Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi

Hi everyone.

I´m a spanish trader, specialized in index futures and cfds. Now I only trade the index DAX, with it I´m very comfortable and I´m doing amazing numbers.

Now I have open an account in etoro, you can see me in this link:

https://openbook.etoro.com/xiru777/stats/

I´m looking information about manage capitals and start with a company registered by the FCA.

Cheers!

Hi - Just joined thread. Live in NZ and love the internet as I can get a worldwide perspective on this thread! cheers

Not new to trading, but I now have a lot of time due to me only trading based on daily and weekly charts. Good luck everyone, and please no bugging by commercial vendors.

Thanks,
Mike

hi all,

im 23, an engineer, been interested in trading for the last 5 years or so and finally decided to have a look at it a bit more closely now that i have some disposable income.

like i say i am an engineer, which i enjoy and therefore don't really have a desire to be do anything else as a day job. that being said, i have a fair bit of spare time in evenings which i can spend trading. i wouldn't rule out a job change at some point, though, if i found that i'm pretty good at this

now, im the first to admit i tend to get carried away with excitement / fear etc etc when money is involved. as a result, a mechanical system is far preferable for me, also because i have a very analytical side and finding indicators etc. with which to build my system is something I would like to do.

i am more than happy to take a very modest return on a larger investment in order to minimise my exposure, and i would prefer to do this in a small number of instruments.

my challenge now will be to find whether stocks / forex or something else is for me, and generally how i wish to trade. i am also on the lookout for a program or web-based software which will allow me to input my own findings and ideally buy and sell based on a set of pre-programmed variables.

hopefully you guys can advise on these areas!

in any case, i look forward to reading and learning more, and hopefully making a little money along the way.

Thanks!

Hello,
I m new & started trading in cash equity in N S E ( NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE OF INDIA )
& eager to make profit by learning Technical Analysis & Chart reading investigation from this blog.
Shirish Shah

I promise to try harder

Hello everyone.

Here is what I put on my profile, which sums up my dismal trading experience ...

Dipped my toe in the pond around 2001, got frost bite.
Dipped it in again around 2007, and lost a limb (ouch!).
... but that water is soooo tempting I am trying again ... wish me luck!

Before you say it I know "luck" is the wrong word to use.

I've seen 'hindsight' mentioned here and that is what really bugs me. I have lost a great deal of money to the markets in the past, and I'm not here to 'get it back', but I am ready to have a more refined attempt at making a profit.

Whether that profit is a penny or a few pounds is not significant for me right now, just the ability to enjoy the trading experience without suffering headache inducing losses.

Cheers,
Martin

Hi

Hello,
I've been trading for quite a while. Swing trader driven by chart patterns only-many I've developed over the years. Don't use any TA besides volume, OI and averages for those two.
Never spent much time in forums but was at a competitors and one thread answered a big question I had been having concerning canadian dollar. Getting more and more into forex.

Hello all,

I am just investigating whether trading would be a good idea for me. A complete novice and this was brought to my attention by a "Vince Stanzione" flyer.

Is it worth the money to start with though?

Thanks,

Hi everybody
Always considered myself an unlucky gambler. Looking forward to using the forum to become a better trader

Hello everyone, been trading for a few years, currently trading UK equities and spreadbetting equities and indices. Look forward to shifting more into TA rather than my mainly current fundamental trading.

Hi all, I am new to trading but have been investing for 25 years.
Could anyone suggest a supplier of EOD data for UK and Europe, I live in Australia and have data for Australia, Singapore and US.

There appears to be no local source of data for Europe in Australia.
I am using Metastock 11 so would prefer data in Metastock format but if there is a good data at a better price in ASC11 or another format that I can convert that Ok.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Cheers

I am a very experienced Forexmospherian. I have been trading only currencies for over 11 yrs now and have been full time approximately 6 yrs. I am a short term intraday trader taking between 5 and maximum 20 trades a day and so far in my career have carried out over 12000 live trades - with my maximum pat stake being 22 lots in 2008/9.
Nowdays I rarely trade over 10 full lots and my normal daily target is 50 pips minimum. On good days I can make 150 -250 pips - great days over 350 pips and very bad days - I still make positive pips - even if I have 3 or 4 bad trades - as my stop are all tight from 4 to 7 pips maximum normally.

I am amongst the 2-3 % of all traders who make profit daily. The Forex market is totally rigged and played with by large players - liquidity suppliers and of course now adays by HFT.

Most strategies are 50 /50 and only with great MM can you keep increasing your account.

Most Guru's are rubbish and it shows they are not real traders.

I trade PA off a tick and 1 min chart and can make trades with RR's of 4 to 6 within 30 mins some sessions.

Yes I sound full of BS - but its taken years of live screentime - over 10k hrs and lots of devotions and being able to take losses on the chin - that have made me fairly unique.

I am not really like by the industry ( brokers / gurus / other network sites) as I say it as I see it - ie this market is corrupt beyond belief - but whilst it makes me great money - I just feel sorry for the other 70 -90% of traders who belief all the spin and therefore end up taking bad trades or losing their accounts.

I have been there and my first 2-3 yrs where not good - but now days I know all the game plays and can read PA on a tick chart as good as anyone in Retail

PS - experienced retail traders are better than commercial trading which is a totally different ballgame
Commercial traders talk of 30 -70% returns per annum - I look for that per month or 2 months maximum - simply because I know what I am doing and also am a good mathematician and have excellent MM methods etc

Why have I joined this forum ?

Simple my other Forexmospherian traders are up to new developments and therefore whilst awaiting new chat rooms and facilities - i want to share something back for the time being

Trading is not simple - 50% + of all new traders should not even look at it - they will not have the skills etc needed - whilst teh ones that do have the skills will end up going nowhere if they believe all that they read

I will help show the otherside and am prepared to give a little back to traders who have open minds and are starting to understand more about this massive world wide "game"

Look forward to some questions - BUT - believe me - there is NO holy grail - its down to effort - concentration. focus. study. patience. mind and game skills , and of course having good eyeight and a decent brain - that are connected ;-))

Hello T2W friends and traders.

I am a full time trader specializing in options trading. I am a technician, and have done well for myself since I started trading in 2001.

Please don't ask about the cars, the profits, the houses or anything you assume is my way of measuring my success.

I am here to share my experiences and tips, and trade with a bunch of winners, and those learning to be winners.

My advice to anyone starting out?
Start because you want to make millions. But do it for the love, and you just might. Amateurs focus on profits, professionals focus on risk mitigation and money management.

Cheers.