Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi all!

I'm Garrett, 21, and going into my junior year of undergrad; majoring in finance with a minor in accounting. I'm not totally sure what I want to do when I graduate, but I defiantly want to work in the finance/banking world. Trading stock has always seemed appealing, so I'm here to learn the basics and hopefully start trading in the next few months.

Hi, fellow tee2ers,

I'm about ready to begin trading. FTSE/S&P500 swing trading seems right for me.
What drew me here was a post I found when I was looking for some decent free charting software (ProRealTime) that is more than just basic- quick learner here!!

I have a question about setting up (or finding) 'drill down' capability with charts.
I want to drill down through looking at Sector chart->industry group chart->industry chart->company chart. And view 2-3 indicators at same time for each.

I should post in an appropriate forum here to ask advice.

I find ProRealTime free charting software really useful- the Complete Workstation (currently v9.2).

Had toe in water since way back in 2007, but events of 2008 put me off- well OK I didn't have much confidence/knowledge then and shorting seemed like rocket science..

Did a 3 day course here in London to help find my way in.
Currently just doing paper trades. 27 so far and looking good.

Hi all.
I am from a company called GDM Holdings and we deal in property investments and developments.

Just from what I have seen and read on this site , binary options are sometimes tricky as you need to watch these stocks constantly as it always fluctuates this is best done with an advisor who handles your investment portfolio on binary options.

Steven

Hi,

I have my own firm, and am looking for a few people with experience of OEIC / ICVS and have an IMC.

We are authorised and regulated by the FCA and are looking to extend the range of products we create to include regulated collective investments funds.

Let me know and I can send you some more information.

Of course a new entry to this forum :) Sidra, wishing to be a great trader in future still at the learning stage ! after having an MBA in Finance, now pursuing CFA :) please wish me luck for both, my career and studies. Cheer :)

Hi,

I have my own firm, and am looking for a few people with experience of OEIC / ICVS and have an IMC.

We are authorised and regulated by the FCA and are looking to extend the range of products we create to include regulated collective investments funds.

Let me know and I can send you some more information.

Let me know if i am eligible...

hi, im new to trading, took an inclass course here in toronto and now just trying to learn as much as i can. im mostly interested in options for a steady income stream.

Let me know if i am eligible...

Hi Sidra,

You will need at least the CFA or alternatively the Investment Management Certificate.

An MBA is not recognised by the UK FCA as suitable qualitification.

Good luck with your studies.

Hi guys im new here so hello every one, im really interested in spread betting and been learning for some time now :)

Hello, my name is Milan and I trade full-time for living in last 3 years.
I'm technical trader with very strict risk and money management. IMO whatever system is being used, the most crucial part is money management.

Hi andrew, ive been roughly trading the same with capital spreads, i think its a great way of a second income if you know how to trade, how you getting on?

Hi Louis, I trade with City Index-I started to trade seriously about a month or so ago and have made some quite good money on shares,indices,commodities and forex-a lot of what we do is limiting risk-stops bet sizing diversification-how much money have you made or lost(!)

Hi Louis, I trade with City Index-I started to trade seriously about a month or so ago and have made some quite good money on shares,indices,commodities and forex-a lot of what we do is limiting risk-stops bet sizing diversification-how much money have you made or lost(!)

Ive only really traded forex majors and the ftse 100 shares i think there the if you like more trader friendly (if thats true!!) and more traded than other instruments! Ive made a few hundred and lost around the same, (learning curve) i went in at first head first with out risk managment stop loss etc. now i wait for signals using some indicators an usually wait for some major news reports and wait for candle and price, do you do much studying?

Hello all,

New guy from Boone, NC USA. I'm pretty clueless about Forex. Been on babypips, and doing their pipschool. I like the format. Learn a bit, then a quiz.
Also interested in Zorro-trader. Just started running a couple of demos with it. My expectations aren't high, but I'm hoping that I can learn some of the basics by watching it trade. Right now I barely even know what all the numbers on the charts mean....and I'm still clueless about a lot of the terms & abbreviations.

But, I haven't lost any money yet either. ;)

hi, Im an Australian living in Bangkok trading the Thai SET (trying)
Actively traded the ASX for 2 years churning and broke even.
Packed it all up for 2 years and now having another crack at it.

Ive only really traded forex majors and the ftse 100 shares i think there the if you like more trader friendly (if thats true!!) and more traded than other instruments! Ive made a few hundred and lost around the same, (learning curve) i went in at first head first with out risk managment stop loss etc. now i wait for signals using some indicators an usually wait for some major news reports and wait for candle and price, do you do much studying?

Hi Louis-I studied a book called "The Financial Spread Betting Handbook " by Malcolm Pryor and more recently a home study course by Vince Stanzione both of which are quite useful.I bet on trends and moving averages but also on fundamentals.I'm cautious with bet sizing and stops. I read the financial press but by the time big stories are out often the news is already priced in.Individual footsie 100 shares are a good place to start-forex can be trickier because of volatility and pricing but some good money to be made if you get it right.Andrew

Hello,

I live in France and am a beginner in trading. Well, I have tried trading a little and lost not a great amount fortunately. However, I started to think it was not made for me. Well, recently, I took a reverse rethink about it and decided I can be successful if I dedicate myself to it. I am now at the very basics: learning and developing a trading plan explaining my motives, etc. Hope this work this time. Luck to me, luck to you all. Well, anyone from France here anyways?

Hi to you all.

I'm over in Europe, Ireland, and I'm new to Trading...

Does this T2W site also cover trading in Europe, London ?

I was looking at a course to do with spreadbetting, and that is how I found this site.
The name Vince Stanzione turned up in the searches,
http://thefinancialtrader.net/spread3.htm
Does anyone know of him/used the course material?
How good his course is/detailed/real/proven?
Can it work as well as he states?
Should I start in another direction perhaps?

Appreciate the heads-up on this, always wise to do some background work first I think.

CW7 :rolleyes: