.
Thank you all.

Let me introduce myself.

Hi everyone, im Archiebald and ive been trading for like 4 months now, lol and ive been blowing out my initial deposit.
I have learnt that as a trader you need to have or rather surround yourself with experienced and professional traders so that you can learn and get guidance from them, im happy i found a community :clap:

I'm a retired software engineer who's been trading stocks/bonds/ETFs/futures contracts for many years. In recent years, I've been putting my math/programming skills to use developing my own algorithmic trading strategy. I started with the ideas in Ernie Chan's "Algorthimic Trading" book, in particular a cointegrated mean-reversion algorithm using a Kalman filter, and I've applied it to a cointegrated ETF triplet. Backtesting using 5 years of historical data suggests a 50% AYR in-sample, about 45% out-of-sample, with a maximum drawdown of 8.9%.

I've recently added a cointegrated VAR (Vector Auto-Regressive) model to the mean-reversion algorithm and improved the performance in backtesting. Trading with the algorithm live over the past two months, I've made a 7% return (which implies a 50% annual return if the algorithm continues to perform as well). As you tell, my approach relies pretty heavily on math and statistics, so it might not be for everyone. I prefer to do the algorithm coding myself rather than rely on "canned" trading programs, or "black box" approaches (such as neural networks) in which the trading rules are mysterious (and possibly spurious).

Anyway, if anyone else here is doing algorithmic trading, I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences.

Hi Everyone

I'm a new member based in South Africa hoping to learn some serious trade secrets so I don't throw all my money down the toilet. Here's hoping for a daily swim in my money bin, just like Scrooge McDuck, sometime in the near future.

where about

I'm a new member based in South Africa hoping to learn some serious trade secrets so I don't throw all my money down the toilet. Here's hoping for a daily swim in my money bin, just like Scrooge McDuck, sometime in the near future.

Ive been an occasional reader of the forum for the last 2.5 years. I just wanted to finally make my first post here and say hello :)

New to this

Hi All
Like it says I'm new to this forum stuff , been trading for about 10 years now and full time for past 2 years due to being made redundant in my career...... **** happens!!
I thought I'd try a forum to get some info before trying to automate my trading, there is some promising software available.
I'm not big into programming strategies so I'm hopeful I'll be able to pick up some tips here??

or maybe someone could recommend a good place to start??

Cheers Greg

Hi.
Im newbie in trading, from spring tested my skils in demo acc, but from yesterday try whit real acc. Now is the real time to start learning how to seperate emotions from trading, and everything else. So i hope to find some advise here.
Best regards.

newbie saying hello

hi just joined and wanted to say hi,
Been trading since may2015 so still have alot to learn. Started out in the dodgy world of binary options before moving onto spread betting.
Progress so far is up and down but managing to hover around break even.

Sure i will have questions and will join in with threads soon

Regards

steve

Hello everyone, happy to have joined Trade2win, I am new to forex trading, just stated on a demo account for the last 3 months,today i managed to win all my 4 trades, I managed to make total of 625 pips, I was using MACD and some combination of Moving averages, I picked up this strategy last week but now I managed to will the trades that I made today, I need advises. is 625 pips that I made today enough for me to start trading live?