Sticky Introduce Yourself

I am Senior software engineer. I am part time trader too and have more than 5+ years experience in Forex trading, future and binary options. :cool:

Hi All,
I have just joined this T2W. I have been working in middle office roles for 4 years, and now want to explore my options. So really looking to gain knowledge, and perhaps some advise. cheers

Hi. I am a trader who has been in the markets for a few years now. I operate a discretionary trading program. Looking forward to more posts and learning more.

hi everyone
i'm new to this site but not to trading.
can anybody help me with an indicator that freezes up my platform when applied to a chart. i love the indicator but need someone to re-code it to stop it freezing my mt4 paltform up.

thanks john

Hi guys,

My name is Fabian and I'm from Israel.

I've been trading for two years for now, so far quite ****ty I must admit but I also learned from scammers. Hopefully things will turn upside down now :)

Hi Everyone. I'm a Chinese-American business owner living in Manchester for 2 years now. I have been working in the import-export business for the last 5 years and now, I feel it is the right time to do some investments on the side. I am particularly looking at properties in the US though not sure yet which area (Miami vs Michigan!) to buy. Last year I invested on pink diamonds and very happy about it especially that Diamonds are doing very well in Hong Kong, mainland china, India and other parts of Asia. I am looking to meet friends here to help me find my future property investment. Cheers.

Hi Alex, that's a good one. I like that. hahaha. nice to meet you. Cheers!

thanks for that!
it's good to know that my almost absent social skills have managed not to embarrass me :)

i am not a trader but if anybody has any technical questions about the "other side" of the trading process i will do my best to answer.

Hi there!
First posting despite looking at this excellent site way back.
After couple years of prevarication (risk averse ;) ) reading, learning, researching etc and "dabbling" aka paper trading, have 'bit the bullet' and actually started placing the odd trade when I have the time. Based in UK, & want to eventually do well enough to have more time to get some sailing in!
Thanks T2W for keeping sending me reminder emails - and the nudge to put my hand up and say "hello"

Yes, pink diamonds are very hot right now especially in Asia. :) I invested in January and so far, so good. I am very happy with the result. Best of all, my wife can wear it, I don't need a bank or a safe to hide it. :) What about you, what do you do if you don't mind me asking. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm Malc and, er, I've just got into trading. It's been a long time since I was away from the world of the stock market which I was active in during the '90s.

In those days I used to use MetaStock and had their first attempt at a Windows platform rather than their DOS based affair. Now if anyone remembers the 90s or has been bequeathed a pile of Investor's Chronicles from that time then look up in the back adverts and you will see an advert for Smith & Hodgson Limited selling data for Metastock. That was my mate and I.

That took a number of years of trying to explain to the stock market what a small investor was (no, they had no idea) and that the average small investor wouldn't want to pay £6,000 a year in licence fees to them for the data. Anyway, many moons of wrangling and they agreed to let us sell data on and Smith & Hodgson was formed.

It was doing alright, even getting the odd glowing review in IC when two things happened. The first is that Ted died and the second is that ESI came along and took over the market. But, hey, we were the first!

Anyway, things happened and one thing and another and I slowly drifted away from the stock market even though I do remember going to the launch party of ShareScope and if anyone from Inonic is reading I have to declare that the stain on the carpet was perhaps not me.

I drifted off into horse racing where I make most of my income now. If that has taught me one thing is that it's all about discipline and money management. Anyway, I've been backing horses and selling ratings for over a decade and things are ticking over nicely and I am living happily in North Wales.

Then an inheritance came along. Well, I would have preferred to have had the house but, of course, in today's caring sharing society I had to sell it at rock bottom price to pay for my mother's stay at the care home and I was left with the loose change.

So, what do? Well, the obvious route was to return to investment. I dusted off my old books and re-read them from cover to cover starting with Jim Slater's Zulu Principle. I read some other books on trading that I had purchased in the meantime (I tried my hand at the pre-race markets on Betfair) and just kept on reading.

A lot went into premium bonds and a pile went into ISAs which are doing fine and heading in the right direction and it was when I wanted to get some shares into the ISA and was blocked because they were on the AIM or whatever that I wanted to look elsewhere.

And I found spread betting. For anyone used to Betfair it's very similar except that the markets, even the more frantic ones, are no-where as mad as the pre-race markets. So this was ideal. I inhaled a lot of Malcolm Pryor's books, made charts and then went in.

My first broker was IG and the first thing that I noticed is that the spreads were horrendous. When I wanted to go long on some I couldn't and the same when I wanted to go short. I've got some positions and they are climbing the right way but they have been hampered by a spreads as wide as the Grand Canyon.

So, I opened an account with Tradefair and the spreads are so much tighter. Armed with printouts and stuff from ShareScope I found that it was easier to make something on there than on IG. And I managed to sell something short that didn't have me calling a dealer up.

I will let me positions ride on IG, moving up the stops when it's appropriate and then when the whole lot is cleared, or they expire (I won't renew these in June or September) then I will transfer them over to other brokers.

Anyway, a bit of a long introduction. I really just wanted to say how much things have improved since the 90s when we have the world wide webs rather than to use CompuServe forums to shout at Metastock support. How much easier is it now to have real tme graphs than what we had then.

Apologies for the ramble; just be thankful that you never caught me at the other end of this 'ere bottle of rouge.

Hi Everyone

I have two interview's on saturday for a trainee stockbroker position with CGC markets and TM harris, both in alternative markets, is there anything I should watch out for?

thanks

Hello Peeps,
Looking at some trading forums to gather and share information about the stockmarket.
Been doing it for about 5 years made some mistakes in the beginning.
But now its almost like my dayjob. And loving it.

Thanks

Hello,

My background is engineering. Made a fortune in 2009 writing options but gave most of it back. Would love to do it again however margin is too high now as Optionsxpress left Canada and now we only have InterActive Brokers.

Like VanTharp but Uncertain as to how many successful traders he has developed.

What I think I know:
System trading can work if you are willing to live with drawdowns and live through periods of underperformance. Must stick with it and trade 1000s of trades.

I believe Karen the Supertrader. I did what she did but she was smart. She turned trading into a business ASAP and developed a supportive work environment.

Larry Williams COT theory is very good.

I like tasty trades. Know you odds before you enter the trade. Beautiful.

Just some thoughts.